1989 Episode Discussion

Guest Dan F

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I absolutely love Phillip. I think he's the best looking of the males.

Interesting you should say that, I think Philip is the first example of casting on looks rather than acting ability. At first Philip just seemed to lack charisma or any ability to act, then he improved, but since the season return the acting has suddenly been abysmal again.

Do we get flashback sequences between Donald and Morag too, then?

I really love seeing Pippa's tough side. It's amazing how Pippa is just a typical housewife/mother and yet she's as tough as nails.

I really prefer Vanessa's Pippa as she gave her more personality and while Debra made most of the touching scenes, her personality was only being a mother.

How many times has the alternative version of the Celia/Fisher credit been shown? I only spotted it once so far.

I have always felt the pace of the 1989 season is just a little bit faster, in a good way, than that of 1988. Still nice and character focussed, but also just a little more storyline driven. J'adore all the flashbacks of old Summer Bay.

Trying to work out whether or not these are the longest running set of credits in the history of the show that contained cast, either 100 or 95 episodes, something like that.

I could be wrong but didn't the 1995 credits (the one with Shannon and Selina on the jet ski) run well into 1996?

IIRC, Travis, Steven and Kelly are added towards the end of the season 1995 and then Shane dies 1876 (?) and Angel gets a shot by herself, so I don't think those ones last more than 70-80 episodes. 1992 sees a pretty stable cast with I believe 2 arrivals and 3 departures, but don't know how long each varations run for.

Archived