H&A Spring Break - From the Bay to LA

Psychic Wombat

You've never watched The Mentalist then atrus?

I haven't even heard of it! Never heard of Naomi Watts either. It probably has a lot to do with me being a total recluse.

So I spent most of the episode trying to work out whether I even watched the show at this point. I do remember Nick Parrish - but he didn't leave till '94, so that doesn't narrow it down. And I remember Haydn, although looking at Wikipedia that's probably because he came back for guest stints. I think as far as I was concerned, Pippa and Michael had always been together - so I decided this might just have been before I 'joined'. Not long before though, I realised, as soon as I noticed Blake was in it - because I remember the Blake and Meg story fairly well and that was only the following year.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should really check here more often. I've just accidentally come across an episode and found out about this run. :lol: Have I missed anything good?

Only about 4 weeks worth of episodes featuring Kym, Vinnie and Shannon amongst others!

I'd completely forgotten that Sophie and Haydn went out. The last time I can recall her coming back, Blake was trying to get back with her. I do actually remember Karen. I found the stunt Adam, Blake and Haydn pulled with the masseuse mildly amusing. Fisher's reaction when he didn't know what was going on and the guy he was staying at the hotel with was trying to take the mick was even funnier. Better still was when he discovered Adam, Blake and Haydn and immediately everything clicked.

I do vaguely remember seeing this storyline with Julie. I found Revhead a pain in the backside the way he kept mouthing off to Marilyn and how he spoke to Nick afterwards. And he seemed quite controlling although I do kind of get his point. I honestly can't remember what happened but Nick made a point to Marilyn of wanting to be Julie's friend. Would he normally go out of his way to be friends with someone he's just met? With a situation like this if he's not interested in anything romantically there's a danger that he could lead her on and she could end up getting hurt.

Whilst I haven't enjoyed all the episodes they've shown over the last 4 weeks some of them have been pretty good. Surprisingly overall the week I enjoyed the most was Chris Hemsworth which is funny because I was expecting a lot of the episodes to be like watching paint dry but far from it.

I should really check here more often. I've just accidentally come across an episode and found out about this run. :lol: Have I missed anything good?

Um...see the preceding 30 pages or so...They are all still on Demand5, although the first one gets taken off in 4 days, so have a look on there and see if there's anything you fancy.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/home-and-away/episodes/

Mmmm, Sophie in a bathing costume...Sorry, trying to get past that moment.Okay, I'm there.So yes, we're now in the early 90s teen group of Blake, Sophie, Karen and Haydn, we're back to Marilyn's first stint on the show (well, second technically, her first only lasted a few months in 1989), and I'm looking at the opening titles and going "My god, Ailsa looks young!"(So did Sally, of course, but I was expecting that.)I think this was a kind of high water mark for Adam, where someone realised he'd become a bit too much of a jerk, dumped a whole load of karma on him and had him become more likable, although in isolation he's actually quite fun here.I love the expressions on Adam, Blake and Haydn's face when they realise they're actually pranking Don, moving from "Oh cr..." to "Oh hang on, this could actually be quite fun..."And then Don's expression when he realises what's going on.It was obvious Michael gave Adam the wrong room but I can't remember if he knew it was Don's room or not...

I loved Marilyn being nice to Revhead and it almost working, while he just stomps around.For all his belligerence, Revhead almost turned out to be right about Nick: Julie did end up falling hard for him while he just saw her as a friend and getting hurt, but on the other hand it did result in her becoming more independent and going off to college, so I think the net result was positive.Marilyn saying she hopes Michael and Pippa have lots of babies definitely comes under the banner of Harsher in Hindsight or possibly Funny Aneurysm Moment.(Just one.And he dies.)

And Matt! Possibly the most forgotten Home and Away character ever, despite being there for 4 years.I had no idea he even existed until 2002, when he came back for a guest stint to a chorus of "Who's he?"

I notice there was still some odd editing around the breaks:It looks like someone has decided to chop off the Home and Away logo crashing in at the commercial breaks and cliffhanger, which is a bit odd since I thought Channel 5 showed them in 2012.

Well, back to the colour run on Monday!

Took a while to track her down to remember her character.She seemed an OK type of girl if a little naïve. I can kind of understand Revhead and her dad wanting to 'protect' her, but it may be why she took male friendships too seriously and read more into them than was actually there. Marilyn did indeed seem to making headway with Revhead by trying to explain Julie did need more independence to lean more about the world and have friends, both male and female.

So Maz, before that, to wish for Pippa and Michael to have lots of babies, of course not only does Pippa lose her boy she loses Michael.

Loved the boys together and their tricks on who they thought was Michael (and Pippa) and it turned out to be Don who definitely would have made things hard for Hayden and Blake. Michael, obviously, was wise to them long before.

It would have been nice to see Bobby again, looked like the days of her and Don being a dad and daughter.

Blake and Sophie had a very on-off romance. She had his baby at one point, while she was being a surrogate for Sally and Flynn, she was expecting twins, one hers and one Sally's. Sally's died but hers and Blake's survived. They did leave together and were supposed to get married, but didn't as Blake didn't turn up at the registry office. They both returned (separately) for Alf's 60th birthday, and got back together.

Why bother chopping it off? What harm does it do? Especially if they are putting a break there.

The only thing I can think of is that it was thought to clash with other channels' own ad bumpers.(I know ITV used to leave them off and freeze frame the end of the episode before the logo came in.)

Why bother chopping it off? What harm does it do? Especially if they are putting a break there.

The only thing I can think of is that it was thought to clash with other channels' own ad bumpers.(I know ITV used to leave them off and freeze frame the end of the episode before the logo came in.)

I think ITV just used to receive copies without the H&A logo over the scenes, as it's also missing from scenes prior to ad breaks (but nothing is cut music or scene wise).

Yes, those four weeks just flew by, such memories seeing how the characters have evolved, yet in some ways things are still the same, just like real life.

Back to normal this week with I've read some surprises coming up. Leah as we saw has come round much I would imagine to VJ's delight

and is home by the end of the week!

:rolleyes:

Archived