H&A Spring Break - From the Bay to LA

Psychic Wombat

Jealous jealous JEALOUS!!! I've been trying so hard to drag myself out of the past (avatar not withstanding) but I can tell I'm going to want to live in this thread all week. Such a fantastic, magical era. It literally defined 3 to 4 years of my life. I still have dreams about it. And then I wake up and realise that Robbie and Kim are never coming back, and then I'm sad :(

I came across a video on youtube a while ago that had a clip of Robbie and Kim waking up in bed together. I have no memory of this storyline. I can only assume it was meant to be a comedy moment and nothing more?

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jealous jealous JEALOUS!!! I've been trying so hard to drag myself out of the past (avatar not withstanding) but I can tell I'm going to want to live in this thread all week. Such a fantastic, magical era. It literally defined 3 to 4 years of my life. I still have dreams about it. And then I wake up and realise that Robbie and Kim are never coming back, and then I'm sad :(

I came across a video on youtube a while ago that had a clip of Robbie and Kim waking up in bed together. I have no memory of this storyline. I can only assume it was meant to be a comedy moment and nothing more?

Haha, you've come to the right person with this question :D

The story goes that Robbie had booked a romantic getaway for him and Tash, but something came up at the last minute and she couldn't go. Kim had just had a messy breakup with Hayley, and Robbie decided to take Kim instead to give him a break away and cheer him up. What Robbie didn't realise was that it was a nudist resort (he thought it was just a "nature" thing, which he thought Tash would like), and because he'd made the booking for himself and Tash, it was a room with a double bed, and they couldn't change it. Kim was not impressed with any of this, but Robbie was determined that they should make the best of it, so the only solution was to get as drunk as possible. This apparently led to a mutual black-out, and yes, waking up together. Robbie claims that he started out on the couch (he'd given Kim the bed as a peace offering) but couldn't get comfortable. Kim seemed to remember nothing and did not want to. Make of that what you will. I know what I made of it :)

For more information, refer to my fic, (warning: you must be over 18!) :P

Haha, you've come to the right person with this question :D

The story goes that Robbie had booked a romantic getaway for him and Tash, but something came up at the last minute and she couldn't go. Kim had just had a messy breakup with Hayley, and Robbie decided to take Kim instead to give him a break away and cheer him up. What Robbie didn't realise was that it was a nudist resort (he thought it was just a "nature" thing, which he thought Tash would like), and because he'd made the booking for himself and Tash, it was a room with a double bed, and they couldn't change it. Kim was not impressed with any of this, but Robbie was determined that they should make the best of it, so the only solution was to get as drunk as possible. This apparently led to a mutual black-out, and yes, waking up together. Robbie claims that he started out on the couch (he'd given Kim the bed as a peace offering) but couldn't get comfortable. Kim seemed to remember nothing and did not want to. Make of that what you will. I know what I made of it :)

For more information, refer to my fic, (warning: you must be over 18!) :P

That's strange, I swear I remember seeing that apparently deleted scene and hearing Jason's views on it....though it's somewhat...ahem....sketchy...

Anyway, today.And wow.That was a good episode to choose because that scene between Barry and Kim is one of the most powerful in Home and Away history, and Ivar and Chris both hit it out of the park.A stark look at the dark secret Barry's been carrying around with him for years and the final release of Kim's quasi-forgiveness as he concludes his father's suffered enough.(Of course, the police turned up when it was time for him to leave anyway...)It really doesn't get any better than that and it's just two actors sitting on the floor.

That was amazing. I had forgotten about that whole storyline and it was a good choice for a Kim based episode. I loved the grey area in terms of the morality of the situation, how we as the audience could sympathise with Barry and yet, still accept that he was responsible for ending someone's life and that was wrong. It was refreshing contrast to the H&A where murder is treated so flippantly even cold-blooded murder.

It is funny, I have always had found memories of Beth, but she has been on her high horse in every episode this week!

That's strange, I swear I remember seeing that apparently deleted scene and hearing Jason's views on it....though it's somewhat...ahem....sketchy...

Either I've broken your brain or you've been holding out on me!

Are you remembering the morning after, where Robbie decided to throw caution (and his clothes) to the wind and go nude for the sole purpose of Kim's amusement? (Not even making that up!!)

Either I've broken your brain....

Well that's very possible, but I'm referring to a drawing that was created :P

Either I've broken your brain....

Well that's very possible, but I'm referring to a drawing that was created :P

lol oh. I understand completely :P

Was a surprise seeing Leah in a short skirt and did I see braces on her teeth or was that my eyes deceiving me? Hadn't Leah been dating Peter before Dan come along?

Lovely to see Morag and her and Colleen always did clash, though Morag clashed with everyone, especially her own family. Colleen did her usual running her down then realising she was standing behind her. What was it Henry had done that brought her to town?

The time honoured tradition of girl/boy pretending she/he doesn't like boy/girl was still going strong, this time with Kim and Kit. She was certainly a breath of fresh air.

I remember that episode between KIm and Barry, with Kim finding out his mum had tried to kill him, so emotive. Didn't Barry turn himself in in the end, would he still be inside, he and Irene did make quite a good couple. Bianca suffered from post natal psychosis as well though she didn't try and kill Rocco, she just thought he had died.

Ah yes Danni writing The Bosses memoirs, we all know how that ended up!

Archived