Episode 6000

Guest cadyctslover

What about all the characters go on a cruise including several past characters like Jessie, Sally, Don etc. Something really bad happens causing the ship to shink making many of the characters to die

Oh gosh no, there would be nobody left to come back for he 7000th!

I understand people's concern about a live episode but I don't think it would be THAT difficult apart from the dubbing of voices over the sea outside - but then again it could be indoor and in the studios. A live episode is just something special and different to celebrate an anniversary.

I watched 1000 and 2000 on YouTube last night as this topic got me thinking. 2000 angel left and 1000 was no different to any other. Maybe we could have a normalise episode but may start to see the Braxton's lower in numbers.

Are the London episodes too early to be the 6000th? Or could it be them perhaps?

All the old characters wouldn´t die, only a few minor ones like Spences, Chris, Maddy, Kyle, Tamara and maybe atleast one old character to make it dramatic.Alf´s son maybe?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A live episode would be too difficult to pull off in my view. The only Australian show I can remember where a live episode occurred was Blue Heelers a few years ago when the show was on Channel 7 in the early to mid 2000s.

John's idea about a school reunion sounds great. It's got the potential to bring back so many characters.

With Summer Bay High now merged with Mangrove River High it should involve most of the younger cast as past students at least.

From Mangrove River you could have all the Braxtons, the Barrett Brothers, Ricky and any of the other River Boys a part of the reunion.

From Summer Bay High the list is endless and it doesn't have to just include students. It can also include ex-principals and students as well.

Hopefully the Braxtons will have started to depart by then so won't be about them.

What about an episode that sees the old timers (Alf, Irene, Marilyn, Roo and Leah) stuck in the Diner overnight for some reason that doesn't have to be a major disaster. Facing a long night together, they start to reminisce about old times and we get to see lots of flashbacks.

To be honest, I'm not sure why it shouldn't just be a normal episode.Episode 4000 worked as a one-off but having a bunch of old characters file past like a fashion parade and then killing one of them wasn't 100% successful.Neither am I keen on them killing off a quarter of the cast, which would leave the Bay looking pretty empty the following week.If they are going to bring past characters back, I think it should be quality over quantity, having them actually do something rather than just being there.Just a wrap-up of Sally and Pippa's storyline might be effective.Or maybe they could celebrate the present as well rather than overdosing on nostalgia.I remember an episode of Coronation Street some years back where it was a character's birthday party and in effect nothing happened, it was just characters talking to each other in a way that focused solely on character over plot, reminiscing about their history and assessing their present, yet it was arguably one of the best soap episodes ever.

If the show's returning in the last or last but one week of January, I think Episode 6000 will be along in late June or early July.

A two-hander. :D

I'm not sure if you're joking but that would be great. They haven't really had any scenes with actual depth to them in many years.

Hopefully the Braxtons will have started to depart by then so won't be about them.

What about an episode that sees the old timers (Alf, Irene, Marilyn, Roo and Leah) stuck in the Diner overnight for some reason that doesn't have to be a major disaster. Facing a long night together, they start to reminisce about old times and we get to see lots of flashbacks.

That would be great - nice and simple.

Back in 2000, EastEnders did a similar thing to mark their 15th anniversary. The entire cast were stuck in the Vic as a bomb had been discovered a few streets away.

Lots of stories coming together and plenty of drama!

H&A have never done a two-hander (I could not remember that when posting last night :lol:) so that would definitely be something special. If I remember rightly the closest they have ever got was a four-hander back in 2004, with an episode just featuring Sally, Flynn, Jesse & Leah.

I could be wrong about that though.

They did 'half' of one with the Sally/ Milco twin reveal in 2008, where the first 11 minutes of the episode featured only Sally and Miles... though there was a lot of flashbacks used. I'm sure I recall Bevan Lee (producer at the time) saying that he had a tough time in pitching that episode, because few people thought it would sustain (I assume he's referring to the 11 minute scene) so a full 2 hander is probably out of the question where the network is concerned.

I think the 2-hander episodes work best though when there's bucketloads to reveal and the conversation flows smoothly, but with two oldies who are good friends and talk all the time, it would probably be 20 minutes of "Oh, remember the time when...*flashback*" and then some retconned 'dark secret' along the way. One oldie and two 'newer' characters would be ideal, imo, because it's the newer ones that would benefit the most from the 'fleshing out' that comes with such an episode.

H&A's 30th anniversary in Jan 2018 is too far in the future to predict who will be around by then and what storylines will be going on then (hopefully the Braxtons will be long gone by the 30th anniversary) but they could mark it with a live episode rather than for the 6000th episode next year. An anniversary seems to be more relevant than an episode landmark.

Archived