1989 Episode Discussion

Guest Dan F

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stacey is awesome, one of my favourite characters.

And I've noticed that Phillip's a much better actor when he's not being so serious and joking around a bit. When he's trying to act all serious he's pretty average. I like having him on the show though, good guy.

But for a doctor, wouldn't you expect he'd have more intelligence than to have to ask around for help on how to talk to Stacey where a simple "Hi Stacey, how are you" to her face would suffice?? I find this quite bizarre to be honest....... :unsure:

I find you quite bizarre to be honest.

Huh? :unsure: What do you mean by that??

Don't you know what I am getting at I mean don't you remember the scenes not so long ago when Phillip was going to "Pippa" for advice about how to talk to Stacey??

Didn't strike you as a little bit weird someone with the intelligence of a doctor asking for "Pippa"'s advice like a 14-year-old??

how long till stacey leaves

on another note leanne is quite entertaining

I'm afraid Stacey is going to be with us for awhile yet, at least 6 months I think, till

after her "affair" with Andrew Foley washes over

in the 400s.

I love the balloons (little marilyn), she is as dumb as Martin who can't get his trouser legs even.

EDIT: Sorry about letting that spoiler slip.

Stacey is awesome, one of my favourite characters.

And I've noticed that Phillip's a much better actor when he's not being so serious and joking around a bit. When he's trying to act all serious he's pretty average. I like having him on the show though, good guy.

But for a doctor, wouldn't you expect he'd have more intelligence than to have to ask around for help on how to talk to Stacey where a simple "Hi Stacey, how are you" to her face would suffice?? I find this quite bizarre to be honest....... :unsure:

I find you quite bizarre to be honest.

Huh? :unsure: What do you mean by that??

Don't you know what I am getting at I mean don't you remember the scenes not so long ago when Phillip was going to "Pippa" for advice about how to talk to Stacey??

Didn't strike you as a little bit weird someone with the intelligence of a doctor asking for "Pippa"'s advice like a 14-year-old??

I see what you are getting at but if you look at how Phillip is out of the doctor context, it makes perfect sense. He may be intelligent enough to become a doctor, but he obviously lacks experience in the love department...probably too busy studying! It doesn't seem strange to me that a doctor can be so out of touch romantically, everyone's wired differently.

Martin's daft trouser shenanigans had me laughing out loud at points, particularly when all was revealed to Stacey! ha

Bobby also had me laughing when shoe told the shop assistant she had dog breath.

Nice cliffhanger, looking forward to next week!

Archived