Piece Of Me

Guest Laura

:o Jack is alive!!! :D I wonder what happened to him these last four years. :unsure:

How did Karen manage to find Jack? :unsure: Everyone thought he was dead and she found him and tied him to a chair.

I hope it was Karen/Donna who was shot. Martha can't have been shot as she's running over to Jack and she'll have to choose between him and Roman in the next chapter. :)

Can't wait for the next chapter!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack's back...Well, that's gonna take some explaining.

How did Karen manage to find Jack? :unsure: Everyone thought he was dead and she found him and tied him to a chair.

All will be revealed in the next chapter :wink:

Wasn’t expecting that. Jack’s back. This looks really interesting now. So where has he been hiding for the past four years? Assuming Martha gets out of this I can’t wait to see what happens with Roman. Also like to see a bit more of Charlie and Angelo and their love hate relationship. Regarding the gunshot it would probably be best if Macca did die since he is beyond redemption now, although that would mean that he wouldn't have a chance to face up to what he did.

Thank you so much Kevin, KaiyaBlake, Sarah, lino, Red Ranger 1, Barbara, Stephy, Slade & Kirsty :D

Chapter 15

"Jack, Jack, are you alright?" Martha was on the floor beside Jack. As the sound of the gunshot went off, the chair had fallen onto the floor. Martha was panicking.

"Yeah... but Martha..." Jack pointed over to a guy by the door. There lay a guy on the floor in pain. He had just entered the room when the gun was fired and the bullet hit him in the stomach. He was holding it with one had and looked down at the other hand what was covered in blood.

"Roman! Roman, are you ok?" Martha was on the floor beside her fiancée. He was drifting in and out of consciousness.

"Please, Roman, wake up". Martha began to cry as his eyes closed and didn't open again.

Sirens were heard in the background and they kept getting louder and louder. Macca was sat in the corner of the room. His head buried in his knees, not wanting anyone to see his tears. Jack was still tied to the chair, looking at Martha crying over Roman.

Martha called as she heard the paramedics arrive. “Were up here”.

As they arrived they looked down at Roman and started to help him.

“Can you tell us what happened?” they asked Martha.

“Erm... erm…” She couldn’t speak. She was so scared he was going to die.

“We need you to tell us” the woman paramedic said.

“He was shot”

“Was it you who called us?”

“No, it was me” Macca told them.

After 5 minutes, they put Roman on a stretcher and carried them down to the ambulance.

Martha untied Jack and was about to question him about the last four years of his life but the paramedic called her so she ran down to go with Roman.

“Male, 34, was shot” doctors and paramedics were surrounding him as he was being wheeled away. “He need’s to go to theatre now. He’s losing a lot of blood” the doctor whose name tag said Dr Young. “Oh my god Roman” Rachel said, shocked at what was in front of her eyes. “You two know each other” one of the doctors asked. “Yeah we do. What happened? She asked. “He was shot. Were taking him to theatre now” Rachel stood there for a minute, thinking who could do such a thing. “OK I’m coming” Dr Young turned to her and said “Do you think that’s such a good idea. You know this patient and I don’t want your personal feelings getting in the way of his surgery” “I can’t just sit around doing nothing” “OK”

“Rachel is he going to be OK?”

“Martha, we can’t know anything until we get him into surgery. He has lost a lot of blood but once we have stabilized him and got him into surgery we’ll know a lot more. As soon as we know we’ll let you know”

“I’ll do everything I can, Martha” she added.

Martha sat down in the waiting area, trying to take everything in. She hadn’t been able to think about Jack being back with Roman at death’s door. But now all she could think about is Jack. “How can he be alive? How did Karen know he was alive?” So many questions she wanted answers for. She thought about how happy she had been and how much she wanted to get married to Roman. Less than 2 hours ago she was so happy but this changes everything.

She had sat there for 2 hours before Rachel came to see her. She quickly got up when she saw her.

“How is he, Rachel?”

“He’s stabilised. He’s still unconscious but he should wake up in a couple of hours. Would you like to see him?”

“Yeah”

“OK follow me”

They walked to the room he was in and when Martha saw him, she just thought he looked asleep. If she didn’t know he had been shot, she would never have guessed it.

She went and sat by his bed and held his hands. Rachel left the room which meant they were alone.

Half hour past, when Martha heard someone whisper her name from behind her.

She looked round. “Jack!”

“Ssh. I don’t want anyone else knowing I’m back yet”

“Are you stupid? Anyone could have seen you. Rachel’s working today”

“I know, I know. I need to explain”

Martha turned back to look at Roman lying there.

“Please”

“OK 5 minutes”

They went outside and ended up in Jack’s car.

“Martha, I’m so sorry. But I did this for you. You have to believe that”

“For me? Do you know what I have been through these last 4 years, thinking you were dead?”

“Please. It’s true”

“So why did you pretend to be dead”

“OK it all started when my mum died. The person who hit her was a friend of my dads. He fell in love with her and when my dad found out they had a big fight and he told him he was never going to get a chance with my mum. So he went out and got drunk and on his way home, he saw my mum. She was walking with Lucas when he hit her with the car. My dad never told me this until a year before we came to the Bay. Anyway John, that was his name, ran away when he found out she had died. He didn’t want to go to jail. 6 months ago I saw him. I wasn’t sure it was him at first, so I had been following him. I thought Angelo had something to do with it and that’s why I was investigating Angelo. Turned out he wasn’t part of it. But a month before I was shot, I arrested this guy for a string of different crimes. Assault, possession of drugs… Anyway he got sent down for 9 months and by pure coincidence it was John’s son. I kept getting threatening letters on my desk at work and at home from him saying my dad ruined his life all those years ago and now I ruined his son’s life. He vowed to get revenge. And he started by getting some guy to beat my best friend from the city. H ended up in hospital. He’s lucky he got away with no serious damage according to the doctors. And next he said he was going to hurt you and Lucas and Dad. And then kill me. There wasn’t any enough evidence to get him charged though I could have written the letters my self and that. So it was just a coincidence that I was shot at the development site that night. Fitzy was the only one who knew what was really going on and when she found out she got the paramedics to put me in a coma just like they did to Peter Baker as she had arranged for me to go into witness protection so no one else got hurt. I had no choice, Martha”

“What are you doing back here though?”

“I decided to come and see you. It had been 4 years and I had to see you. So I was spying on you one day when you were out on the beach when you collapsed. I couldn’t do anything but I decided to stick around for a bit to make sure you were OK. Then I followed you in my car one day and you ended up going to the hospital. I snuck in hoping no one would see me and that’s when I heard you talking about how your cancer had returned and that’s when you heard someone and came out. So I left.”

“It was you!”

“Yeah. And since then I have been staying at a hotel in Yabbie Creek. Not many people go there and I have just been keeping to myself. Then last night someone snuck into my room and hit me over the head and I was knocked out. Woke up a couple of hours later tied to a chair in that house. Said she wanted revenge cause of what Macca did”

“But how did she know you were alive?”

“Apparently you showed her a picture of me and she recognised me. She works at the hotel I have been staying at”

Martha couldn’t believe everything she had been told.

“Jack, don’t you realize what I have been through these last 4 years. How hurt I was? I thought I’d never be happy again. And you have been a big part of my relationship with Roman. It was like he was always second best to you” Martha burst into tears again. She didn’t know what to feel.

“Martha, please don’t cry. I hate seeing you like this” he put his arm around her but she moved it.

“You know I have two kids. Jack and Brooke. Jack’s your son”

“What? I’m a dad?” He smiled at the thought that he had a son.

“Yeah. You have missed out on four years of your son’s life Jack”

“Martha, what does this mean for us now?”

“I don’t know. I am supposed to be getting married to Roman soon”

“But do you really love him as much as you loved me?”

She couldn’t answer that.

“Maybe you should think about whether marrying him is the right thing”

“Jack, you can’t just come back into my life after 4 years of me thinking you are dead and start telling me what I should and shouldn’t do. I need time to think who I want to be with”.

“Sorry”

“What are you going to do now?”

“I think it’s time I faced up to things and come out of witness protection. I just need a bit of time first”

“Jack, I can’t promise you that I’ll choose you”

She got out the car and stood by the entrance of the hospital as she watched Jack’s car drive away.

She made her way up to Roman’s room when she noticed Charlie and Watson emerge from the other direction.

“Macca”

Macca got up as he heard his name being said.

“I need you to come down to the station and answer a few questions.

Jack finds out about Tony. Macca is questioned at the police station. Does he get let off? And Charlie sees the guy who raped her.

Archived