1992 Episode Discussion

Dan F

I can only guess Frank and Roo's theme was more memorable and Mike Perjanik wanted to use it again as fans would remember it (it was used throughout 1988 up until Frank's departure in 1989, whereas Frank and Bobby's song was only used for a short period).

Up to date on this last week.Michael frustrates me massively and there are times when I really dislike it but in a way it's rather realistic that he doesn't automatically do the right thing and can take time getting there.Having him spend an episode acting like a neanderthal alpha male, then apologise to Sophie once he's calmed down, is probably the way most fathers would react.I do find it odd the way things sometimes go from being secret to not being secret.Once the Rosses and Stewarts know about Sophie's pregnancy, suddenly the likes of Lou and Marilyn are acting like they all watch Home and Away and know what's going on, which leaves me wondering who exactly told them.

The conclusion of the Josh storyline was just weird.The way they left it, you're expecting him to turn up again in a few episodes' time and have another go, but as far as I'm aware he never does.Did he run off with Matt?!

Frank's return is seriously frustrating, maybe I'm remembering him wrong but it feels like his arrogance has been turned up to eleven and he's just being written as the visitor getting in the way of the established couple.No wonder the whole storyline seemed to get erased from the show's consciousness, I'll give that a clearer think once it's over.Marilyn complaining about Bobby getting more boyfriends than her when she looks nicer seemed uncharacteristically catty.(And made her curiously reminiscent of a much younger Mavis Wilton from Coronation Street.Maybe someone had been watching some tapes.)

When that guy popped up asking to buy Donald's house so he could move his daughter in next door to him, I thought at first that it seemed a very strange thing to do and wondered if he thought it was one of those soaps where if you leave home you stay on the same street(Neighbours, Coronation Street).The fact I managed to mishear his surname as Bannerman didn't help.Then he mentioned Megan and I thought "Ohhh...."Gonna have to check how many episodes it is until that storyline.

I actually clapped when Ailsa had a go at Frank-he totally deserved that.

And I didn't like the way Alf fired Marilyn just because she came up a business venture-but glad they sorted things out even though he gave her job to Lou.

I remember an interview with Emily Symons on a British TV show, where she said that there was a bit of a problem between her and one of the cast or crew members in the early 90's. And the person ended up being fired because of it. Emily decided to leave shortly afterwards. It may not have had anything to do with the reason she decided to leave, but I've always wondered about that one. The presenter of the show tried to get her to spill the beans but she didn't elaborate on it.

Was that when she was returning to the show? I remember her appearing on Live and Kicking or some such show talking about her return, which was obviously before she'd started filming as it seemed to be about a year and a half before she appeared on screen. I remember wondering if I'd dreamt it until she appeared in the titles one day.

I remember an interview with Emily Symons on a British TV show, where she said that there was a bit of a problem between her and one of the cast or crew members in the early 90's. And the person ended up being fired because of it. Emily decided to leave shortly afterwards. It may not have had anything to do with the reason she decided to leave, but I've always wondered about that one. The presenter of the show tried to get her to spill the beans but she didn't elaborate on it.

I have a feeling it might have been Greg Benson or Dee Smart for me. However I think it was probably Benson. It explains a lot.

^I don't know, but it was hinted that she was getting unwanted attention from whoever it was. I saw the interview about ten years ago so it's very vague, but I was under the impression, from what she said, that it was 'romantic attention'.

Was that when she was returning to the show? I remember her appearing on Live and Kicking or some such show talking about her return, which was obviously before she'd started filming as it seemed to be about a year and a half before she appeared on screen. I remember wondering if I'd dreamt it until she appeared in the titles one day.

It was in the early 2000's, after she'd left 'for good'. I'm thinking 2001. As far as I can remember it was on an afternoon panel show like 'The View'.

Archived