1989 Episode Discussion

Guest Dan F

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I was just asking a question about the habit people have of phrasing such things. I didn't mean to come across as trolling or being offensive. And it doesn't mean I don't enjoy The Early Years.

Ah cool. I know you enjoy the early years from your signature :) I obviously just misunderstood your intention.

I remember really liking Stacey Macklin. But now I am watching the episodes again, I really can't warm to her at all. Same with Carly actually.

How far away is it until Irene arrives?. The show's not same without Irene or Leah. It goes to show how much impact both Ada and Lynne have had as their characters.

Well you'll have a while yet - it's 2 years and 5 months until her first appearance (played by Jacqui Phillips), and 4 years and 2 months until she settles permanently in December 2014 - presuming it continues as it has been doing.

Though at this stage the show is perfectly fine without Irene or Leah in my opinion!

Well you'll have a while yet - it's 2 years and 5 months until her first appearance (played by Jacqui Phillips), and 4 years and 2 months until she settles permanently in December 2014 - presuming it continues as it has been doing.

Though at this stage the show is perfectly fine without Irene or Leah in my opinion!

I tend to agree with Dan really. I dont really remember Irene until the Smiths arrived, and I dont really remember Leah until Vinnie - for me these early years were all about Fisher, Bobby, Alf and Ailsa, and Tom and Pippa. And did very well for it all.

Irene was a great character but I dont feel the early years is missing her - she slots in perfectly during the early 90's. As for Leah, I dont think she has much of an impact on Home and Away. She was one of my favorite characters for the first 3 years in the show, then she changed and has sort of lost a lot of what made the character unique.

I think there's just different periods of the show, and you've just got to ride with them for what they are. It's good, then it goes off the boil, then another few good years etc. I actually can't wait for Viv to arrive, but this is more because she was the last credited character I ever saw (well appart from new ones introduced after about 2005), and in the same way as Lynn, something a bit mysterious about these random characters from the beginning of the show.

Archived