Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

On 11/20/2015, 11:17:30, c120701 said:

Neighbours UK Christmas break will be 2 weeks, to allow us to catch up on the 2 week transmission gap. Australia have a 4 week break.

Thanks. :) 

So my next question is how long is the H&A Christmas break in Aus? They have it on air for longer than we do too. :( Maybe that's something to do with the fact C5 wanted their viewers to have a decent "finale" ep. here in the UK? Like I mean if we were to have H&A on air in the UK until 9/12 too maybe that "finale" wouldn't be a good place to leave it especially for this long 5 week break we're to be subjected to as well. *scratch head*

Argh TV ey? I'm really into H&A atm! They're doing a really really good job I think! :D:wub::wink::lol::o:unsure: Anyway I'll miss H&A a lot I think and especially for 5 FLIPPIN WEEKS. 5 WEEKS!!!! SERIOUSLY????? That's soooooooooooooooooo aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages. *thumbs down*

I wish theyd reconsider this long break, it's a golden opportunity to close the gap on Australia being wasted. I've worked out we could close the gap to 2 weeks if the show carries on over Christmas. Anyway time for tonight's ep now :)

Ooh I like this point a lot!! A Golden Opportunity indeed and that way we wouldn't have to endure such a flippin major long break too!! YAY!!! 

We'll just have to come and support each other though this tough time in our lil thread here you guys. Shall I go first?

"Hi! My name's Lydia and I'm a Home and Away addict". We'll get through it together you guys! :wink: *group hug*

Edited by Changelo shipper <3
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As it stands, the UK will only catch up by one week as the show returns to Australia on 1st February. Obviously Channel 5 could still amend the return date as they have done before.

http://www.backtothebay.net/news/2015/11/16/channel-5-xmas-break-2015/

On 19/11/2015 at 10:32 PM, Red Ranger 1 said:

Channel 5 were subjected to another of my ranty e-mails and I received a standard reply which included the phrase "Our contract with the Australian broadcasters does not allow us to catch up."I've pressed them for more details, see how long it takes to get past the PR spiels.

NZ are currently 2 weeks behind Australian viewings, and even US viewers watching on-demand via Hulu are only 2 weeks behind.

The decision is clearly being made by Channel 5 and not Seven.

I haven't heard anything more from Channel 5.Despite the announcement at the end of the UK finale, I suppose there's still time for them to reduce the break to 3 or 4 weeks.I wonder if they're waiting until they've made that announcement to get back to me, a 7 week gap even before they start taking it off willy nilly is definitely not appealing.Yes, I'm still living in a state of hopeless optimism.

• 3 months later...

Early days and probably of no consequence to many, but Channel 5 have recently been granted a licence by OFCOM to broadcast Channel 5 HD on Freeview.

(the HD channel has only ever been available on Sky and Virgin Media since it launched nearly 6 years ago)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good! 

We've been getting the S***ty end of the stick for too long.

What has their controller been smoking down the years? Besides, any show that they stick in a Summer Filler is generally rubbish (i.e. "My Boss is Coming to Dinner" aka "Ratings Be Gone")

I might just slap on that James Brown song and Dance around my Bedroom like a fool right now! :D

• Like 1

I'm cautiously optimistic. Channel 5 suddenly turning round and doing the opposite of what they said they were going to do is hardly unheard of, but the fact that for the last two years the show's been taken off air in May and that hasn't happened yet does suggest things are improving. It is getting frustrating, knowing that there's something happening in Australia at the moment that I'd quite like to see without knowing every single detail, but that there's too many ways for me to be spoiled for me to be able to make it to the end of June without knowing all the major facts...

I feel this pain. I have had to mute soooooooo many Twitter accounts and I'm petrified I'm going to find out... Hope this is a general move to how they operate Neighbours now. I can dream.