1993 Episode Discussion

Dan F

you know only knowing snippets of what happened before the early years came along I thought that Greg was the evil monster and Bobby was the victim in everything and her response was reasonable.

HOWEVER despite Greg being an idiot and cheating on Bobby I cannot help but feel sorry for Him and not Bobby! Bobby was hurt I grant you but using Sam like this is not wise and downright nasty

I just wonder if this is the catalyst for sam's bad behaviour down the line and Bobby death and Greg's departure just made it worse!!

Strangely I will be sorry to lose Greg as well as Bobby as I don't think he was AS bad of a character that many people thought he was. He will never win any acting awards thats for sure but time has never looked favourably at him. Its a pity if he was axed after Nicolle quit because they could have done a lot with the character! And lets be honest he couldn't be worse than Roxy and Luke moving in surely!!!

Talking of pointless characters has Nick done anything recently???

you know only knowing snippets of what happened before the early years came along I thought that Greg was the evil monster and Bobby was the victim in everything and her response was reasonable.

HOWEVER despite Greg being an idiot and cheating on Bobby I cannot help but feel sorry for Him and not Bobby! Bobby was hurt I grant you but using Sam like this is not wise and downright nasty

I just wonder if this is the catalyst for sam's bad behaviour down the line and Bobby death and Greg's departure just made it worse!!

Strangely I will be sorry to lose Greg as well as Bobby as I don't think he was AS bad of a character that many people thought he was. He will never win any acting awards thats for sure but time has never looked favourably at him. Its a pity if he was axed after Nicolle quit because they could have done a lot with the character! And lets be honest he couldn't be worse than Roxy and Luke moving in surely!!!

Adam is the most pointless character!

He has stayed far too long!.

I am in two minds about the whole Greg-Bobby thing. I don't think that Bobby is right to not allow Greg to see him, but on the other hand, as Blaxland said, Greg was doing everything that he could to pass Sam off to so done else so that he could go and see Fiona. Also, how dare anyone tell Bobby that she should give Greg another chance, especially Nick, when he wouldn't give Lucinda another chance (and she only cheated on him once, IIRC, and felt more remorse than Greg)? What a hypocritr. Besides which, I knew that he wouldn't tell Bobby, whehn he should have, having been at the receiving end himself.

I thought that the Bill story line was done well. Does anyone know whether the actor is mentally disabled?

I love the Laura story line. You can tell that under that rough exterior is a kind woman who has been struggling for years, poor thing.

Adam is the most pointless character!

He has stayed far too long!.

Adam sure is. All he does is give really bad dating advice. I miss his schemes and his " trust me" catch phrase.

Nick is also very pointless these days.

As a first time viewer of Angle and Shane as a couple I now get why everyone loves them, apart from having so much chemistry and having things in common they go really well together.

As for the Bobby and Grey thing, Grey was a idiot who not only cheated and had an affair but I do think Bobby was unreadable to Sam though because he deserved to have both his parents be there for him and so even if Bobby didn't want Grey Back they could of at least been friends or something and spent time with Sam together.

Also Grey hasn't won father of the year and he was never going too.

I don't feel sorry for Greg tbh and I completely understand why Bobby is keeping Sam from him. But I don't think it's fair on Sam and she shouldn't be using him like that. Sam should be able to spend time with Greg if he wants to.

I don't think Adam is pointless, I always look forward to his scenes. The writers have just given him a bit of downtime it seems.

Really liked the Bill storyline too. I really liked the conclusion to the storyline and his exit was one of those classic Home and Away send offs. Poignant.

I am in two minds about the whole Greg-Bobby thing. I don't think that Bobby is right to not allow Greg to see him, but on the other hand, as Blaxland said, Greg was doing everything that he could to pass Sam off to so done else so that he could go and see Fiona. Also, how dare anyone tell Bobby that she should give Greg another chance, especially Nick, when he wouldn't give Lucinda another chance (and she only cheated on him once, IIRC, and felt more remorse than Greg)? What a hypocritr. Besides which, I knew that he wouldn't tell Bobby, whehn he should have, having been at the receiving end himself.

I thought that the Bill story line was done well. Does anyone know whether the actor is mentally disabled?

I love the Laura story line. You can tell that under that rough exterior is a kind woman who has been struggling for years, poor thing.

I don't think Craig Beamer is mentally disabled.

Really liked the Bill storyline too. I really liked the conclusion to the storyline and his exit was one of those classic Home and Away send offs. Poignant.

I agree, but it was also a typical (in a less good way) Home and Away storyline in that the writers were like "Ok, we've done our bit. We've had a character who is intellectually disabled. Write him out now".

How convenient that just as Luke decided that Bill could stay permanently, Bill decided to leave. Lucky for the writers, eh? ;) Otherwise they might have been stuck with a character for more than a fad.

That's not to say the storyline wasn't good though. It was a surprising highlight of the year. And it wasn't even mentioned in BTTB's list of 1993 highlights!

I agree, but it was also a typical (in a less good way) Home and Away storyline in that the writers were like "Ok, we've done our bit. We've had a character who is intellectually disabled. Write him out now".

How convenient that just as Luke decided that Bill could stay permanently, Bill decided to leave. Lucky for the writers, eh? ;) Otherwise they might have been stuck with a character for more than a fad.

Yeah, perhaps it's a cynical way of looking at it but I agree. They missed a good opportunity to keep a well written character in the show and give Luke more meaning and depth. I wonder how well he was received back in 1993. It reminds me of another character, who's name also began with 'B' - who was introduced in the recent past and he was really popular, but the writers didn't seem to think he was worth keeping on a more permanent basis.

Archived