1992 Episode Discussion

Dan F

I wonder why they decided to invent a never-mentioned-before sister for Donald when they introduced David and Lucinda in 1991, when they had previously mentioned that he has a brother who is yet to be introduced.

Given that the writers seemed to have forgotten Don's brother by the middle of 1988, I doubt he was still on their radar by this point.On a more practical level, it might have been harder to do a storyline about a niece and nephew Don hadn't seen since they were small and who had a history with their parents he wasn't aware of if their dad had been living in Summer Bay just three years earlier.

Things that happened in 1992

• Bill Clinton is elected president of the USA.

Gosh, is that really that long ago?Guess the fact he stuck around into the 21st century makes him seem fairly modern.John Major led the Conservatives to win the UK General Election that year too.That seems a long time ago...

Looking at the credits section- Unlike 1991 there will be only 1 update in the 1992 titles

Simon,Maz and Lou leaving with Shane and Damien being added.

I think.

The first update (presumably in 1056) sees

Maz and Simon taken off, with Shane and Damian added.

The 2nd update removes

Lou, with Nick getting a new solo shot.

Though technically there's another small change sometime between 970 and 1030 when the purple shape on the shot of the kayakers changes :P

Have those '92 updates ready to go in the credits centre when I can confirm episode numbers of the changes.

Can someone please punch Frank?? He's caused nothing but trouble ever since he came back. I wish Greg would have hit him but he's too decent a person to do that. And I'm not too thrilled with Bobby either, throwing away a great relationship with Greg for some ex-husband who treated her really badly.

Well Bobby is blind still

Josh is dumb (then again so is Blake and Adam for falling for his scheme)

Lou showed that she is quite clever sometimes (well more than the rest of summer bay)

Lou is growing on me, she's figured out Sophie, she's the only one who's put two and two together.

I don't like that Frank and Roo's theme was used in a recap where Bobby and Frank meet at the beach. This theme is not about this couple. There was Frank and Bobby theme "when best friends fall in love" but still I think they should have played Bobby's theme in that scene like in the 1991 finale.

Archived