H&A Spring Break - From the Bay to LA

Psychic Wombat

Schedule now updated with the Ryan Kwanten episodes - the first 1997 episode is in fact his first episode as a regular, after his 3 ep guest stint earlier in the year.

The 1999 episode is a good one, I watched it again not too long back - we see Vinnie's compassionate side and we have the added bonus of Diana Fraser vs. Summer Bay at the caravan park auction.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was a surprise seeing Leah in a short skirt and did I see braces on her teeth or was that my eyes deceiving me? Hadn't Leah been dating Peter before Dan come along?

Lovely to see Morag and her and Colleen always did clash, though Morag clashed with everyone, especially her own family. Colleen did her usual running her down then realising she was standing behind her. What was it Henry had done that brought her to town?

The time honoured tradition of girl/boy pretending she/he doesn't like boy/girl was still going strong, this time with Kim and Kit. She was certainly a breath of fresh air.

I remember that episode between KIm and Barry, with Kim finding out his mum had tried to kill him, so emotive. Didn't Barry turn himself in in the end, would he still be inside, he and Irene did make quite a good couple. Bianca suffered from post natal psychosis as well though she didn't try and kill Rocco, she just thought he had died.

Ah yes Danni writing The Bosses memoirs, we all know how that ended up!

Leah did have braces during that period. The way I see it

Hyde (from what he told us) went berserk in trying to teach his wife a lesson as she drowned their previous kid and tried to murder baby Kim, His actions backfired, resulting in his sister helping dispose of the body.

Thanks for the info, Dan! A good mix of episodes for Vinnie.Haven't seen it since first broadcast but I was thinking about that 1999 episode the other day, with the caravan park auction:One of Justine's finest moments, unless I'm getting my characters confused.

I wasn't a big fan of Max but I can appreciate he was a decent enough character in the scheme of things. To lose him and gain Henry... Not. Worth. It.

He wasn't really a direct replacement since they crossed over by about nine months and I don't think anyone knew Max was going when Henry arrived (if there was a direct replacement it was probably Ric but that's a bit of a stretch)...but they definitely axed the wrong one.

Was a surprise seeing Leah in a short skirt and did I see braces on her teeth or was that my eyes deceiving me? Hadn't Leah been dating Peter before Dan come along?

What was it Henry had done that brought her to town?

Didn't Barry turn himself in in the end, would he still be inside,

Yes, Leah was wearing braces, no she hadn't dated Peter (it never really went past flirtation and a random kiss about two years later).Barry didn't quite turn himself in:Short version is Morag arranged for Peter and Jack to overhear him confessing.Charge was reduced to manslaughter, released on bail and disappeared off to the city:His sentence was never revealed despite Kim still being on the show long after, I like to think they were lenient towards him.Longer version of Henry's problems:After Rhys and Beth split up, Dalby/Ric and his mate Wazza wound Henry up and encouraged him to act out, including deliberately making a mess in the kiosk while Rhys was working there.Then Dalby and Wazza set fire to it during the night, Ric told the police Henry did it (mainly to try and claim the reward money) and he couldn't prove it wasn't him.

Today!

Hayley Mark 2! Shame we're at the point where she's taken leave of her senses and gone back to Scott.As I said in another thread not too long ago, as time goes on I'm left thinking it's a shame they went to all the trouble of recasting her just to do that to her, I'd rather Scott had left and she'd stayed.I remember Kim going down the self-destructive path with Kylie after losing both Hayley and baby Noah in short order.I believe that room Kylie pointed out where the hard core drug users were is the one Kim ends up in in the season finale.But then we get that moment of semi-redemption with Noah at the end, showing that, no matter how much he was trying not to, he still cared.

You can tell a finale's just around the corner when they're getting ready for VJ's birthday.I still find it hard to believe Dan actually managed to come back from that whole gambling storyline, he looks like his days are numbered here.(You've got Amanda coming across as morally correct when she was working with Evil Josh and seducing her ex-boyfriend's grandfather for his money at the time:You know you're in the wrong when that happens.)An early reference to Kelli, one of the big villains of 2006, and it seems Amanda didn't know Kelli hated her, I'm struggling to remember if they were initially on good terms when Kelli turned up or not.

Schedule now updated with the Ryan Kwanten episodes - the first 1997 episode is in fact his first episode as a regular, after his 3 ep guest stint earlier in the year.

The 1999 episode is a good one, I watched it again not too long back - we see Vinnie's compassionate side and we have the added bonus of Diana Fraser vs. Summer Bay at the caravan park auction.

The caravan park auction was one of those bittersweet stories/episodes for me, I was glad that Justine managed to outwit Diana, but it was the realisation that Pippa wasn't coming back. I remember being very confused that the furniture didn't change though as clearly Pippa didn't want any of her belongings or her much loved photos.

We pretty much knew Pippa weren't coming back when Ian rocked up a few months earlier to collect the kids and only Tiegan went (probably for the best as Sam and Justine still had so much to give before their departures the following the year).

An early reference to Kelli, one of the big villains of 2006, and it seems Amanda didn't know Kelli hated her, I'm struggling to remember if they were initially on good terms when Kelli turned up or not.

And I'm also struggling to remember what year Kelli appeared.It was 2007, wasn't it?Yeah. Wow, that's a really early mention then.

Yes! Both great episodes. Looking forward to those

wow late 2005, a gripping time for the show with Kim on drugs, Dans gambling addiction and Flynn's cancer. Would love if the whole season was repeated, shame 5* stopped the reruns a couple of years ago. Lovely scene in tonights ep with Kim and baby Noah, we dont get scenes like that these days and the characters were better back then too.

I guess I'm one of those people that takes things for granted, certainly during my time here. And I post fairly frequently and don't ever think about how much effort and spare time goes into running the main website and the forum and constantly providing updates. And I appreciate that you and Chris had no obligation to do this (or any other updates) but are doing so purely for the benefit of the UK viewers for something that is only going to last a month anyway so thank you for that and all the other updates.

An early reference to Kelli, one of the big villains of 2006, and it seems Amanda didn't know Kelli hated her, I'm struggling to remember if they were initially on good terms when Kelli turned up or not.

And I'm also struggling to remember what year Kelli appeared.It was 2007, wasn't it?Yeah. Wow, that's a really early mention then.

Twas 2007. After Kelli arranged for her own niece to be kidnapped just to put Amanda through hell they were talking and Amanda mentioned that they spoke on the phone (so were still in each others lives) but hadn't seen each other in 13 years. So you can make of that what you will. I guess I would say that they weren't close but if they spoke there's no way she would be able to tell what Keli thought of her. Keli pretended to want to be in her life and rebuild their relationship but I think Kitty found out what she was up to so Ethan paid her off and Kitty promptly left Summer Bay. Shortly afterwards she got Ethan to ruin her wedding. I absolutely loved Amanda, I really did but that moment when Ethan turned up celebrating just after she tied the knot was a master stroke and pure genius. I will never ever forget the look of horror on Amanda's face. It was brilliant! Amanda was completely obvious throughout the whole thing until right up to the point when things came to a head. If it was me personally and I had a sibling who I didn't really contact very often and they turned up out of the blue, I would be extremely suspicious of their motives.

So we got to see another side of Amanda. The caring side. Seeing her worry when her son was kidnapped. It's funny when I see Amanda with Ryan all the time, it reminded me a bit of Charity and Noah from Emmerdale except that Amanda is a million times the person Charity is. I wasn't party to the episodes previously and although I knew about the gambling it's very interesting seeing this side to Dan, especially seeing him lie and being caught out by Leah. It's felt like this week has given us so many teasers. So many storylines that I would like to see the continuation of.

So Kim with another hot girl. How many of these girls has he actually made the first move on? And how many have decided to make a move on him because of his good looks? Some people have things so easy sometimes...

Archived