Summer Break 2013

Guest James Martin

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I answered both sections in a "Character I'd most like to see an episode focused on" kind of way.It is heavily slanted and the idea of repeating an episode with Tamara, Maddy or Spencer less than a year after their debuts, regardless of their merits, doesn't really appeal(but they'll probably get all the votes from fans who've never heard of the older characters or have the memory of a goldfish anyway).Still, 25 episodes and only four Braxtons so we should get at least some episodes that are a bit older.

I too deliberately voted that way. I voted for all the "older" characters like Sophie and Shannon just so we can see more of the older episodes.

It's obvious that the Braxtons or anyone associated with them will get the most votes. You don't need to be a clairvoyant to work it out.

Okay, here's the science part.

Twenty-five episodes.There's twelve current characters in the selection(April, Indi, Bianca, Brax, Heath, Casey, Sasha, Natalie, Kyle, Tamara, Spencer and Maddy).The next thirteen characters who were seen most recently are Romeo, Liam, Ruby, Charlie, Nicole, Angelo, Martha, Aden, Geoff, Belle, Roman, Jack and Ric or Matilda.So even if that lot win(including seven pre-Braxton characters for those keeping track), we'll get some episodes from at least as far back as 2008 and possibly 2004.

The character who hasn't appeared for the longest is Shane, last seen in 1996, and the character who appeared first is Sophie, making her debut in 1990(so we won't see anything earlier than that).Unless you count Martha's appearance as a baby in 1988, which would at least make sense of them listing her as Martha Stewart although the photo of Jodi Gordon suggests otherwise.

Although I did have a depressing thought:What's the bet that if Sophie, Shane, Angel and Shannon do make the top 25 we just get a bunch of episodes from last year instead of them buying something new?Just thought I'd drag people's mood down...

Although I did have a depressing thought:What's the bet that if Sophie, Shane, Angel and Shannon do make the top 25 we just get a bunch of episodes from last year instead of them buying something new?Just thought I'd drag people's mood down...

Yep, thanks for that :lol: but I do not have high hopes for the specials, knowing me, I am just going to turn off.

What's the bet that if Sophie, Shane, Angel and Shannon do make the top 25 we just get a bunch of episodes from last year instead of them buying something new?Just thought I'd drag people's mood down...

Yeah I had already considered that hence my disappointment :( I'd say that's a pretty safe bet to be honest.

What's the bet that if Sophie, Shane, Angel and Shannon do make the top 25 we just get a bunch of episodes from last year instead of them buying something new?Just thought I'd drag people's mood down...

Yeah I had already considered that hence my disappointment :( I'd say that's a pretty safe bet to be honest.

Well quite... they've got 3 from last year to cover Shane and Angel (romantic getaway, wedding and Shane's death), and for Sophie it would most likely be Tamara's birth (David's birth if they really want to save money), which we also saw last year. Shannon....well....probably just stick that random one centering on Alf seeing her and Curtis kiss and we're done :P

So here's the question - which eps would you choose for Shane, Angel, Sophie and Shannon without resorting to the ones above?

Wow. After last year's epic effort we're going 9 weeks behind Oz for this?!

Typical Dirty Des I guess. And skewed, like others say, so that they can dig up the pre-2000 episodes bought for last year's Summer Break.

Well, screw you Desmond, I'm voting for Angel and Shannon.

I don't know the episode number but the one that always sticks out for Shane and Angel is the one where Shane is trying to bid on something in an auction and he doesn't have enough money and Angel comes up to him and places her hand in his giving him more money. They share this intense look and it was like 'wow', well to me anyway.

Archived