Piece Of Me

Guest Laura

Good update.Loved how you focused on Jack and everyone's reaction to him being back, apart from that bit at the start with Charlie which was good too.Liked Martha and Jack's different opinions on what to do about Rachel and I could see both their points of view.Liked Rachel and Hugo's reactions.I didn't think about how Angelo would react, that'll be interesting to see.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHAPTER 16 - Good update. After Charlie had been absent for a couple of Chapters getting her to interview Macca was a good way to bring her back. I quite liked that too, she was back to supercop mode.

Although Roman knows in his heart of hearts that Jack is the love of Martha’s life I’m a little surprised he decided to throw in the towel so quickly considering that they have a son together. I know Jack’s missed Martha but he can’t just expect to walk back in and have everything to go back to the way it was as there are children involved now.

Looking forward to seeing what happens with Charlie.

CHAPTER 17 – Really enjoyed that. I was laughing for most of that Chapter. The scene where Martha knocked on Rachel’s door to tell her then backed out at the last minute was good. And then when Jack decided to go and tell her anyway I could actually picture that too. Loved Hugo’s reaction to seeing him and then Jack’s after finding out about him and Rachel. I just loved the way you presented it in typical soap fashion i.e. everything seemed to be back on track for Rachel then her whole world came tumbling down. Perhaps Jack should have waited but there was no good time to do it and if she’d found out from someone else it would have been like “Why did I have to find out from…Colleen” or whoever would have put their foot in it.

Obviously we knew before hand that Charlie didn’t want to report the rape but interesting how with that scene it reminded me of the situation Joey was in previously.

Thank you everyone for you comments. They really mean a lot to me :)

I know I haven't updated for a while but I will have an update tomorrow and this time I mean it when I say tomorrow :lol: I might even have 2 chapters :D

Thank you everybody for your comments! :D

OK I have a week off next week so I am going to write quite a lot then cause there is some good stuff coming up (I hope) and I can't wait to write it.

Chapter 18

Jack got up from the ground he was kneeling on and started walking back to his car, which was parked just on the road, 2 minutes away from Tony’s grave. He thought it was deserted and that no one would see him. He caught sight of a guy standing up near a tree, just by his car. At first he didn’t recognize him but as he got closer and closer he realized who it was.

“Angelo”

“I thought you were dead”

“Let me explain mate”

“I’m not your mate”

“Sorry. But please give me 5 minutes to explain”

“Explain? How about I explain something to you! I went to prison for murder. And everyday I have lived with this guilt that I killed you. For four years. Do you know what that’s like?”

Jack thought about the girl he killed all those years ago, Emily Chambers. Although he never spoke about it, he still saw her face and felt just as guilty about it now as he did back then.

“This whole town hated me!” Angelo added as Jack stayed quiet.

“I would have rather of stayed in prison than come back to all these people I once called friends, hating me so much. Everywhere I went; whispers and nasty comments were made to me and behind my back. Because I killed Jack Holden. Everyone’s favourite cop! It took a long time for people to forgive me. But hey, looks like I went through hell for nothing because you’re alive”

“Listen Angelo, I am sorry. I had no choice. I was put in witness prote…”

“No choice? You had a choice. You didn’t have to let me and everyone else think I was a killer! You could have chosen not to go into witness protection”

“I had to protect my family”

“As long as you protect your family, it’s ok to let me face a long prison sentence! If there was enough evidence and I was found guilty, I would still be in prison today. But that isn’t the worst part. The worst part is everyone else believing I was a killer”

Jack knew he was right about everything he had said but he really didn’t mean for any of this.

“Just calm down and lets talk about this”

Before he could say anymore, Angelo had raised his fist and punched him in the mouth. Jack lifted his hand and felt his mouth and noticed all the blood on his hand.

“Stop this, Angelo. Please”

Angelo raised his fist again but this time Jack moved. He saw Angelo was ready to take another swipe at him and had to stop him before he lost control. Jack hit Angelo, hoping he’d stop now but Angelo just hit him again and next thing there were fists flying everywhere. Angelo punched Jack one last time, who then fell to the ground. Angelo spat at Jack and walked off, leaving him there on the ground.

Back at the station, Charlie had just arrived back from lunch. She was glad Watson wasn’t around because she couldn’t be dealing with her in her ear right now.

“Hey, Charlie, you ok? You seem a bit distracted” stated McGrath.

“What? Oh yeah, fine” she said, turning her back on him and entering her office only to find Watson sitting there waiting for her.

“Don’t start. I just want to eat my lunch in peace”

“Well I’m not leaving you alone until you report it, Charlie!”

“You know, I’m your boss and I really could make you leave one way or another”

“Charlie, if this had happened to me or anyone else, you would be saying the exact same thing”

“Yes, but that was before I knew how it made you feel”

“Just leave my office now!” Charlie added.

Watson had no choice but to leave her office but she wasn’t giving up.

She drove down to the Diner looking for Angelo but he wasn’t there. Next she went to the Surf Club.

“Hey Alf, have you seen Angelo? It’s important”

“No sorry, he hasn’t been in today”

“OK thanks”

She didn’t know where else to look so she was going to head back to work and then speak to him later but as she was walking through the car park, she saw Angelo, walking.

“Angelo?” she yelled but she got no answer

“Hey, Angelo?” He continued to ignore her.

She ran after him, stopping as she reached his side.

“Oh my god, what happened to your face? He had a cut lip and his eye was starting to swell.

“Nothing” he replied, clearly not wanting to speak to her.

“I need to speak to you”

“Maybe another time, I’m not in the mood right now.

“It’s Charlie. I found out that she was raped and I need your help. She won’t report it and she won’t listen to a word I say”

“She hates me. You have more of a chance than me”

“Do you not care anymore just because you aren’t together now?”

“Of course I care, but I have tried again and again to get her to report it and she wouldn’t listen to me so now that were not together and she hates me there is no way I would get through to her”

“I’m sure she doesn’t hate you, Angelo. Please, just talk to her”

“She won’t go anywhere near me”

“You have to try…”

“No I don’t and I don’t mean to sound rude but I just need some space right now”

“God, what is it with the cops in this town? Always so bloody miserable” Watson muttered to herself.

Rachel was sat at home on her home, about to pour another drink. It was only 3 in the afternoon but she had already been drinking for a while and didn’t plan on stopping anytime soon. She just wanted to forget about her problems for a while. She was thinking back to her wedding day. How happy she and Tony were, how they planned to spend the rest of their lives together, looking forward to their baby being born. That day she was the happiest woman alive, thinking finally she had everything she ever wanted. But less than a year later Tony was dead and her whole world was torn apart. She was left without the love of her life and Tasha was left without a father, and it had all been for nothing. That was the worst part. She wondered how things would be right now if Jack had never been at the development site that night and was at home where he was meant to be. She wouldn’t be sitting there in the middle of the afternoon drinking herself stupid for a start. Hugo could have been home anytime but this time was different. She didn’t care about anything anymore. If Hugo caught her drinking, then fine, so be it.

“Hey Martha”

“Yeah, I’m ok. Was wondering if I could come over now… to meet Jack”

“Really?” he smiled with excitement.

“OK I’ll come over now” He couldn’t believe he was going to be meeting his son for the very first time.

Jack knocked on the front door. He was nervous and excited. Roman had been his “dad” for the last four years and he was worried Jack might not like him. Martha opened the door and let Jack in.

“He’s just in the back garden, playing with Brooke”

“K. I can’t wait to meet him” he told Martha. Martha smiled. She had always hated that they never got to meet each other and she was so happy they finally were going to.

“Jack, can you come here please? There’s someone I want you to meet” she shouted.

Jack came in from the garden, with Brooke following him, and noticed the other Jack.

“Daddy!” he ran up to him and hugged him. Martha had told him all about Jack and showed him photos and he recognized him straight away.

“Hey Jack”

“Mummy said you were gone and we weren’t going to ever see you”

“I know but here I am and I’m so glad I’ve got the chance to be your father”

“Come here” he ran over to the shelves, dragging Jack along with him, and pointed at some photos.

“Look, there’s you and there’s mummy”

“Yeah” he said. It was a picture of him and Martha on their wedding day. It was such a special day, one he’d never forget even though it ended in tragedy. Jack started crying as his son wrapped his arm around Jack and hugged him. This was one of the happiest moments in his life and he just wished he never missed those first four years of his life.

Angelo arrived at the station after a long walk and everyone started asking what had happened. He gathered everyone at the front desk and said he had an announcement to make.

“It’s Jack, he’s alive”

Rachel makes a dangerous decision. How does everyone react to the news about Jack’s return? Martha ignores an important voicemail message and she makes a decision about who she wants to be with.

Angelo really wasn't happy about what Jack did, was he?Still, Jack seemed all right at the end so no permanent damage, I guess.Rachel's cracking up again, might be even worse this time.Liked Watson trying to help out Charlie.

Aww I liked that chapter , Jack and little Jack :wub:

and I hate Angelo in the show and now I hate him in your fic :lol: so theres no escaping the Angelo hate :P

Rachel's turning into an alcoholic again , that can't be good

Jack and Martha are meant to beeeee :wub:

Update soon please

I know Jack’s missed Martha but he can’t just expect to walk back in and have everything to go back to the way it was as there are children involved now.

I agree Slade , although I do love JM , Jack's being a bit like thinkin' he should have everything go back to normal but its not how it should be , he left .

Archived