Episode 6000

Guest cadyctslover

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A live episode would be too difficult to pull off in my view. The only Australian show I can remember where a live episode occurred was Blue Heelers a few years ago when the show was on Channel 7 in the early to mid 2000s.

John's idea about a school reunion sounds great. It's got the potential to bring back so many characters.

I don't understand the value of live episodes for soaps, from a fans perspective I mean, I understand it's a bit of an event, great for ratings, but only because people seem to love the idea that someone will mess up. As a television episode though, in terms of production, acting, writing etc, it'd be no better than what they could achieve by doing it the regular way. Ah, maybe I'm just a stick in the mud :P

But then I also don't mind milestones such as this going by without much fuss, as episodes 1000, 3000 and 5000 did.

I've said this before, but if I were producer, I wouldn't value episode 6000 any more than 5999 or 6007, because I'd be trying my best to make them ALL good. Just a background gag referencing the number is enough, imo.

What about all the characters go on a cruise including several past characters like Jessie, Sally, Don etc. Something really bad happens causing the ship to shink making many of the characters to die

Oh gosh no, there would be nobody left to come back for he 7000th!

I understand people's concern about a live episode but I don't think it would be THAT difficult apart from the dubbing of voices over the sea outside - but then again it could be indoor and in the studios. A live episode is just something special and different to celebrate an anniversary.

I watched 1000 and 2000 on YouTube last night as this topic got me thinking. 2000 angel left and 1000 was no different to any other. Maybe we could have a normalise episode but may start to see the Braxton's lower in numbers.

Are the London episodes too early to be the 6000th? Or could it be them perhaps?

H&A's 7000th, That is about 2018 and H&A turns 30 in January 2018.

I wonder how many of todays characters will be around by then. Some of todays ones may be long gone by the 30th anniversary.

If H&A did not have Xmas breaks it would have reached 6000 episodes a while ago I think. I also estimated about May or June 2014 for the 6000th.

What about all the characters go on a cruise including several past characters like Jessie, Sally, Don etc. Something really bad happens causing the ship to shink making many of the characters to die

Er, what like the Mirigani disaster that I mentioned?

I don't appreciate the concept of a live episode, as it doesn't add anything to the program and will likely result in quite a dull, easy to direct script to reduce the potential for mistakes.

However I do think the 6000th episode should be celebrated on screen with a special storyline/set of episodes. It's a major milestone and I don't know why you wouldn't!

A live episode would be too difficult to pull off in my view. The only Australian show I can remember where a live episode occurred was Blue Heelers a few years ago when the show was on Channel 7 in the early to mid 2000s.

John's idea about a school reunion sounds great. It's got the potential to bring back so many characters.

With Summer Bay High now merged with Mangrove River High it should involve most of the younger cast as past students at least.

A good ole school reunion episode would be great, bring back a few of the old cast members especially from the Early Years...

Sorry let's get back in the real world, I personally have been very disappointed with the 25th Anniversary celebrations, so really what have the producers planned for the 6,000th episode...not a lot I am sure!!

Archived