Summer Break 2013

Guest James Martin

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a shorter break at Christmas but we usually still have one.I think even with no Christmas break we'd still be about three weeks behind when the 2014 season started so if they do have another break then we could end up 5/6 weeks behind at the beginning of next season and goodness knows how long behind if they have another unnecessary summer break next year.

9 weeks behind Australia is utterly ridiculous.

Unfortunately I'm starting to really lose interest in the show and only find myself watching out of habit. I suspect this lengthy summer break will finish me off completely.

John and Jett are the only characters I really care about at the minute, following the aftermath of Gina's death.

This is why I switched to aforementioned "other means" 4 years ago. It would make no sense for me to watch it on C5 with adverts now, or recording and still having to skip them. Far, far easier. I don't mind the 8 week break at Christmas either because it is all done in one go and by the end of the year I'm generally fed up of certain characters and I get a chance to recharge and usually by January I'm looking forward to the new season!

I do wonder how many people watch on other means because there are various outlets and they seem rather popular...

Here's to some classic episodes on 5* anyway, and the show in better days!

I think it's definitely true that every time C5 have this break more and more viewers either give up on the show, or resort to downloading/streaming the show online.

When you think that we'll be 9 weeks behind AU broadcast, it's ridiculous. They should organise the Summer and Winter breaks so that we're never more than 1 week behind the season opener in January/February. They've managed this in the past (2009 and 2010 as I recall), so it is possible.

I never remember H&A having a break in the summer. Just at christmas. Do we have a break in the summer holidays?

Yep for about 4 weeks I think something like that nomally gets replaced by Monkey Life which I hear about from my Mom as she likes monkeys. :) I tend to watch H&A by other means too these days as to stay away from any big spoilers.

I never remember H&A having a break in the summer. Just at christmas. Do we have a break in the summer holidays?

Yes the whole point of this thread is that last year you had a summer break which was replaced by classic episodes and we are all wondering if they are going to do the same this year, this is the entire subject of the thread, so your question is a bit strange! :)

Archived