Summer Break 2013

Guest James Martin

Sophie - Mmm, we've seen 2/3 of her first stint in Australia and showing someone when they are the size of a whale doesn't exaclty fit in with sexiest. I do think she looked stunning in 2002 though. Maybe her final episode, but even then I think i've seen that.

Angel - Em, I feel like I've seen her major episodes. Possibly the plane crash, but I don't know how that holds as a stand along episode.

Shannon - Oh, em, yes, I don't know. The episode where she nearly drowns.

Shane - The 1995 season finale/premiere.

Actually, I can't even remember what the 3rd Episodes were last year.

Anyway I voted for Dani, Matilda, Shannon, Sophie and for the guys Vinnie (not based on the criteria laid out by 5 for the males I may add).

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a shallow and boring way to select episodes. It's just reenforcing that reputation the show has. Having said that, the reputation didn't just come out of thin air.

James Martin likes this. :)

I went with Shannon, Sophie, Angel, Dani and Hayley for the girls, then Shane for the guys. Not because I've suddenly started fancying blokes, simply because I want some ITV-era stuff shown!

Really surprised not to see Sally make the cut for the girls though.

In all fairness, I don't mind seeing stuff from the Coral Drouyn/Bevan Lee era. Rather that than see a load of tosh from the back end of 2008 rerun yet again.

What episodes would I like to see for the 90s characters if it was a free selection.Hmm.I'd actually quite like to see the episode Tele mentioned again because that was a big step to Shane and Angel becoming a couple and a nice moment.Otherwise:

Sophie-Maybe the conclusion of her sexual harassment storyline from 1992 on the grounds I haven't seen it in a while or her first kiss with David since that was arguably the character's turning point.

Shane-Given that it's very difficult to get a solo episode for Shane and Angel, I might be really perverse and choose one of the early episodes when he went to juvenile detention.

Angel-Possibly Dylan accepting her as his mother or when she got held hostage by Paul.

Shannon-Maybe something from her child abuse storyline, I remember some pretty intense stuff when she was counselled by Donna or when she woke up from a nightmare and remembered what happened, or her leaving with Mandy.(Or her racy-for-its-time consummation with Alex on the beach.Got to love Michael and Pippa's moment of "Why has Shannon just come home soaking wet?... Maybe we're better of not knowing."

Really don't see how an objective list could have omitted Chloe...Surprised to see no Gypsy for that matter, I was convinced she was there until I went back and checked.

So here's the question - which eps would you choose for Shane, Angel, Sophie and Shannon without resorting to the ones above?

Good question.

For Shane, something pre- Angel. Maybe stealing Fisher's car. Or when he escaped from the detention centre.

Angel: something involving her friendship with Sarah. Not quite sure what!

Sophie: I feel like we've just seen most of her storylines on 7Two, and what's coming up for her is basically just one big long running story from now until she leaves. I always remember the episode she fell off a cliff when she was pregnant so maybe that.

Shannon: Since we were recently discussing it in another thread, the episode where she and Alex find an old army base and one of the bombs goes off.

I agree with what someone said about a pre-Leah episode for Vinnie. Something from when he was dating Sally and bringing out her fun side would be cool.

Okay, don't mean to get everyone's hopes up but I watched the trailer they've started sticking on the ends of episodes tonight and in the midst of a load of clips from 2009 onwards there's a couple of Shane and Angel clips.One's obviously from the wedding but the other one doesn't look like anything I remember from the episodes we saw last year.It's got Shane awkwardly offering Angel a bunch of flowers which she doesn't look too happy with.I wouldn't swear in a court of law, but if I had to say what episode I think it's from I'd say the episode from 1993 when he first asks her out and she turns him down.So...if they've got the clip maybe they've got the episode..?

EDIT: Another thought I had:They normally show two episodes a night, so if that's the case we'd presumably get two episodes per character.They could just about get two episodes out of last year's batch but it'd be a stretch.

Shannon-Maybe something from her child abuse storyline, I remember some pretty intense stuff when she was counselled by Donna or when she woke up from a nightmare and remembered what happened,

I've always been keen to re watch that storyline because I also remember it being quite intense and well written.

I think one thing I notice when coming up with episodes you'd like to see is how much of the really, really important stuff has been repeated, uploaded in the 00's etc that it can sometimes be quite difficult trying to come up with something that you'd want to see that you haven't seen before.

Archived