Piece Of Me

Guest Laura

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow brilliant update!!

So Jack's back and has made it pretty clear that its Martha he wants <_< I think its a bit selfish on his part but anyway I'll let him off because well because its Jack :P I wonder who will she choose.

I hope theres a huge confrontation coming up with Rachel and Jack because its Jack's "death" that drove Tony to suicide.

Not to mention how Jack will feel when he finds out he caused his death :(

I hope Macca's arrested and locked up :D

Poor Roman :(

And Jack! How is gonna react when he finds out Tony killed himself for no reason? Hope he feels guilty as, sorry but i have no sympathy for him! And is Rachel going to find out he's alive? No doubt she'll have a few words to say to him.... :(

:o Roman was the one who was shot! Don't tell me Katie managed to get away! <_<

Martha has a major decision to make although she said it herself: Roman "was always second best to" Jack. She just has to follow her heart. :)

Poor Charlie! I hope she'll arrest her rapist!

Poor Jack! He is going to be devastated when he finds out about Tony. :( I understand if Rachel is angry with him when she sees him but how was Jack supposed to know Tony would kill himself? He knows his dad, brother and Martha would be devastated but he couldn't have guessed one of them might kill themselves.

More please.

I wasn’t sure what to expect but that was a really well presented chapter. I thought the interaction between Martha and Jack was very believable and I loved the part where Jack said he needed to explain and Martha gave him five minutes. I was thinking any conversation they had now would be a lot longer than five minutes. I see Martha’s done a lot of growing up over the past four years. She’s obviously thinking more of her kids than anything else. Can’t wait to read what happens with Charlie.

Thanks so much KaiyaBlake, lino, Sarah, Red Ranger 1, Emma, Kevin Kirsty, Barbara and Slade :D

I don't know what happened to this chapter. It turned out worse than I thought it would :( But I'm really going to try and update more often.

Chapter 16

“Can you tell us what happened today?” Charlie just began to question Macca. They were sitting in the interview room.

“Why? You already know, don’t you?”

“All we know is there was a shooting and Roman is in hospital. And if you’re going to make this difficult for us, you will be in even more trouble”

“Well some lunatic kidnapped…” Macca paused not sure what to say.

“Kidnapped who?”

“Martha. And I went there to save her and that’s when Roman came in and got shot”

“So this person who kidnapped her had no reason whatsoever of doing so?”

“How should I know?”

“Look Macca, we know you have been on the run for police because of what you did to your ex girlfriend”

“Why didn’t you just say that’s what this is about instead of pretending it’s about Roman?”

“It is about Roman. But we need to know if this is linked to you. So if you aren’t willing to cooperate then we will just hold you here until you do”

“Can you do that?”

“Look, Macca, just answer a few questions and then that’s that”

“Fine. Donna, the person holding J... Martha hostage is my ex girlfriends mum. You know what I did and she was out for revenge. She had a gun, there was a bit of a struggle and then Roman turned up just as the gun went off. Not much else I can tell you.”

“Did she mean to shoot Roman?”

“No. But she was probably going to shoot one of us”

“Can you tell us what Donna looks like?”

“Martha’s new friend. The one who supposedly just moved here”

“Oh the one Martha was with at the Diner having lunch with the other day?”

“Yeah”

“OK we’ll start a search for her. Why did Donna want revenge?”

“Look Charlie. Constable Buckton. Why do I need to answer these when you already know everything?”

“Just answer the question”

“Because I’m the reason her daughter has brain damage! Happy now?”

“No, I’m just doing my job”

“Well have you got enough information now to let me go?”

“If you’re not willing to answer then we can’t force you but…”

“So can I go see Martha now then?”

“But we can’t let you go”

“What?”

“We can’t let you go. You will be facing charges for assault, not to mention that you have been on the run from us”

“But I need to see Martha!”

“That isn’t my problem. Do you really think she wants to know you right now?”

“I have to explain”

“Sorry you will be remanded in custody until the hearing”

“I don’t believe this!”

“You don’t have anyone but yourself to blame”

Martha was sat by Roman’s beside. He still hadn’t woken up. Martha took hold of his hands and started talking to him. “Roman, we’re meant to be getting married. You have to wake up. What are the kids going to do without you? What am I going to do without you? I love you, Roman”

Martha turned around when she heard someone come in.

“How are you, Martha?”

“Rachel, why hasn’t he woken up? You said he’ll be awake in a couple of hours so why isn’t he?”

“Martha, its normal. Some people take longer to wake up than others”

“But what if he doesn’t wake up?”

“Martha, he’ll be ok. Why don’t you go home and get some sleep. It’s getting late”

“No. I’m not leaving till I know he’s ok”

“What about the kids?”

“I called Leah. They’re with her”

“You really should go home and get some rest. I’ll call you when he wakes up”

“I said no, Rach”

It was 4am and Martha had fallen asleep. Her head was resting on Roman. Roman began to stir. “M…Martha?” he whispered taking the oxygen mask off.

“Martha” he said again but she didn’t hear him.

A doctor came in to check on Roman. “Roman, my names Doctor Young. Can you hear me?”

“Yeah”

“Good. Now can you tell me you are here?”

“Shot. I… was shot”

“Good. Are you in any pain?”

“No”

Martha woke up. “Oh my god Roman, are you ok?”

“Yeah, I’m ok”

“Thank god. I was so scared”

“I’ll leave you both to be alone for a bit and I’ll come and see you later” Dr Young said, then left the room.

“Thanks” Martha said turning back to Roman.

“Martha, Jack’s alive” Roman said.

“I know. I can’t believe it”

“Did you know before today?”

“What? Of course not”

“Sorry. I just can’t believe it. Do you know why he pretended to be dead?”

“Yeah but I’ll tell you about it later. You need your rest”

Roman turned over and shut his eyes. He didn’t say anything but he knew this mean this was the end for him and Martha.

Martha stayed there till 9am the next day when Roman insisted she went home. As she pulled up outside the house, she noticed someone sitting outside, waiting for her. He got out the car when he saw her.

“Jack, please go”

“Martha, we have to talk”

“No we don’t. Not yet”

Martha carried on walking, and as she got to the front door, Jack ran after her.

“Can I come in?”

“OK. But not for long. I have to go back out again soon”

“OK. Thanks”

Martha went and put the kettle on and went and sat on the sofa which Jack wasn’t on.

“So?”

“Have you thought about what you said yesterday? If you want to be with me or Roman?”

“Yes. No. Well a bit but I can’t really think with Roman in hospital”

“Right. Martha, I love you so much and I know I did the wrong thing but at the time I thought it was best”

“I know you believe you did the right thing, but we have been through so much together and we would’ve got through that together”

“Martha, I was just worried for you, and Dad and Lucas”

“You know, whoever you choose Martha, I’m going to be part of your life forever. We have a son together”

“I know”

“I’ve been thinking. I’m going to tell Dad today. And Lucas. Then I can think about everyone else. But I want you to be there when Dad finds out”

“Jack…” Martha began to get all teary knowing that she was going to have to tell him about Tony. She went and sat over next to Jack.

“Jack, I have to tell you something” She paused knowing this would break his heart.

“It’s about your Dad. Tony’s dead”

Martha put her arms around Jack. He didn’t say anything for a minute, and then just burst into tears. He spent the next half hour crying in Martha’s arms.

“So what do you make of this Macca case then?” Watson and Charlie were in the station, just about to leave for lunch.

“I don’t know. I don’t think he means to hurt anyone”

“Still ran away from the cops”

“Yeah I guess” Charlie said, thinking about how Martha must be feeling. She wasn’t watching where she was going and bumped into some guy. He was the one of the guys she saw messing about outside the police station the other day.

“Get off me!” Charlie screamed.

“Get off me now!”

Charlie was frozen on the spot. The guy just smiled at her and said “See you around” and walked off, laughing to himself. She walked as fast as she could to the car. Watson shouting after her. “Charlie, what is it? Who was that guy?” Charlie ignored her and was trying to get the key in the door but she couldn’t. She burst into tears.

She now knew why she thought she recognised him the other day. He was the guy who raped her.

Charlie confesses everything to Watson. Rachel doesn’t take the news of Jack very well. Who sees Jack visiting Tony’s grave?

Oh my :( Poor Jack.

Well at least Roman is willing to accept that this means the end for him and Martha :P But knowing you, you'll put some twist in there!

Hope Rachel isn't too hard on Jack, but I'd get how upset she'd be!!

Loved it. Can't wait for more :D

Roman thinks his relationship with Martha will be over soon. If Jack is going to be in Martha's life forever because of little Jack, then Roman will also be in her life forever because of Brooke.

Poor Jack! He wanted to tell Tony he was still alive and fiinds out his dad died. :(

Poor Charlie! Seeing your rapist walk around freely must be so hard. Hopefully Watson will convince her to arrest him and she won't have to see him again.

More please.

Archived