Piece Of Me

Guest Laura

OK I will continue. I just don't know when. I won't be online tonight to write so maybe tomorrow or Friday. I'm just not sure what is happening about the aftermath of the fire and that so I need to figure that out first. But thanks for replying and I will definately have an update by the weekend. And Slade, it's ok if you don't reply straight away :)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Sarah, I am continuing with this fic :)

Its been like a month since an update!! :( I am still going to write this but I completely forgot about it till today. I'm busy this weekend but I really will try update Sunday night or Monday ( and I know you've heard it so many times and I don't update but I'll get someone to remind me :lol: )

• 7 months later...

OK after about 8 months, I have decided I want to finish this. I had so much planned, and had members who always commented. I didn't even bother coming on BTTB for months but I'm back on now and I will write an update by Tuesday, I promise! I just hope people continue reading :)

Thanks Danni :) And I'm glad you'll still be reading, Sarah :) Finally, an update!! :D

Chapter 20

The sun was shining, and everyone was leaving the church. Everyone gathered outside and people were rallying around Hugo, seeing how he was. "Were all here for you" was all he kept hearing. It didn't mean anything though. Not when he had just lost one of the most important people in his life.

" Hey mate, you ok?"

" As good as I can be, Jack. I just wish Rachel was here" Hugo replied to Jack.

" I'm so sorry mate. If theres anything you need, just ask"

" Thanks. I just want some time to be by myself"

Hugo walked off, wanting to get away from all the people who turned up today. He knew they only wanted to help but everytime they mentioned her name, it just made it worse. He headed towards the beach, hoping for some peace. Staring out far into the sea, he thought back to that day it all happened.

One week earlier

The fire brigade and ambulance turned up at the house, and they rushed into the house. People from all down the street were gathered outside the house, watching, wondering if anyone would make it out alive. They saw Hugo being forced out the house by one of the firemen. He was shouting to let him help but they wouldn't. They took him over to one of the paramedics to be checked over. " Look, I'm fine. Really. I just need to get into the house. My girlfriend, daughter and brother are still in there!". The paramedic tried calming him down. " I know how you must be feeling, but the last thing we need is for another person to be in there. The fire brigade are doing everything they can. Let me just check you over" Hugo knew she was right. He decided to wait, afterall it was there job and they knew what they were doing.

Back then he couldn't have known that a week later he'd be sitting there, alone, his whole world turned upside down. Even though he was really worried at the time, he honestly thought everyone would get out alive. He didn't know how anything would ever be ok again.

" Well, you're fine. Just a bit of smoke inhalation but you'll live" the paramedic informed Hugo. Hugo didn't seem to care that he was ok, just wanted to know if everyone else was. Then he saw someone walk out the house. "Xavier! Mate, whats going on?" "I don't know, I couldnt see Rach or Tasha. I'm sorry, I tried helping" "OK, the firemen will get them out safely" Hugo tried reassuring himself by repeating this. He thought the more times he said it, the more chance it'll be true.

Hugo was thinking about running back in the house, when one of the firemen made his way towards him. " Is this your house?" "Yeah, whats going on?" he demanded, panic running through him. "I'm sorry, there's no easy way to tell you. We found a body" Hugo froze to the spot. His worst nightmare coming true. "W..hat? Who?" "Female, late twenties, early thirties, I'd say. I'm so sorry"

"Nooooooooo!" Hugo screamed. He collapsed onto the floor tears pouring down his face. Xavier rushed over to Hugo as he heard him scream. "Hugo, what is it?!" "It's Rachel, she's dead" Xavier didn't know what to say. He threw his arms around Hugo, hating seeing his big brother like this. "Hugo, you have to be strong for Tasha" Hugo had given up all hope of her being alive.

Hugo saw a dark haired woman being carried out the building by 2 firemen. Hugo rushed over and stared in shock. He couldn't believe his eyes.

" There you are. Been looking for you for ages. Everyone's gone back to the Surf Club, why don't you join them. They're all worried"

" I just want to be alone"

" I know it must be tough. How do you think I feel, it was my little sister, the last remaining part of my dad and I never even got to meet her"

" I know, Jack, it must be tough for you aswell but she was my little girl. I know she wasn't really but I've brought her up like she was and love her so much"

" Hugo, why don't you go speak to Rachel? I'm sure she needs you, especially today"

" And what about me? She didn't even come to the funeral today. I know shes devasted but she seems to think shes the only one who cares" said as tears started to fill his eyes.

Jack didn't know what to say to his cousin so he just hugged him.

" This isn't my girlfriend. This isn't Rachel!" he said to the fireman, a sense of relief rushing through his body. "Who is it then?" the fireman asked. " I don't know. I've never seen her before in my life"

Hugo then realized that Rachel must still be in the house, with Tash. He wasn't going to sit and wait any longer. He ran up to the house and saw a woman on the floor, crying over a lifeless body. He rushed over and saw Rachel and saw who she was crying over, and there was his beautiful daughter. He couldn't belive that he had lost her. That she was now gone forever. He grabbed hold of Rachel and made her leave the house. The fire was now out, but he didn't care about that now. Not about anything.

Hugo goes to see Rachel and she finally realizes she needs help. Who was the other body found in the house after the fire? And Martha and Jack kiss.. but who sees?

Archived