1993 Episode Discussion

Dan F

More confirmation of Fin being a glorified extra, she had NO lines whatsoever in ep 1282!

Actually, she has two lines in her first scene.But I take the point that she was just there to use up her episodes.I did like her big sister scenes with Sally though.

At least Fin has now got rid of her dreadful heavy fringe...

Alas Fringe-lay (as I've seen her called) is no more. She looks much more mature now!

Made it up to 1290.I'm really not sure about this Bobby and Greg thing.It's hard to shake the feeling that Bobby's making the effort at least partly to please other people, especially Sam.And Greg's done a pretty good job of showing she really shouldn't take him back by reverting to being an arrogant slimeball the moment he thought he'd got what he wanted.

Incidentally, believe it or not I saw an early 1994 episode a while back and Adam

is back on the money-making schemes by that point!

It kind of feels like we're in the year of the stodgy parental figures.Don has suddenly decided to make Angel homeless for the heinous crime of having a boyfriend (his justification that she lied to him doesn't really hold water, since Shane and Angel tried to be upfront about it in the first place and he still threatened to kick her out):The fact that the other adults, bar Nick, seem fine with that is slightly worrying.And Pippa comes down hard on Sally for...nothing at all, really.Sure, Sally's taking advice from all the wrong people, and Fin's doing a good big sister act in trying to talk some sense into her, but all Pippa's seen is her dying her hair black.Which becomes slightly hilarious in hindsight when you recall Sally dyes her hair black around 2002 and no-one bats an eyelid.

Luke and Roxy end with a whimper, and the beginning of Tug having trouble at school, which I think possibly becomes more significant later on.I also continue to be surprised at the amount of interaction Sally and Angel have, I do not remember any of it...

Pippa's far too soft on Sally. This whole "let her make her own mistakes" can blow up in her face. What if something really did happen at the party? Something bad? I like Michael's approach better, he won't take any crap from the kids. And the way Sally spoke to them! I really hope

Bobby's death

will put a stop to Sally's attitude. And Craig isn't even worth it all. :/

That was the last of Adam's money-making schemes because hes got his eye on the dreaded boat. Now, I never saw the episodes that lead up to you-know-what because I was in hospital at the time having my tonsils taken out (was only Sally's age back then) so its been really interesting to watch.

And they remembered Angel wants to be a writer! ;p

Made it up to 1290.I'm really not sure about this Bobby and Greg thing.It's hard to shake the feeling that Bobby's making the effort at least partly to please other people, especially Sam.And Greg's done a pretty good job of showing she really shouldn't take him back by reverting to being an arrogant slimeball the moment he thought he'd got what he wanted.

Incidentally, believe it or not I saw an early 1994 episode a while back and Adam

is back on the money-making schemes by that point!

It kind of feels like we're in the year of the stodgy parental figures.Don has suddenly decided to make Angel homeless for the heinous crime of having a boyfriend (his justification that she lied to him doesn't really hold water, since Shane and Angel tried to be upfront about it in the first place and he still threatened to kick her out):The fact that the other adults, bar Nick, seem fine with that is slightly worrying.And Pippa comes down hard on Sally for...nothing at all, really.Sure, Sally's taking advice from all the wrong people, and Fin's doing a good big sister act in trying to talk some sense into her, but all Pippa's seen is her dying her hair black.Which becomes slightly hilarious in hindsight when you recall Sally dyes her hair black around 2002 and no-one bats an eyelid.

Well, a lot changes between 14 and 23.

It kind of feels like we're in the year of the stodgy parental figures.Don has suddenly decided to make Angel homeless for the heinous crime of having a boyfriend (his justification that she lied to him doesn't really hold water, since Shane and Angel tried to be upfront about it in the first place and he still threatened to kick her out):The fact that the other adults, bar Nick, seem fine with that is slightly worrying.

I was hoping that when the doctor said that both Angel and Shane had to be confined to bed, Nick would chip in 'separately?' just to wind up Don...

^Really?Maybe it's the fact I've seen these episodes before and that we're not that far off the era where I started watching, but I don't really think anything of it.I was aware that they crossed over

and I clearly remember Angel being in one of Bobby's last scenes (she may even be one of the last people to speak to her).

.I also continue to be surprised at the amount of interaction Sally and Angel have, I do not remember any of it...

Make the most of it because - probably the reason you don't remember it - Angel and Sally become ghosts to each other before long. It almost becomes a running joke that when Angel's in an episode, Sally isn't, and vice versa. Apart from Angel's wedding (and they didn't even talk to each other then) I can't remember them saying two words to each other after 1994.

Its quite clear to me that Don cares about Angel. I hope she doesn't leave the house because I like her relationship with Fisher. And he bought her a teddy bear aww :P

And aren't Shane and Angel adorable? I think they are my favourite couple now.

Now that Bobby and Greg are reunited, the you-know-what isn't too far behind. We probably won't get that episode until after the Tennis.

Archived