1989 Episode Discussion

Guest Dan F

Yeah I think Morag also hates Bobby becuase she is secretly repressing a maternal love towards her and doesn't like the thought of having a child who is so 'common', its about pride and the life she has created for herself... She was at the church in tears... That's my interpretation of it.

True - those tears at the church must have come from some sort of feeling of love... no matter how twisted.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes that is the last we see of Leanne and she left with the bikie to stop him killing Martin

It's so unrealistic though. Why would she leave with him when she didn't love him? Ever hear of calling the cops? And why have that line about Lance and her becoming friends?

Just another thing - I am very disappointed with the whole "2 weeks later" thing. That just didn't suffice for me. We didn't get to see how Bobby dealt with Fisher being her real father, and Alf/Celia/Barbara being her uncles/aunties.

Btw, when is the next scene with Morag and Bobby? They've been entertaining so far.

I can understand why ol' Vera hates Morag but why does Alf also hate her so much, and what drives flamin' Alf into being so passionate about defending Bobby against Morag?

I made an alert "BEEP" sound on my computer where Alf tells Morag "I'VE HAD A GUTFUL OF YOU"

He really sticks the knife into her really deep, reminding her again and again and again she has no friends left in this town, like he is determined to make her life hell and it is not even his fight (it's Bobby's, isn't it?)

Archived