Summer Break 2013

Guest James Martin

OK, so for this year's break Channel 5 are running a 'Summer Bay's Sexiest' poll (yes....I know...)

http://www.channel5.com/shows/home-and-away/articles/home-and-away-summer-bays-sexiest-vote-now

They've pre-selected 40 characters for people to vote for over the next 2 weeks (the selection of which is, predictably, heavily skewed towards latter years), and the Top 25 will be revealed in the form of a 'signature' episode for each character, played out every night on 5★ over the summer break.

Out of the 40 characters, only 7 are pre-2000, and that includes people such as Hayley and Jesse who would have later episodes selected anyway. So sadly there's not much chance of 'classic' repeats, maybe 2-3 if we're lucky (only Shane, Angel and Shannon would be a guaranteed pre-2000 ep).

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, so for this year's break Channel 5 are running a 'Summer Bay's Sexiest' poll (yes....I know...)

http://www.channel5.com/shows/home-and-away/articles/home-and-away-summer-bays-sexiest-vote-now

They've pre-selected 40 characters for people to vote for over the next 2 weeks (the selection of which is, predictably, heavily skewed towards latter years), and the Top 25 will be revealed in the form of a 'signature' episode for each character, played out every night on 5★ over the summer break.

Out of the 40 characters, only 7 are pre-2000, and that includes people such as Hayley and Jesse who would have later episodes selected anyway. So sadly there's not much chance of 'classic' repeats, maybe 2-3 if we're lucky (only Shane, Angel and Shannon would be a guaranteed pre-2000 ep).

Oh jeez..gonna be full of Braxtons and bar Heath, I can't stand the rest of them!

God help us. Its going to be a summer of Braxtons isn't it?

Its a pretty poor idea in the end.

Oh jeez..gonna be full of Braxtons and bar Heath, I can't stand the rest of them!

I feel the same... although I do like Kyle aswell.

Five really don't give two hoots about the older fans of the show, do they? It sucks that they never gave us the repeats that we all thought would keep going when the channel first started :(.

Edited to Add: ... And now they break my heart because they show no love for Kit Hunter! This sucks for fans (like me) who preferred the unqiue looks over the generic look :angry: .

I've lost all hope.

This is really disappointing. I really enjoyed their 25 year special last year where they showed 2 episodes from each year!!

I really think they just see H&A as being a hot teen soap now where the audience have little interest in quality storylines. I don't watch my favourite soap to see good looking people.

I'm so disappointed in them. May I suggest tweeting their official account and just maybe they'll get their act together for next year?

I say we bombard them asking why Alf, Irene, Marilyn etc... are not options to vote for :wink:.

I believe Five are treating H&A as an equivalent to Hollyoaks on Four, which is dumb because they are completely different genres of soaps. We may moan and bitch about H&A but at least they do have older characters around in most episodes, even if they are in the background. On Hollyoaks you can go weeks without seeing any character above the age of 35 <_<.

I answered both sections in a "Character I'd most like to see an episode focused on" kind of way.It is heavily slanted and the idea of repeating an episode with Tamara, Maddy or Spencer less than a year after their debuts, regardless of their merits, doesn't really appeal(but they'll probably get all the votes from fans who've never heard of the older characters or have the memory of a goldfish anyway).Still, 25 episodes and only four Braxtons so we should get at least some episodes that are a bit older.

Archived