1989 Episode Discussion

Guest Dan F

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what you mean Ryan, it does feel very different. I think it's got a lot to do with the Diner being introduced, but I'm loving the feel of 89 so far. I love the use of flashbacks as well. Morag is an amazing character.

Yes, Morag is a great character but I prefer Morag from 2004 onwards as it was clear that Morag had emotional problems.

The Diner is a great part of the show as it is one of the longest themes of the show. Who's worked the longest ever in the Diner - Ailsa? Colleen? Leah? Irene?

Yeah I think the introduction of the Diner has played a part in the different overall 'feel' of the show. 1989 continues to be fantastic TV. I'm really enjoying this whole build up to Bobby's wedding and Morag. Also Lance and Martin continue to be two of my favorite characters.

Morag is, in my opinion, one of the best characters the show has ever created. Can't help but hate her at this point though. Also couldn't they have got someone in the flashbacks who at least sounded like Morag - the voice was totally wrong. The whole Fisher/Bobby/Morag saga is going to be great to watch again. The music playing as she got off the plane and Bobby told Frank about her dream made me feel all nostalgic and warm.

All this history and secrets rooted in the Bay between the characters who have lived/grew up there. They couldn't do this today, with most of the characters being from out of town and not having known each other before living there. This is what makes this era so unique and something that sadly I think can't be done again.

Alison's letter about Fisher being the father, I don't think she knew. I think she was just stirring trouble and the fact it turns out to be right is just coincidence. If anything, it was probably to throw the viewers off the scent.

Yeah I think the introduction of the Diner has played a part in the different overall 'feel' of the show. 1989 continues to be fantastic TV. I'm really enjoying this whole build up to Bobby's wedding and Morag. Also Lance and Martin continue to be two of my favorite characters.

I've loved 1989 so far, been excellent.

The storyline with Bobby's wedding and now Morgag has been great, and I've been super impressed with the issues that Lance and Martin are currently experiencing, really good viewing!

In actual fact it did, minus the background view. I also doubt that the resort that they were at was in Singapore like where Ailsa stayed in last time. I didn't recognise the waiter or any familiar buildings that were used back then.

Archived