Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

Home and Away: The Early Years is continuing at least over Christmas

What channel and when, please?

have we got to wait 4 weeks to find out if Josh recovers fully and where he goes to live? Can't be anyone left at his home now!

They're referring to the Australian showings I'm afraid, there's no episodes old or new for the UK over the Christmas break.

Sadly there are no old episodes being aired any time of the year now here in the UK (H&A's second biggest market) after Channel 5 took the **** and dropped Home and Away: The Early Years in favour of Cowboy Builders?

They have such little regard for the fans. Both Network 7 and Channel 5. :rolleyes:

You'd hope that was the case but I wouldn't bank on it.I think they've just got into the habit of having longer breaks and do it without thinking.I've heard January 27th bandied about for the return in Australia although I didn't think it's been officially confirmed:That would make us 5 weeks behind for the beginning of the 2014 season.I really don't see why they couldn't have just had a two week break like Neighbours is having so we'd be 3 weeks behind.

You'd hope that was the case but I wouldn't bank on it.I think they've just got into the habit of having longer breaks and do it without thinking.I've heard January 27th bandied about for the return in Australia although I didn't think it's been officially confirmed:That would make us 5 weeks behind for the beginning of the 2014 season.I really don't see why they couldn't have just had a two week break like Neighbours is having so we'd be 3 weeks behind.

Why does it matter how far we are behind Australia? It doesn't affect our viewing in England at all. The long break is just

annoying.

I guess for most people it doesn't matter.The only issues are if you're on forums like this and you can't join in half the conversations because they're talking about things you won't see for three months, and the fact that in this day and age if UK-based viewers get fed up with there being 30-odd episodes relatively easily available which Channel 5 are refusing to show they might go elsewhere for their HA fix.

• 3 months later...