Piece Of Me

Guest Laura

I wasn’t bored at all.

Interesting that you decided to bring Macca back and give the impression that he has completely changed. I liked that he had a connection to Karen and because she’s looking for revenge I guess we will find out if he is a different person now. I thought that Charlie might have seen her rapist too but I really hope she doesn’t hate Angelo and was just saying that out of anger. Either way her reaction and abruptness mean she definitely still has a thing for Joey. I guess with Angelo you’ve decided to subscribe to the theory that every cloud has a silver lining.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Macca is back. I wonder what he did to Karen's family and what Karen's plans are. :unsure:

Poor Angelo! :( I guess his father's behaviour can explain his behaviour towards Joey.

Rachel should stop drinking. She wants to show Hugo she doesn't need him and wants to have fun. She doesn't need to be drunk to have fun. :rolleyes:

More please.

Kevin, I really will update tonight :lol: But I'm trying to write at the moment and so far I haven't even written a word. I just don't know what to write :angry::( Writers block! :lol:

Edit: I'm still trying to write the next chapter but I actually can't even write a word. So I might still do it tonight but it might not be till tomorrow :(

Finally! An update :D I am going to write the next chapter soon and I have something good planned. I just hope it turns out good. Will be up in the next few hours :)

Chapter 13

It was a bright, sunny morning and Macca was sitting on the beach. He’d been up since 6am. He couldn’t sleep. All he could think about was “Karen”. He remembered the day he first met her. She was so kind and welcoming towards him. And now she was here. In the Bay, pretending to be Martha’s friend. Donna, his ex girlfriend’s mother going by the name Karen now, had every right to be angry. He knew that but it didn’t make him any else worried or angry.

Rachel was lying on the sofa, she was beginning to stir.

“Rach, are you awake?”

“Huh? Oh, yeah. I am” Rachel replied to Leah as she sat up. Leah passed her a cup of tea.

“Thanks”

“How are you feeling? You were pretty out of it last night”

“I know. But let’s just say that was me celebrating being single again. Hugo won’t take me back”

“He loves you, Rach. You two will work it out”

“No. You didn’t see the look in his eyes last night”

“I don’t blame him” she added. “I’ve decided. I’m going to start looking for a flat for me and Tasha and I’ll get the rest of my things later and bring them here. If that’s ok with you” Rachel quickly added.

“Yeah, yeah of course it’s fine. I just don’t want to see you upset again”

“Leah, I’ll be fine. Give it a couple of weeks and I won’t even think about Hugo”.

Rachel knocked on the door. It was her own home but she didn't want to just walk in. She didn't want any more arguments.

"Rachel, what are you doing here?"

"I came to get the rest of my things"

"What?!" he looked a bit shocked and hurt.

"Well there's no point them being here anymore. I'm going to look for a place for me and Tasha"

"OK. Come in"

Rachel made her way to the bedroom to get the rest of her clothes. Just as she did Hugo stopped her.

"Rachel. Wait. I don't want this"

"Really?" She half smiled, unsure if he meant what she hoped he did.

"Yeah. I love you. And yeah, you've made mistakes. But I wouldn't say I've been perfect and you have been through a terrible thing"

"So what does this mean?"

"It means I want you to move back. I'm not saying it's going to be easy or that it'll work out but I don't want to spend the rest of my life thinking 'what if'"

"Hugo I love you too. I promise I will stop drinking and will try and get back on track. It's been dreadful not being here with you. Not waking up next to you. And I have tried pretending I don't care but I do"

Rachel went over to Hugo and wrapped her arms around him. He gave her a soft kiss on her lips.

Martha made her way over to the counter in the diner and ordered a flat white. She spotted Macca sitting in the corner.

“Hey Macca”

“Earth to Macca” Martha added when he didn’t reply or even acknowledge she spoke to him.

“Oh sorry”

“What’s got into you?”

“Nothing” he replied quickly.

“Something’s up. You’ve been in your own little world since last night”

“Martha can’t you just leave it. I don’t want to talk about it”

“OK”

“I’m waiting for Karen”

“No!” Macca didn’t think about the fact that she would want to know why he really didn’t want her seeing Karen again when he said that.

“What? Why not”

“Er I need you to drive me to Yabbie Creek”

“Get the bus lazy” Martha laughed.

“Seriously, what’s up Macca? I’m worried now” Martha added.

“Nothing. Just promise me you won’t speak to D… Karen”

“What? Why?” Martha was confused.

“Just promise me”

“No. Not until you tell me why”

“Just be careful” Macca warned as he drank the last of his coffee and headed out and down to the beach.

Once outside, he was thinking of ways to get Karen to back off. “I could pay her off” he thought. “No. I have hardly any money”. He couldn’t go to the police. Not a day goes by when he doesn’t think about what he did. Surely that’s payment enough. Living with his guilt everyday. He was still the same guy he was all them years ago when he hurt Cassie. He tried to change but he couldn’t. Did it make him feel big to hurt girls or did he just lose him temper? He remembered the day like it was yesterday.

Macca knocked on the door. A pretty, young girl answered.

“Hey babe”

“When were you going to tell me?” he screamed at her.

“Tell you what?”

“You know what”

“That you wanted to finish with me” he added as he saw her look at him blankly.

“Who told you that?”

“Liam. He overheard you tell that stupid friend of yours!”

“I’m sorry. I was going to tell you. It hasn’t been working. Were always arguing and your temper scares me. After the first time you hit me, I’m scared you’ll do it again”

“I told you I wouldn’t. But you don’t trust me do you”

“I do”

“Don’t lie to me!”

“OK. No. No I don’t trust you. But can you blame me?”

Macca lifted up his fist and punched Jess in the face so hard she fell back and hit her head on the table. She just laid there. Macca thought she was just in pain at first then noticed she wasn’t moving.

“Jess, can you hear me? Please wake up” he started crying.

He went to see her in hospital a couple of days later. That was when he was told Jess had brain damage. And ever since then he’s been on the run from the police.

Martha arrived home from diner and thought about how great her life was right now. She had two beautiful kids, a gorgeous fiancée; she had her brother nearby and a great friend. Little did she know her life was about to be turned upside down.

She walked over to the table, where she spotted a white envelope with her name on it. She didn’t recognize the writing and wasn’t sure how it got there. She figured someone must have dropped it off and Roman put it there. She teared it open and began to read:

Martha, you can thank you dear brother for this letter. He has to pay for what he did to my little girl and our entire family. Now it’s my turn to hurt his family. I have someone you love here. And if you ever want to see that person again, then come to the old houses on Dunmore Road.

Martha makes her way over to the house. What does Karen have planned and who is she holding hostage? Also, she has a gun...

Archived