Episode 6000

Guest cadyctslover

Assuming the final episode of the 2013 season is 5885, the 6000th episode should be about 23 weeks into the 2014 season. This will probably be late June/early July next year.

Any thoughts on what could happen for this special occasion?

As one of the biggest storylines in the celebration of the 25th anniversary As the only storyline in celebration of the 25th anniversary of the show, I mostly enjoyed Sally's return. Although I didn't think the Pippa storyline really went anywhere, I was very glad to see Kate Richie back in that role. Then looking back a few years to 2010, there wasn't a great deal of effort put into the 5000th episode, with only a passing remark in reference to that achievement.

I am really hoping for a return to form next year, where the producers and storyliners make an effort to refer back to the rich history of the show. I enjoyed the return of past characters for Sally's wedding episodes in 2000, and Alf's 60th/Episode 4000 in 2005, but I think the perfect balance was made with the Mirigani disaster episodes in 2002. I would love to see something similar to celebrate 6000 episodes next year.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, about time! Let's celebrate Irene and her family - but link it to whole community, of course.

I'd like to see Donald Fisher return too!

But, I highly doubt that Lucy Addario has any plans to celebrate the rich history of Summer Bay or oversee any major storyline that doesn't involve the Braxtons.

What I want to happen- Have another huge cast reunion with several updates on the characters - Like Selina and Steven, Frank (He and Roo get back together), Morag, Emma (Get Dannii Minogue back!) and Sally of course!!!

What will happen- another Braxton Storyline involving a drug deal death, GBH and a prison riot. Maybe Alf will have 1 line.

What I want to happen- Have another huge cast reunion with several updates on the characters - Like Selina and Steven, Frank (He and Roo get back together), Morag, Emma (Get Dannii Minogue back!) and Sally of course!!!

What will happen- another Braxton Storyline involving a drug deal death, GBH and a prison riot. Maybe Alf will have 1 line.

I like your idea. :) And the others!

But I'm sure Lucy and Louise will involve the Braxton's in some way. :rolleyes:

If it does involve the Braxton's, I'd like it to be a joint funeral of at least half of them.

What about a live episode? Has something like this ever been done in Aus before? The other British soaps tend to do them for episode anniversaries. There could be some kind of gala / gathering involving most the cast past and present and there could be a few story arcs that come to a head. It's would be quite easy to do, and wouldn't require everybody on location.

I would just like to see some sort of community event which involves as many of the cast as possible. Perhaps a school reunion which could involve current students involved in preparation and support and former students and teachers returning if only briefly for the event. Other community members could be involved in a number of ways.

Archived