Summer Break 2013

Guest James Martin

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst it would be nice to get some more classic repeats this August(although I have my doubts about whether it will happen, last year seemed like a one-off for the 25th year), personally I'd prefer to have a shorter break or none at all rather than end up about nine weeks behind Aus pace.

Depends on whether the BBC still have the rights on pre-2008 episodes with Neighbours I assume, which C5 don't so readily take off-air during Summer.

I wasn't bothered about how far behind From Day One put us - it was SO worth it! But it buffered us up quite nicely, though: despite a further three weeks off over Christmas, we're only a month behind Australia as things stand. Three weeks in August and a further three weeks over Christmas should keep things more-or-less in-sync without us falling miles behind like we did last year. We could actually get away with no Summer Break whatsoever but we would need to take longer off over Christmas, which isn't the preferred option this side of the Equator.

I'd be quite happy for 2/3 weeks off if 5* laid on "themed" weeks of episodes, but from the entire archive. Hatches, Matches and Dispatches anyone? OK so the third week would be a bit depressing but an excuse to show off some epic acting...

Certainly last Summer's run did pretty well for digital if I remember. The Pilot in particular did very well considering not only was it during the Olympics but half of it was up against Emmerdale and Corrie.

Archived