Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

As an aside, while Channel 5 aren't publishing schedules more than a week in advance, their promo for the return gives the times 1.15 and 6.00, so whoever said that the lunchtime showing had been pulled was just scaremongering.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s15/home-and-away/scoop/a570983/home-and-away-channel-5-unveils-promo-for-london-episodes.html#~oEni4DKTuYZ3DF

Excuse me while I start breathing again.

Not long to wait now, back on Monday!!!!! Won't reveal what I read but that's London traffic for you!!!!!!! :wink:

It's back a week on Monday, the 26th.

And nope there's no mentioning or alluding to spoilers in here - anyone can take only 2 clicks from this page to read everything for themselves anyway, if they so wished. :wink:

Looking on Twitter and Facebook, it seems Ireland have caught up and overtaken Channel Five. The London episodes seemed to have aired there this week. Does anyone know if RTE have won back the European rights as they have always had to stay behind Five in the past.

Whilst they could probably do with cutting down on the amount of showings, which just split the audience, I think the lunchtime and evening showings format is pretty much ingrained in the public psyche by now.

As for the hiatus, I'm prepared to take it at face value, that Channel 5 wanted a big push of publicity for the return and thought the London episodes would be a good hook, but the RTE thing has thrown me, unless they're planning to take a break themselves in the near future it's hard to see how Channel 5 could end up back in front.

• 1 year later...

Figured I'd merge and repurpose a couple of old threads to just use as discussion of Channel 5's transmission of the show (if there's any repeated eps during any breaks then they'll get their own threads).

Anyway, sorry to be the bearer of bad news - but there'll be another long break this Christmas:

http://www.backtothebay.net/news/2015/11/16/channel-5-xmas-break-2015/

Edited by Dan F

Nothing Channel 5 does surprises me anymore.Part of me is hoping that they're going to do the same as they did last year and turn around in a few days once we've all screamed our heads off and go "Oh, no, sorry, it's only going to be two."The other part wouldn't be surprised if this actually does happen and we, incredibly, ludicrously, go on our Christmas break before Australia and end up even further behind.