Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

Didn't catch yesterday's episode but made a point of tuning in today.It's interesting to remember how much I hated Kyle back there and to see that in the first half, if you ignore the fact he's chained a guy up in the desert, he doesn't seem that different to now, although it's hard to imagine his snarling in the latter part taking place today.It's odd that what at the time came across as incompetent villainy in retrospect comes across as reluctant villainy:Leaving Casey behind and assuming he'll die might be Bond villain stupidity but it also means he doesn't have to see it and even at the end he almost seems to be trying to talk himself out of shooting him.And the first appearance of Tamara, who had so much potential then to the point that I actually smiled when she first appeared, ignoring that next time she turns up she'll have had a personality transplant and started stalking Casey.Gosh, she was thin back then and her voice seemed very different to how I think it would be just a couple of months later, a lot more rough and down to earth tones.The fact that we don't see Kyle's reaction when they first meet seems like a major omission now but at least we get that moment of eye contact when he's trying to talk her out of shooting him.How he escaped being blown up with a few superficial burns I've no idea.I also wonder if anyone writing the show at the moment has looked back on these episodes:Nowadays, they seem to be making out that he never met Danny or knew about the Braxtons until shortly before we saw him, whereas back then it was implied Danny split his time between the two families when Kyle was young.(And he even mentions his mother!)

These episodes do make it seem like Brax's love interests are interchangeable up to a point, you could give Natalie's part here to Ricky and not notice much different.Oh yes, and Part Whatever of Romeo Was a Bit of a Loser, Wasn't He?I know people have said it's because of the contrast with the other actors but I'll swear Indi's a lot less pale here than she would be a year later.

Monday 19nd May

Episode 5712 (2013)

Romeo leaves a sleeping Indi. The engagement party is a bust when Casey punches Kyle after learning of his feelings for Tamara. Bianca is annoyed when Cheryl embraces Tamara as part of the family. Liam announces he's leaving the bay. Ricky arrives in the bay.

Tuesday 20th May

Episode 5749 (2013)

John understands why Jett broke up with Nina. Dex faces the board with unexpected results. Tamara's suspicious that Kyle is to blame for the Braxton disharmony. Adam tells Ricky it's time to dump Brax

Wednesday 21st May

Episode 5766 (2013)

Charlie returns to Brax as he fights for his life. Adam attempts to finish Brax off. Dex worries about being average. Bianca makes a public statement to defend Zac.

Thursday 22nd May

Episode 5848 (2013)

The day of Brax's sentencing has arrived, and tensions in the court threaten to erupt. Andy reveals to Josh that Brax killed their father, and he has payback in mind. Marilyn has a feeling that something bad may happen.

Friday 23rd May

Episode 5917 (2014)

Brax is out of gaol and arrives home to find things have changed since he left. Ricky is in the running for her dream job in the UK but with Brax home, what will she decide? Chris strikes a deal with Irene.

I think it was pretty clear after we saw the episodes for the Heath week that they're not interested in giving the complete overview of the character, just showing the build-up to their current storyline. Casey's episodes were more generic because his storyline's only just started.Did have today's episode playing in the background but hey, it was only on a few weeks ago, it was hard to care.

Caught today's episode, don't think I'll bother with the rest of the week since they're all recent episodes and not worth recording while I'm at work.That sucker punch at the end aside, rather an enjoyable episode although I guess jury's still out on whether Bianca keeps her word.Surprisingly, unless something's happened that I've missed, Heath did actually follow Sid's advice and not go back to that side of his life.Alf using Harvey is rather awkward in retrospect knowing how questionable he becomes.And the beginning of John and Marilyn, even though Gina's still around.Weirdly, I did actually like John and Gina most of the time, although I wasn't keen on her individually, but watching them out of sequence she felt like a bit of an interloper.Actually, I think even then I thought John should go ahead and give Marilyn a go.

And Cheryl's "This could be my last chance to see him" was surprisingly dark when you know how the episode ends.

Edited by Red Ranger 1