Piece Of Me

Guest Laura

Brooke and Jack are 3 and 4? Martha had a baby with another man so soon after Jack's death? I'm not happy with that! <_<

I wonder who Karen is. :unsure: I hope she won't hurt Martha, Roman or the kids.

Things don't look good for Charlie and Angelo. :(

The next chapter sounds interesting.

More please.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Kevin, Sarza, Kirsty, KaiyaBlake, Red Ranger 1, Charlene, crazylazy, Bethan Paige, Barbara & Sarah. Your comments mean so much :D

Chapter 11

Rummaging around in the bedroom looking for her lip gloss, Charlie wasn’t sure she was doing the right thing. She didn’t want to go through all the pain she went through before. “Maybe Joey doesn’t feel the same anymore, anyway” she thought to herself, worrying that she was going to make a fool of herself.

Charlie turned around to see Ruby standing in the doorway.

“Hey, where are you going all dressed up?”

“For dinner”

“Really? I thought you were staying here because Angelo and you were having problems”

“Yeah we are. Were going out to talk” Charlie said quickly. So it was a lie but she knew Ruby would disapprove if she knew she was meeting Joey.

“Well I hope everything goes well for you”

“Thanks. Have you got any lip gloss I can borrow?”

“Yeah. It’s in the bathroom”

“Thanks” After one last quick look in the mirror, she made headed out for the door.

“Hey, can I come in?”

“Yeah sure” Hugo didn’t look too happy about it though as Leah walked in.

“What can I do for you, Leah?”

“Hugo, please talk to Rach”

“I need more time”

“She loves you. And she never meant to hurt you. But you know how much kids mean to her and losing that child devastated her”

“I know. It was my child we lost too”

“I know but Hugo just talk to her. She is in pieces at my house”

“Well, just tell her have a drink. That normally helps”

“That’s not fair. She’ll be fine soon. She got through this before; she’ll get through it again. As long as you’re there for her”

“What do you mean she’s got through this before?”

“You know, when she started drinking after her mum died and Kim went missing”

“What?!”

“Didn’t you know?”

“No I didn’t”

Hugo, I’m so sorry. I just presumed she would have told you”

“No she didn’t. How can I be with someone who lies to me?”

“She didn’t lie. She just, er, didn’t tell you”

“Look Leah, I think you should leave”

“Please, let her come home”

“Now”

Leah rushed off out the door. She felt so bad about putting her foot in it. “I’m such an idiot” she muttered to herself as she put the key in the door of her car.

Charlie necked back her glass of wine. Joey was 20 minutes late. “She’s not going to show” Charlie thought to herself just as Joey walked in. “Wow” was all Charlie could think. She looked amazing. Joey took a sit opposite Charlie.

“Hi, you look lovely”

“Thanks. So do you”

“I’m so sorry I’m late”

“It’s ok. I didn’t think you were gonna come”

“Of course I came” Joey smiled as she said that.

They looked into each others eyes and it felt like all those years hadn’t passed.

45 minutes later, they finished eating.

“It’s a good job Colleen isn’t working tonight” Joey laughed

“Yeah it is. It would be all over town by tomorrow morning that we had dinner together if she was”

“Yeah”

“I told Ruby I was out meeting Angelo tonight”

Joey looked a bit offended “Why? Do you not want her to know we are in contact?”

“It’s not that. It’s just Ruby wouldn’t be too happy after how we ended things”

“I know”

“She doesn’t get that you lied because you loved me”

“Charlie…”

“What is it?”

“It doesn’t matter. Do you want dessert?”

“No there is something. Tell me Joey”

Joey took a deep breath before saying, “I didn’t lie. I was telling the truth all along”

“What? You admitted it”

“I said what I got told to say”

“But he wouldn’t do that”

“He would. And he did”

Charlie was so confused. But the more she thought about it, the more it made sense. She had seen how Angelo could be and she knew how much he hated Joey.

“Joey, I need you tell me everything”

“Angelo was the one who beat me up. And when I told you he did it, he came round to my place, and threatened me”

“What exactly did he say, Joey?”

“He said that I had to tell you I lied and that it wasn’t him. And if I didn’t, next time I wouldn’t be lucky enough to wake up”

“Joey, promise me you’re telling the truth”

Joey took hold of her hands and their eyes met. “Charlie, I swear”

The sun was shining brightly. Martha was walking along beach looking at all the smiling faces. She wished she was one of these people who had nothing to worry about. Unlike her. She had to go to the hospital tomorrow for some treatment. She had been through this before but she was just as worried as she was back then.

She carried on walking for a further 10 minutes before she spotted a familiar face sitting on the sand.

“Karen?”

“Hi Martha” Karen stood up as Martha made her way over.

“How are you?”

“I’m good. How are you?”

“Well to tell the truth I’ve been better”

“What’s up?”

“I have to go to the hospital tomorrow. “I have cancer” Martha added as she saw the confused look Karen’s face.

“Oh my god. I’m so sorry. I hope everything goes ok”

“Thanks”

“I’m sure you’ll be fine. And you have your boyfriend to support you. What’s his name again?”

“Roman”

“That’s the one”

“And you have two beautiful kids together, that’s something worth staying positive for”

“Actually, Jack, my eldest, isn’t his”

“Oh really?”

“Yeah. He’s my ex-husbands”

“Oh. Why did you break up?”

“He died”

“Oh I am so sorry. I had no idea”

“It’s ok”

“What was he like?”

“He was amazing. A cop”

“Oh wow”

“Actually, I have a photo of him in my purse. I’ll show you” Martha got the photo out from her purse and handed it to Karen.

“How long ago did he die?”

“4 years ago now”

Karen looked down at the photo and then back at Martha again and half heartedly smiled.

An old face makes a reappearance in the Bay. We learn a bit more about what Karen’s up to and why. And Angelo starts having flashbacks of his childhood.

Great update Laura !!

I cant believe Angelo beat Joey up :o and all hells gona break loose when Charlie confronts Angelo !! I cant wait

Aww Hugo is rejecting Rachel , and Leah's really put her foot in it this time .

who on earth is Karen :huh: I bet shes after Roman or Martha's kids :unsure:

I so cant wait for the next chapter. Angelos childhood sounds like its gona be very sad :( and yay we get some insight into Karens intentions

Wonder whos reappearing :huh:

An old face? I've learnt to not get my hopes up for Jack so... I hope it's someone good :)

I think Hugo's overreacting about Rachel lying to him. Its not like it was a bad thing she didn't tell him.

Karen's weird. I wonder what she's doing :o

Loved it. Can't wait for more ^_^

Oh, looks like Angelo's definitely finished although by the sound of the preview we may be getting some insight soon.Don't really understand Hugo's reaction:So Rachel didn't tell him about a painful incident in her past.It might suggest a lack of trust or intimacy but it's way short of lying.Looking forward to more.

Archived