1993 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Greg says he just "has to do it". That makes him as guilty as sin. I still think it's unfair to put Fiona in the doghouse over it, when it is Greg that is offering himself to her all the time. Fiona tried to talk her way out of it even!

If Michael had locked the door at night then Bill would have never come in at night.

It is an easy thing to forget to do.. !!

Why do they "forget" to lock the door? Is it to make it easier for the script producers to write stories involving intruders in the house?

As for Bill's "innocent" intrusion, I'm sorry if I sound like I am playing devil's advocate here but didn't anyone ever teach him not to go sneaking around other people's houses in the middle of the night? It's basic commonsense, no?

Made it up to 1260.So, it turns out some one episode guest character vandalised the surf club.I'm left wondering what on earth that was all about.We didn't get the necessary climb downs from anyone over accusing Adam (well, Nick had the decency to apologise but no-one else did) and the only point that I can see is that it was about Shane's redemption.It was interesting that Shane and Sally, the two people that dropped Adam in it in the first place, were the only ones willing to fight his corner, everyone else, except maybe Damian, just assumed he was guilty.Michael and Pippa did take Shane in when Nick and Lou split up so it's believable he'd be fond of them.It really wasn't a good week for Michael: He was still being pretty objectionable about Adam after learning the truth and may have been better off just taking the compensation money instead of pressing charges.I actually thought the way he spoke to Bill was reasonably fair and Bill did need to understand that he can't wander into other people's houses in the middle of the night because he wanted something nice to look at, but he crossed a line by effectively banning Fin from seeing him, she's old enough to choose her own friends.

I feel a bit of sympathy for Tug but mostly I'm wishing he'd just take a hint.Sarah's been uncertain about him for a long time and no amount of begging is going to change the fact she just isn't into him.I thought he might get the message when he saw her having fun with Roxy but no, he went ahead with the letter, which was heartfelt but rather pointless if she doesn't feel the same way.

I'm really not sure how I feel about Greg and Fiona.A part of me quite likes them together, and the fact there's romantic music playing over their scenes seems like a bit of a mixed message, but then Greg acts like a worm around Bobby and Nick and seems to want to have his cake and eat it.It is nice to see Nick having some fairly meaningful interaction with the likes of Greg, Bobby and Roxy though.

And oh yes, Shane cementing his place on the good guy team by showing a decent amount of remorse over his actions and coming to Adam's rescue.It really is interesting watching Angel who, for all her bluster, seems genuinely disappointed by what Shane did and may even be trying to steer him in the right direction.Was there actually a smile on her face when she found out he'd apologised to Tug?

Do we get the Early Years during the Christmas break?

Still listed up to 12th December at the moment (listings not yet available for after that). If it does end up going on a break I've no doubt it will be posted in here hastily :wink:

Made it up to 1265.Greg and Fiona survive a couple of near misses and things remain secret for now.It's curious but I don't quite remember how this ended, so I'm interested to see it play out.It's hard to imagine a happy ending.

Michael and Luke are slowly clawing there way back with Bill and Michael made some good points.I think it's less a case of them being right to have been concerned and more a case that this is something Bill was going to experience sooner or later so it might as well be now.

Tug is demonstrating that, whatever the flashpoint, Sarah was right to get out of the relationship, his possessive attitude does not bode well for the possibility of a happy relationship.Shane and Angel do almost seem to get on when they forget that they hate each other.Even though he went about it in completely the wrong way, Shane was trying to help Angel, and it's perhaps telling that she kept him out of it when she told Ailsa what had happened.Don wanting Angel to stay on feels a bit ironic given what's coming up...

Archived