1989 Episode Discussion

Guest Dan F

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've checked the episode guides on the main site and apparantely episode 281 features a complete credit overhaul, so I'm assuming it airs as of then. I don't remember ever seeing the Frank/Bobby shot, so I've got the credit anticipation buzz. I missed that :(

I'm still lagging behind in the 1988 episodes (not that I mind, they're amazingly good :P ), but only 11 more and I'll have caught up. I'm really looking forward to the flashback episode!

1992 sees a pretty stable cast with I believe 2 arrivals and 3 departures, but don't know how long each varations run for.

I think they probably had three different sets of credits that year, the longest one was probably the one with Simon and Marilyn before they took them off and replaced them with Shane and Damian(if they'd been using that since the start of the year it would have been 150 episodes).I don't remember for sure but they probably took Lou off when she left and had Nick on his own, then there was a complete overhaul for 1993.

Thanks RR.

Been reading the books they brough out to go with the series this weekend, and I'd always imagined they were additional stories or something, but reading the "Bobby and Frank" book, it is really just the actual episodes copied word for word.

The individual character ones were more rewarding I found. Long time since I've read them, but the Bobby one for example filled us in on her background up until the moment the Fletchers drove into the Caravan Park. The Carly/Steven and Frank ones also did the same - think they mainly ended on when they were introduced into the family.

Good to see that Kim Patterson wasn't a figment of anyone's imagination. I can so see her having scenes with Sally and getting on like a house on fire.

It was great that Ailsa kicked Allison out of the Diner. She had the whole joint's attention and she was definitely pushing her luck after being told not to talk about Carly that she happens to start talking about Bobby. Ailsa is very protective of her business partner and I hope that Allison won't get up to any more mischief whilst Ailsa's on guard.

Seems that Roo is doing her best to mature, she's getting along with Frank much better but still you'd have to think that there is more to her character than just suddenly turning over a new leaf.

Looks like Carly is in for a rough trot but at least she has had professional advice and with the support of her family she hopefully will come out a stronger and hopefully a better character with a lot less dramas for her repeat year of Year 12.

Yeah but what business of it of Alsa's??? Why does Alsa need to stick her nose and interfere with everyone else's affairs?? I mean Carly has nothing to do with Bobby, and Alsa's relationship to Bobby (given the age difference) having being described as a "friendship", is a tiny little bit morbid. Is Alsa like a mother to Bobby? If that is the case why didn't she live with her anymore than the short time around Roo's wedding.

Interesting to see Carly's recovery from alcoholism. Even though the cold turkey is a torturous 72 hours, it seems easier for her to get off the grog than real-life alcoholics (same with Irene whose recovery was even more quick/easy).

Alison's antics seem to get more nasty by the minute. So mean of her to fish for what Carly's problem is and asking Roo to put itching powder in Bobby's wedding dress (so pathetic).

Knowing who Bobby's parents are takes all the mystery out, but i'm looking forward to seeing how she finds out and Morag/Don's reactions.

Archived