1989 Episode Discussion

Guest Dan F

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I notice they seem to have skipped a few episodes, are you sure this is Episode 276 not 286? We missed the recap of Mr Fisher and Bobby at the end of the previous episode, and instead we go straight to the Diner where ol' Vera tells Bobby we weren't talking about you, and Bobby says we don't give out family freebies.

I notice they seem to have skipped a few episodes, are you sure this is Episode 276 not 286? We missed the recap of Mr Fisher and Bobby at the end of the previous episode, and instead we go straight to the Diner where ol' Vera tells Bobby we weren't talking about you, and Bobby says we don't give out family freebies.

At the beginning of the episode,it said it was 2 weeks later on the screen.It's so great to be able to watch these classic episodes all over again.I wish so many of these characters were still on the show,especially Bobby.She was always my favorite.Loved how she got rid of Celia in today's episode :lol: .

The show was so much better back in 1989.The storylines and characters were far more interesting than they are now.

She blamed Bobby for telling the world what she thought of her on television i.e saying that she'll hate the slime bag til the day she dies. You have to remember that Morag is a high profile judge and well known public figure so to have her daughter say that on TV - plus you know Morag, she already hates' the little dero'. She started off calling the station to stop the interview, but then Bobby said what she did and Morag was obviously humiliated by what she said etc

You have to remember that Morag is a high profile judge and well known public figure so to have her daughter say that on TV

Yes I know that she is a well known public figure. In fact I posted on another forum that it made no sense last year when Morag told Charlie "Not many people know this about me but I had a child that I gave away". EVERYBODY knew because it was splashed all over the papers and everybody in Summer Bay surely knows because small towns don't forget that kind of scandal so I'm sure LOTS of people know (and I find it hard to believe that Charlie herself didn't already find out from someone)! Anyway...

Back to the topic, I still don't understand why Morag thinks it's Bobby's fault. If Morag hadn't been so awful to Bobby in the first place, Bobby would not have had those mean things to say about her! Why does nobody just sit Morag down and explain this to her in straight forward English?

It WAS good seeing Roo FINALLY pull Morag up for her behaviour. In the past she has seen how Morag treats people (eg Celia) but let it slide because Morag has always had Roo's back. It was good to see her tell Morag that the way she treats people is not acceptable. And while Roo's little rant did usher Morag into going to the Fletcher's and apologising, I don't think she's really going to change any time soon.

Yeah I think Morag also hates Bobby becuase she is secretly repressing a maternal love towards her and doesn't like the thought of having a child who is so 'common', its about pride and the life she has created for herself... She was at the church in tears... That's my interpretation of it.

Archived