1993 Episode Discussion

Dan F

More confirmation of Fin being a glorified extra, she had NO lines whatsoever in ep 1282!

Actually, she has two lines in her first scene.But I take the point that she was just there to use up her episodes.I did like her big sister scenes with Sally though.

Made it up to 1285 and continuing that point, I think this is the first time I've noticed episode counts and felt they're not helping the show:We get two Luke and Roxy heavy episodes at the start of the week, then they disappear and will presumably be in the same position when we next see them, which makes it seem like the storyline's dragging.

I remember the first time I saw these episodes thinking that Tug's anti-Greg attitude came out of nowhere and...yeah, it does.He was perfectly friendly towards Greg when he was living at the beach house, now that he's moved out he's suddenly ranting at him at every opportunity.Guess Tug is loyal to whoever's making his breakfast at the time?Mind you, given his sharp decline into pathetic loser thereafter, Greg pretty much deserved it, although he seems to have found some clean clothes since then.

Adam finding an expensive coin and then trying to bribe Sam into giving it back to him...Seriously, if you think Adam's a pointless character, ask yourself who else could carry a storyline like that and get the audience smiling.

That was a rather abrupt departure for Laura.Maybe she'll take advice better from someone who's been in the same position as her than a teenage boy?It's hard to judge since we know in advance who's going to be a regular and who's going to be gone in a few weeks, but Laura always felt like a temporary character to me.It did seem a bit like her character arc was suddenly shunted off screen though.

Shane and Angel still chafing against Don's restrictive regime.A saving throw from Shane (I'd have been wondering for years how that bra got into Shane's room if I hadn't mostly forgotten the storyline) but it seems like half the town are on to them.

but Laura always felt like a temporary character to me.

For the most part yes. There was just something about her gradual integration with the Bay (starting a business partnership with Alf, and slowly getting to know Pippa and Michael), that felt like it was going somewhere.

Chafing? Restrictive? There's dirty jokes to be made out of those words in but I won't as this is a FAMILY forum... :wink:

Anyhooo... Greg's quick decline reminded me of one of those early Simpsons eps where Homer is kicked out for a marital error! :D

Tug was always on Team Bobby as she went to bat for him.

^I think the point RR was making was that when Bobby took Sam and moved out, Tug and Greg lived together perfectly fine. Once Bobby moved back in and Greg left, suddenly Tug was all anti-Greg.

Of course Tug would be loyal to Bobby. She's always been there for him when no one else was. Will be looking forward to his reaction when

Bobby dies

Another enjoyable week. But I have to say that I do find Roxy and Luke's relationship quite tedious. There's just something about the way they are written that bores me.

Yes, Luke's cheesy 'your chariot awaits, madam' comments and similar fuddy-duddy language just make him look sad, when I think the idea of his casting was to make him the town stud.

^I think the point RR was making was that when Bobby took Sam and moved out, Tug and Greg lived together perfectly fine. Once Bobby moved back in and Greg left, suddenly Tug was all anti-Greg.

Of course Tug would be loyal to Bobby. She's always been there for him when no one else was.

But he wasn't when he was living alone with Greg and Adam! That's the point lol.

More confirmation of Fin being a glorified extra, she had NO lines whatsoever in ep 1282!

Actually, she has two lines in her first scene.But I take the point that she was just there to use up her episodes.I did like her big sister scenes with Sally though.

At least Fin has now got rid of her dreadful heavy fringe...

Archived