Episode 6000

Guest cadyctslover

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is absolutely no point in Home and Away doing a live episode especially considering what a massive overseas market it has - what's the point watching a "live" episode weeks later especially when you've already probably read about any glitches.

The only soap who can justify doing a live episode was Corrie who originally broadcast live when it first began. Emmerdale and Eastenders had no business jumping on the bandwagon and H&A certainly doesn't

Why are you assuming that they will even bother trying to organise anything to celebrate anniversaries or episode numbers? What did we get this year? A book that was full of errors and the return of a couple of characters with weak storytelling.

Sad but true.

They had a great 20th for 2008 - no sensational or weak stories - just good character-driven drama.

How hard can it be? If the writers are truly writers, surely it should come naturally to them to be able to write for a range of characters?

Given the high cast turnover, Alf and Irene will be the only ones left in 2018 with a whole bunch of new characters. I reckon the Braxtons will all be gone by the end of 2014.

I also hope by late 2014 that Lucy and Louise have gone and we have some new producers who know the show. Not like Cameron Welsh either. Cazza Welsh did not do very well wither.

:offtopic:

Given the high cast turnover, Alf and Irene will be the only ones left in 2018 with a whole bunch of new characters. I reckon the Braxtons will all be gone by the end of 2014.

I also hope by late 2014 that Lucy and Louise have gone and we have some new producers who know the show. Not like Cameron Welsh either. Cazza Welsh did not do very well wither.

There has to be someone out there with a passion for the show and all of its characters who is longing for the SP role. :D

:offtopic:

There has to be someone out there with a passion for the show and all of its characters who is longing for the SP role. :D

I'll do it :-)

If Kate Ritchie didn't want her job back, I'd move Carly home with her boys and make them the show's main family.

If you comapre the histories of Neighbours and H&A, Neighbours is slightly older by almost 3 years but H&A has a much more colourful history that neighbours cannot compete with. H&A has been faster moving and you have seen endless locations throughout the shows run and more characters while keeping the main focal point, Sumemr Bay House the forefront of the show. I think H&A will outlive Neighbours anyway. Neighbours just stays stuck in the same cul de sac and nearby coffee shop all the time.

6000 episodes of very rich history.

Archived