1993 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Caught up on the last four episodes.Discussion on here is slightly premature, since Bobby isn't actually dead, but okay, let's not pretend we don't know where the storyline's going.Nicolle obviously wanted to leave and was happy to be killed off.It provided a decent dramatic storyline at the time and a more memorable exit for Bobby than if she'd just driven off somewhere.I'm not sure if she'd have come back permanently if she hadn't been killed off.I think she'd probably have done guest appearances, I seem to remember when Pippa, Frank, Carly and Steven all came back in 2000 there was regret that Bobby couldn't come back too, but I guess you have to ask whether another dozen or so episodes of Bobby further down the track would be worth losing this storyline.(And wow at that article, Dan, even more so since I'm sure I read it circa 1994.Was it in Woman's Own?I remember the days when they always used to have a soap story on the front and were the biggest source of Home and Away spoilers...)

Incidentally, while it's fairly well known that Sally isn't at Bobby's funeral, she

is in the funeral episode, so we do get some reaction from her.In fact, I think we've got some of her most memorable scenes of the year coming up.

It's curious what people remember: My reaction to Bobby and Greg's hope spot prior to it all going to hell was to remember Tom and Pippa, and the way the episode before he died had them all loved up and looking forward to putting the spark back in their marriage.I see that, apart from that one moment at the hospital, Tug seems to have snapped back to being fairly civil to Greg.

It was slightly annoying that Shane had to apologise to Don, but I think it did contribute to his change of heart so mission accomplished.Nick's inconsistent attitude was slightly frustrating but then a lot of characters seemed inconsistent, with Ailsa veering between trying to get Don to trust Angel and "She's brought it on herself."To be honest, even though the reveal's only a few months away, I suspect the writers of the time had no idea that

Angel's a mother

The whole thing never seemed to be thought through that well, it makes her comments here seem pretty strange without an awful lot of subtext and it'll be interesting to watch it all and see just how much of a crowbar is needed to force all the facts about her past together.(See also the fact that the multiple siblings Nick mentioned when he first appeared seem to have been reduced to him and Shane being the whole family.)

I didn't realise Kevin was going to appear this week until Roxy and Sarah started off on their trek, although I guess there's not that much of 1993 left so it had to be soon.

One of the many forgotten Ross foster children of the 90s.

As with Laura, although I remember the character I have no idea how his storyline ends, so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

(And wow at that article, Dan, even more so since I'm sure I read it circa 1994.Was it in Woman's Own?I remember the days when they always used to have a soap story on the front and were the biggest source of Home and Away spoilers...)

Gosh that takes me back, I remember seeing H&A on the front of my grandma's Woman's Own quite frequently now you mention it.

This particular one was Inside Soap, got the TV Times version too but this one was more relevant to the questions people were asking in the thread. The other side of the page was talking about Annie Sugden still being in a coma after the Emmerdale plane crash (Dec '93), which puts a bit of a perspective on the UK timeframe :P

I'll try to post a few more in the future when the storylines approach.

I wonder if Mat Stevenson copped any abuse off the public (The kind of fans who can't tell real from make-believe) for this storyline...

He actually said himself that, surprisingly, he didn't get any abuse at all. The worst he got was two blokes shouting "Bobby Killer" at him at a set of traffic lights. There were lots of claims about him becoming the most hated man in Australia in the press, but they weren't true.

Ah, Inside Soap, okay.I did used to read that in the newsagents on my way home from school; I thought it was a bit after this I started but thinking about it, it can't have been going from what school I was at.I can remember a Woman's Own cover of Bobby and Adam with a tagline saying "Adam kills Bobby!" or words to that effect.

im a bit surprised on how little we have seen pippa. I mean I know we have seen her at the hospital but today we see Michael go and see bobby and not even the sight of Pippa. Shouldnt she have gone, i mean she was her foster mother and has seen her grown up. Also I thought sally should be more upset than what she is showing. Bobby was basically like an older sister. I guess she is to caught up with her new friends.

We have seen Tug more upset and he has actually visited her and he has only known her for around a year.

(And wow at that article, Dan, even more so since I'm sure I read it circa 1994.Was it in Woman's Own?I remember the days when they always used to have a soap story on the front and were the biggest source of Home and Away spoilers...)

Gosh that takes me back, I remember seeing H&A on the front of my grandma's Woman's Own quite frequently now you mention it.

This particular one was Inside Soap, got the TV Times version too but this one was more relevant to the questions people were asking in the thread. The other side of the page was talking about Annie Sugden still being in a coma after the Emmerdale plane crash (Dec '93), which puts a bit of a perspective on the UK timeframe :P

I'll try to post a few more in the future when the storylines approach.

I wonder if Mat Stevenson copped any abuse off the public (The kind of fans who can't tell real from make-believe) for this storyline...

He actually said himself that, surprisingly, he didn't get any abuse at all. The worst he got was two blokes shouting "Bobby Killer" at him at a set of traffic lights. There were lots of claims about him becoming the most hated man in Australia in the press, but they weren't true.

Is it weird I'm picturing it as a drive-by insult ala Family Guy?

Where is Pippa?? And Michael hasn't been much support either. Neither has anyone else in that family either. Sally is too busy being selfish...

My stomach turned when Greg and Bobby are all happy and Greg playing with Duncan.

Pippa hasn't been to the hospital once, Ailsa has been more supportive and Tug. And I found the story about Roxy and Sarah being trapped with their car very pointless.

I've managed to catch up on all episodes to date.

Archived