1993 Episode Discussion

Dan F

At this point I'm convinced that they made Tina sign a two year contract in the middle of 1992 when she was proving to be quite decent in the role and now everyone else in her age range as gone they cannot afford to exit her contract

Since they must have axed Ross at this point as well and that might have cost them some money as well

Ross?

Ross Newton who played Greg.

Why didn't they axe Sam so he could leave Summer Bay with Greg?

At this point I'm convinced that they made Tina sign a two year contract in the middle of 1992 when she was proving to be quite decent in the role and now everyone else in her age range as gone they cannot afford to exit her contract

Since they must have axed Ross at this point as well and that might have cost them some money as well

Ross?

They probably kept him because he had a good connection to Donald (nice rapport between the actors too), they wanted to keep a character in that age group and he was a pretty likeable character and fit in well.

They kept Sam because he was cute and viewers loved him - simple!

With Sally entering the awkward teenager phase, he was filling the role she originally had on the show.

I'm also sad to see Laura go. I like that she decided to go and see her family, though it was all rather sudden. Nothing actually happened to convince her. Damian had been going on about it long enough, and then one chat with Pippa and she's off? Would have liked to see more of a catalyst for her change in character, but nice to see her get a happyish ending anyway.

I have a theory they were testing Laura to be a new main character but decided to bring Irene back instead. In a way they would have had similar story arcs, trying to integrate with the community and better themselves.

Another enjoyable week. But I have to say that I do find Roxy and Luke's relationship quite tedious. There's just something about the way they are written that bores me. Probably because those type of storylines are and have always been the least enjoyable (one of the reasons why I don't watch the current show).

However, I do enjoy watching the early days of Shane and Angel's relationship, but they're great characters in their own right so I care about them.

I'm with you guys re. Laura, she had a lot of potential (these guest characters often do) but I'm glad she left on an upbeat note. I wonder whether we'll get an update via Damo at some point, or if that's the last we hear of her.

Ross?

You know that would have made more sense!

Yeah I think its a pity with Laura as well.

Its now really scary how close we are to

Bobby dying

I doubt 7Two or any of us thought we would reach that far. To put it in context

Shannon and Curtis are only 1 year away and Selina is even less!!

I think the PTB from 7Two reads these forums and realize how popular the Early Years actually is :P

Archived