Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

I'm out. That just says to me it's clearly all about the Braxtons now and sod everyone else.

Channel 5, Lucy and Louise are killing a show I that a decade ago I loved, it's like watching an animal be gradually starved of food and water and we have to watch what happens to it unable to save it.

Louise bulls about Light and Shade, but in reality there's the Braxtons and the odd lightweight storyline about someone else. Alan Bateman must be turning in his grave.

• Like 2

It kind of passed me over until I saw the trailers today that instead of putting these on early evening when people would normally be watching Home and Away, 5* are showing these right in the middle of the afternoon, so you pretty much have to plan your whole day around them unless you watch on Demand 5 or record it.That's a shame, because despite my griping it is quite interesting to watch episodes from even two or three years ago and catch up on old characters, but I doubt I'll be watching many when they've made it so inconvenient.

Anyway, here's the in my opinion somewhat disappointing schedule for the second (Heath) week:

Monday 12 May

Episode 5620 (2012)

Bianca and Cheryl butt heads. Things get romantic between Sid and Lisa. Jett tells Gina that John tried to kiss Marilyn. Bianca can't wake up an unconscious Rocco.

Tuesday 13 May

Episode 5807 (2013)

Heath is conflicted over Bianca's suggestion to postpone the wedding, while Zac fears he may be the cause of her decision. Sally reaches out to a frightened Pippa.

Wednesday 14 May

Episode 5813 (2013)

Bianca and Heath's wedding day has arrived. The Braxton matriarch, Cheryl, arrives and there's hell to pay for Kyle and Tamara. Casey and Kyle join forces to assist Jett in winning Nina back.

Thursday 15 May

Episode 5817 (2013)

Heath and Bianca finally get their act together, but will Cheryl ruin it for everyone? Maddy, still angry with Casey, finds a new boy to talk to. Is she flirting with disaster?

Friday 16 May

Episode 5911 (2014)

Matt, Jett and Maddy start to plot against Sasha in the campaign for school captain. Marilyn is scared when she thinks John is going to propose. Bianca learns of Jess' pregnancy.

I'm not, if you think about all the characters that were around then and all that's happened to the characters that are still there then it does seem like an old episode.I guess these things are relative.

Didn't see yesterday's episode, which has been repeated before anyway, but did catch most of today and quite enjoyed it.Wish we'd got an episode with Lottie rather than just one where they talk about her a lot, although at least she was in the preview.Seeing Andy run rings around Brax is still fun to watch, he's possibly the only person who's ever been Brax's equal:Adam came close but in his first stint he was more Heath's nemesis than Brax's and in his second everyone stopped taking it seriously and turned him into a Bond villain(which was also fun to watch).Good to see Sid again.Not so good to see Natalie again although at least this was the early days when she was offering a differing viewpoint to Brax rather than just parroting his views.Two years on, Brax still hasn't quite got the message about letting his brothers make their own choices but maybe the fact that letting Heath and Casey have their own way then didn't turn out so well put him off.

Given the way they seem to be pitching this run, I've got a feeling Brax Week will focus solely on his relationship with Ricky and not include anything pre-2013, so this might be the last chance to see this slightly older stuff.