Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

It's silly! Just doesn't seem right, especially looking at those neighbours dates. Unless like I said earlier they're doing it for a reason like cast members coming over in time to promote a particular story? Or something similar,

Has anyone emailed and asked why?

I think Neighbours has consistently stayed four weeks behind the Australian broadcast since the beginning of 2011.I don't know why they aren't doing the same with Home and Away, stay 2-4 weeks behind Australia, maybe have a three week break in the summer and three at Christmas if they like to split it, instead of having longer breaks each year.

I did send an angry e-mail, quoting from the reply to the angry e-mail I sent in the summer where they implied they had a summer break instead of Australia's Christmas break instead of as well as. Haven't received a reply yet and not expecting anything other than the usual platitudes if I do.(It usually gets to the point where they run out of arguments and just go "Thank you for your comments, your views have been passed to the appropriate department.")

That's right. The highest bidder wins the rights to the show. So in Home And Away's case, here in the UK it used to be shown on ITV but then Channel5 aquired the rights instead. Perhaps a better deal / paid more money etc.

Well im just happy i get to watch it every day, i have been watching it since 2003 back when they where showing late 2001 episodes, i was just a kid back then and sat down and watched it and i started to like it and got addicted

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yes, I finally got a reply from Channel 5 over this one this week.Not that it actually said anything or answered any of the points I raised, just said "Invariably, the programme does take a break at this time although it is not usually as long as the summer break."Well, yeah, technically but when the summer break's stupid length and this one's only a week less that's not much consolation.