Piece Of Me

Guest Laura

I keep falling behind every time you post an update. Anyway,

CHAPTER 9 – Some really good stuff between Charlie and Angelo. He obviously has anger management issues and needs help. But I guess that’s not Charlie’s problem anymore.

I’m sure Martha loves Roman but it looks as though he will always be playing second fiddle to Jack.

I wonder if the angle you are getting at with your fic is about 3 women that are stuck in relationships which aren’t right for them.

CHAPTER 10 – Karen’s definitely up to no good. It was a bit reminiscent of the first meeting between Martha and Bridget but I think Martha started the conversation that time.

“It’s great. Everyone I have met round here is really nice. With the exception of a crazy stalker a couple of years ago and a few others”

“A stalker?! Ok I think I have moved to the wrong place” Karen laughed.

This line made me think that if anyone went up to Alf and asked the same thing they would have been put of coming to Summer Bay for good.

I see Charlie’s back to defensive mode.

CHAPTER 11 – Angelo is turning out to be a nasty piece of work.

Well at least Karen didn’t tell Martha she had cancer as well. Dying to find out what happens next.

I don’t know why you think these chapters are bad because I think the exact opposite. Still really enjoying this.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks so much Kevin, KaiyaBlake, Sarah, Red Ranger 1, Bethan_Paige, Barbara, Kirsty and Slade :D

I wonder if the angle you are getting at with your fic is about 3 women that are stuck in relationships which aren’t right for them.

That's not how I intended it to seem, but it just kind of ended up like that. But the stuff what's coming up, isn't really about their relationships as much. Can't say too much, don't want to give anything away :wink:

I know I haven't updated in a while but I will tomorrow. I've already written half a chapter, will finish that and post tomorrow :)

Edit: I know I said I would update yesterday but I haven't. Sorry! :( But I'll do two or three chapters this weekend :)

This chapter is soo long :( Hope you don't get bored :P

Chapter 12

“A flat white”

“I wish people had more manners” Colleen muttered to herself, walking into the kitchen.

It had been 1 week since Charlie found out the truth about Angelo. She had gone to stay in the city with Morag and her dad. She needed time to think, without having to see Angelo everywhere.

“Here you go”

“Thanks, Colleen”

“I haven’t see you around lately, Constable Buckton”

“I’ve been in the city”

“Oh, visiting your father and Morag?”

“Yes”

“How are they?”

“Good. I have to go now”

Charlie turned around, to see another unwanted face.

“Hi Charlie” Martha said.

“Hi”

“How are you?”

“Good”

“Morag told me you started the treatment last week, how are you?” Charlie added, with a hint of concern in her voice”

“I’m alright thanks”

“OK. I have to go”

“Look Charlie, I’m really sorry” Martha grabbed Charlie’s arm, who was about to walk out of the diner.

“Roman and I are having our engagement party tonight. It’s at the Surf Club. I’d love it if you came”

“No, sorry, I can’t”

“Please. I really miss you. I know I shouldn’t have said anything but I was just trying to help”

“How are you and Angelo?” Martha asked

“Were not together anymore”

This time Martha couldn’t stop Charlie from leaving the diner.

“Do I get an invite?”

Martha heard a familiar voice from behind her, and spun around.

“Macca! What are you doing here?”

”I wasn’t going to miss my sister’s engagement party now, was I?”

“How did you know it was tonight?”

“Well seeing as my own sister didn’t call me and let me know, Roman did”

“He never said”

“Well we wanted it to be a surprise. A good one, I hope” He added.

“Yeah of course, come here”

Martha grabbed him and hugged him. She never realized just how much she missed him.

“Anyway, Macca, I have to go. Told Grandad I’d work at the Surf Club this afternoon”

“OK. I’ll see you tonight”

“Yep. Bye”

Macca went over an ordered an orange juice, and once he got it, he sat down and noticed all the disapproving looks he got from Colleen. She was the only person who hadn’t forgiven him for what he did to Cassie. Everyone believed he’d changed. Even Macca himself thought it, but now he had a big problem and he couldn’t see a way out of it.

As Charlie entered the police station, she ignored Constable Watson trying to talk to her. She stomped round looking for Angelo.

“Where’s Angelo?”

“Erm, I don’t know”

“Well when did you last see him?”

“About half an hour ago. He went on his lunch break”

“I need to speak to him now. Call him and say you need him back”

“Charlie, what is it?”

“Constable Buckton”

“Sorry”

“OK well I’ll go find him” She ignored Watson once again, as she ran out the police station. She began searching for her keys in her bag and when she heard some guys messing around behind her, she spun around. Looking at them, she was confused. She was sure she recognised the tall one with the cap and had this horrible feeling. “I’ve probably just seen him at the Surf Club or diner” she thought to herself.

She found her keys and got in the car. ‘Hey, where are you? I need to see you’. Charlie sent the message to Angelo and put the keys in the ignition. She was pulling away from the station when her phone beeped. ‘I’m at the diner. I’ll wait for you. Love you x’ She threw her phone down. She didn’t know what she was going to say to him or how he would react.

“Oh no” She slammed her foot down on the break and quickly got out the car.

“I’m so sorry. Are you alright?”

“You almost hit me with your car. You should look where you’re going”

“I know, I know. Sorry”

“Yeah right” They guy she almost hit just walked off. Charlie got back in her the car and headed for the diner.

“Charlie” Angelo sat up from the table he was sitting at when he spotted Charlie.

She stood there for a moment then said to Angelo “I want to talk”

“Yeah. Of course. Sit down”

“No, not here. In the car”

“Oh, er, ok”

“I need to know what happened with you and Joey. When she lied about you beating her up”

“What? You know everything. She lied. That’s that”

“Before I went away I spoke to Joey. She told me that you threatened her and made her tell me it was a lie”

“No! I wouldn’t do that you know that Charlie”

“Don’t lie! I know the truth and it isn’t what you told me”

“Charlie…”

“Don’t even think about trying to deny it”

“OK she was telling the truth. But I did it for us! I love you so much and I couldn’t bear not being with you” Angelo was close to tears as he knew he would probably never get her forgiveness.

“Angelo, you assaulted an innocent girl! All because you were jealous of her or something?” Charlie was shouting at the top of her voice by this point.

“I know. I was wrong. I’ll do whatever it takes to make it up to you”

“There isn’t anything you can do. I HATE YOU!”

“Please Charlie. You don’t mean that”

“Yes I do! And if you…”

“Please just calm”

“And if you ever come near me again, I swear I’ll report you and make sure you’re put behind bars!”

“Now get out!

Charlie leaned over Angelo and opened the door. He had just undone the seat belt when Charlie pushed him out the car and slammed the door shut. Angelo stood up as he saw Charlie’s car go out of sight.

He looked around and saw people staring at him. Pointing and laughing. He ran to his car, wanting to get home as soon as possible.

Martha was trying on different dresses for tonight’s engagement party. She walked down the stairs and into the living room for the fourth time before saying to Rachel “What about this one?”

“I prefer the last one you tried on”

“No I think I prefer the first one. Or maybe the second one. Oh I don’t know”

“Just wear whichever. You look nice in all of them”

“Rach, I’m getting the feeling you don’t want to be here. If you’d rather go, I don’t mind”

“No, it’s not that, Martha. I just can’t stop thinking about Hugo. You’re here all happy and excited about the engagement party and the wedding and my life has fallen apart”

“I’m sure it’s not that bad. Hugo will take you back soon enough”

“Are you sure about that? He thinks I’m an alcoholic and I slept with another man!

Angelo slammed the door shut. He had just got home. He couldn’t even remember the drive home. He was so upset and angry at himself he couldn’t think of anything. He went to the kitchen and got a glass out from the cupboard and the bottle of vodka which he had. He stood there with the bottle in one hand and the glass in the other. Before he could pour anything he threw the glass across the room and it smashed into dozens of little pieces.

He sat down on the sofa and buried his head in his hands. He sat there rocking backwards and forwards for a few seconds. He couldn’t sit still. He got up and started walking round the room. Charlie’s words echoed in his head. “I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!” He had heard those words so many times.

A little boy, about the age of 9, was sitting in a dark room. The door burst open.

“I was told you got in trouble at school today”

“No. I didn’t”

“Don’t lie to me!”

“Dad, I’m really sorry. It wasn’t my fault”

“I don’t want to hear it. I don’t know why you behave like this”

“But…”

Before he could say anything else, a fist had hit him across the face. And then in the stomach.

“I hate you! I’m ashamed to even say you’re my son!” The dirty looking man then spat in his son’s face.

Angelo was sitting on the floor in the corner of the room. Sweat and tears were pouring down his face at the thought of his childhood. He didn’t know what he did to deserve this sort of life.

“Knock, knock. It’s me”

“Hey Macca, come in”

“Thanks. I thought I’d come round and keep you and Rachel company”

“Well Rach has just left. But you can always do the dishes what I was meant to do earlier”

He started laughing. “Ha ha. No thanks. I think I will just sit around here, annoying my little sister”

“I have missed you Macca. It’s been 2 years since we last saw each other and we barely speak on the phone. You have to stay in contact more often”

“I know. I’ll try”

“What keeps you so busy? Girlfriend?”

“Erm, no”

You sure about that?” Martha asked seeing the look on his face. She could always tell when he was lying.

“It’s complicated”

“It always is with you, Macca”

Martha looked up at the clock and noticed the time. 2 hours till the party.

The party had been going for 45 minutes. Everyone was having a good time and the engagement seemed even more real now.

“Hey my beautiful fiancée. Wanna dance?”

“Sure”

“Hey” Rachel said to Hugo. He didn’t reply

“What? I get the full silent treatment now do I?”

“I don’t feel like talking to you right now”

“What, just right now or ever again?”

“Rachel, leave me alone please”

“Fine” She got the message. She didn’t need Hugo to be happy. She needed some fun she thought to herself. Picking up a glass of champagne, she downed it and got another. She’ll show Hugo she doesn’t want him she thought.

Martha had finished dancing when she spotted Karen.

“Hey, you made it”

“Yeah, of course” Karen smiled.

“Everyone seems to be having a good time” she added.

“Yeah. Oh I want you to meet my brother”

“Your brother?” Karen sounded shocked.

“Yeah he’s here in town”

“Macca, over here” Martha shouted over the bar.

“I want you to meet my friend. This is Karen. Karen this is Macca”

“How very nice to meet you” Karen said to him.

“Erm, you too” Macca couldn’t believe it. “What the hell is she doing here?” he thought to himself. He was scared she was going to follow through on her threat.

“Martha never mentioned she had a brother”

“Oh right”

“I’m going to go speak with Grandad” Martha walked over to the other side of the room”

Macca grabbed hold of Karen’s arm and dragged her through the Surf Club.

“Let go of me”

“Come outside”

“I just want to enjoy the party”

“Now” Macca sounded a cross between worried and angry.

“What the hell are you doing here?”

“I did tell you what I was going to do”

“I thought you said that in the heat of the moment”

“No Macca. Look, you hurt my family, now it’s time for me to hurt your family”

What did Macca do? Hugo takes Rachel back. Charlie sees the guy who raped her. And Martha receives a threatening letter.

Whoa brilliant chapter !!

So it looks like Karens out for some sort of revenge. I hope she doesn't hurt Martha or anybody :(

Rachel and Hugo get back together next time . Yay :)

I loved Martha trying on lots of different dresses :lol:

Aww and poor Angelo :( he was abused when he was little :(

I hope himself and Charlie can sort out their problems

Archived