1989 Episode Discussion

Guest Dan F

Haha Martin/Ronda/Lance and Leanne! '...Maybe you're perseptic'! :D

Nicely played scenes by Norman and Cornelia. I cant say the same for the flashback sequences though, the actors are terrible. They should have just used Norman, Cornelia, Barbra etc for these flashbacks with wigs on and old fashioned clothes.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicely played scenes by Norman and Cornelia. I cant say the same for the flashback sequences though, the actors are terrible. They should have just used Norman, Cornelia, Barbra etc for these flashbacks with wigs on and old fashioned clothes.

They were horrible! :lol:

Loved this weeks episodes though, very good, of course.

I thought the flashback of young Barbara (despite the awful wig) was acted quite well, she both looked and acted a lot like Barbara. Morag was also more in-character than she had been in the other flashback (in the hospital bed about to give birth). However I prefer the flashback of the even younger Morag and Celia playing on the beach.

What does Celia say her doll is called? Is there some significance to it?

The Aussie twang was far too strong in Donald and Morag's flashback characters though. Both their accents always sounded considerably English to me.

I read your comment before I actually watched the episode - I wasn't expecting them to be that bad! :lol: It was like they had the script right in front of them and were just reading it.

Everything about those scenes was dodgy, except the writing, which, of course was spot on s usual in those days. The wig was horrendous! I do love the idea behind the flashback sequences though, I think they bring a lot of depth to the story.

Cheerio Alison.

Didn't actually realise that she and Vicki overlapped slightly, OK, one episode.

I think that the Fletcher family, having lost 3 kids last year feels pretty weak at this moment, especially since one of them is Sally and that their scenes so far this year don't quite have the charm that the family had at the begining of last year.

I guess after the way the Morag/Bobby storyline has dominated the past fortnight, they perhaps needed to ease down on it, but a few of todays storylines had me racking my brains trying to remember just where we were with them.

I wonder who's writing the anonymous letters to Alf/Alisa and Bobby.

If it's not Alison or Roo. I have a thought at who it might be. Bobby's dad, the guy she grew up with. He recently got out of jail right. So maybe he wants to stir up some trouble and wants to tell her the truth in a twisted sort of way.

Maybe Stacey's fiance? That's my gut feeling.

I win! :cool:

Look's like Roo's going to have to defend herself tomorrow.

Certainly a strange aura of some sort to the show during a period of the show of around 30 episodes where I think I've seen one mere scene (Fisher peering through the flat window at some point) and I think it's the overwhelming use of the Nicholas/Macklin based storyline that I thinks taking away some of my enjoyment. Perhaps not overwhelming, but the feeling that some of the simplicity of the first years is getting chewed up by one of these developement stories - of which I still can't remember a good one.

Also, I know Ailsa's pregnant and Bobby just back from honeymoon, but it feels as if they are never at their business.

Archived