Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

3 hours ago, Slade said:

From her perspective he tries to car jack her and breaks into her house after she gave him her handbag so I can't help think one of the reasons why she didn't call the police was because she fancies him.

Nope, there will be something in her back story that makes her want to help him. (For example her sister had a drug problem)

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, harrietjames said:

Nope, there will be something in her back story that makes her want to help him. (For example her sister had a drug problem)

My reference to her fancying him was due to the fact that he'd dated blondes previously, Jeannie/Lena etc.  Although if you actually reread my previous post you will see I said it was one of the reasons and never said there wasn't a backstory (So it could actually be both).  One thing I've seen with soaps is when two characters don't initially get on there could be some romance later on down the line and the way she was talking to Brody when he was tied up there was strong indication she had experience with this sort of thing (which was why I didn't bother mentioning it).  Although I guess it helps when you follow at Australian pace and so have already seen weeks worth of episodes the UK viewers haven't to be sure of these things!

Quite right about two characters meeting and initially not getting on, doesn't have to be male/female either.  Evie and Matt clashed on their first meeting and look where they are now,  Justin and Phoebe and their 'one off' one night stand, Ash and Justin. 

Definitely going to be something between Scarlet and Brody,  she did make reference to having experience dealing with someone  who has/had a drug problem which is probably why she wasn't buying Brody's excuses. I don't think it's going to take long before Raffy long before she suspects Brody took the necklace and it may be that Kat produces it as evidence when she arrests Brody this week. Brody wasn't at all convincing as a hardened crim if the way the pawn shop owner was laughing at him and managed to chuck him out so easily was anything to go by. As we saw Justin chucks him out which of course jeopardises his leaving with Phoebe along with the Ava thing. His showing Roo Ava's picture and talking about having to leave her for a year just as he's got to know her again did trigger Roo in thinking about letting James in on her life, if he wanted it. I'd thought myself that to a nine year old a year is a long time, even allowing for the fact we have Sype now and FB and other social media ways of keeping in contact.

Had James been trying to contact Roo to warn her about the solicitor's letter, couldn't have been her ringing him, she'd only just rung him to ask to talk to him. Is history going to be repeating itself?:unsure:

In a way Marilyn's interfering did help, the air between Leah and Irene has cleared a bit, but still a long way to go.  Leah had been very harsh to Marilyn and at least she was able to comfort Marilyn when she told her about her and John breaking up, Marilyn is going to need her friends.

Leah has only just got back from Theo and Helen's, she went there after the big blow up with Zac, previous to that her and VJ took Luc to meet them., they obviously have still got some spare cash around they gave VJ and Billie that very generous cheque, has he still got it btw?

So sad though about John and Marilyn, I did notice she mentioned to Dr. Nate about how John  used to be, someone who used to chuck his weight about and be a bit of a bully. The brain as Nate explained is a complex organ and maybe his rumour did trigger some deep dark memory which made him act in the particular way he did. Mostly what happened when Alf had his was to make him hallucinate, imagining he was seeing Ailsa and having 'visions' of the future.   She does still love him but if she is scared of him she wouldn't be able to relax around him.   Nice of Irene to take him in and at least Dr. Nate will be there.

Talking of Dr. Nate and Tori, they are back on again (for now at least).  I loved that talk Justin had with her with him pointing out just how many times she had put him to one side first with Duncan and then with Slimey Riley.  She did, to give her some credit, own up to it.  There is nothing to stop Nate getting another job in medicine, it wasn't that he'd done anything wrong professionally and it was Tori that saved him from being charged with negligence by rumbling Riley's plan to stitch him up over Billie's care.  It was a financial decision.

20 hours ago, H&Alover said:

she did make reference to having experience dealing with someone  who has/had a drug problem

22 hours ago, Slade said:

My reference to her fancying him was due to the fact that he'd dated blondes previously, Jeannie/Lena etc.  Although if you actually reread my previous post you will see I said it was one of the reasons and never said there wasn't a backstory (So it could actually be both).  One thing I've seen with soaps is when two characters don't initially get on there could be some romance later on down the line and the way she was talking to Brody when he was tied up there was strong indication she had experience with this sort of thing (which was why I didn't bother mentioning it).  Although I guess it helps when you follow at Australian pace and so have already seen weeks worth of episodes the UK viewers haven't to be sure of these things!

That doesn't make sense - She fancies him because he has previously dated blondes... If you'd said he fancies her then I'd agree that she is her type. I was highlighting what has actually been said in the exchange (As H&A Lover confirms) rather than posting from Aus pace. (Although the sister comment is purely guessing)

Yep they often do that - otherwise they become besties - thought Justin and Scarlet clash more so that is the more obvious pairing...

You are right, Slade. Scarlett's propensity to give Brody the benefit of the doubt makes no sense unless there is some kind of attraction there. It looks like Scarlett will be here for a while at least, so we will see if anything comes of it. However, it is never good for a character to get paired up too early in to the introduction of the show.

I must admit i was surprised that Tori and Nate got back together. I just supposed they were building to Nate's departure, I am glad that Tori admitted she was wrong after her conversation with Justin, I have found her worst feature so far has been her wishy-washy attitude to her relationship with men. Though I am not particularly a fan of Nate, I feel like Tori/Nate had potential as a relationship but have been ruined by the execution 

So, we seem to have all the pieces in place for Phoebe to leave and Justin to stay if that's the way it's going.Whoever ends up getting on that plane, the farewell was rather nice.The show finally seems to have got a handle on making Raffy add something to scenes that don't really require her after a few months of being rather bland and similarly you had to appreciate Mason's chutzpah in trying to deny the party was for them whilst standing in front of a big sign saying "Farewell Phoebe and Justin".(Incidentally, is it me or did Ash slap him on the bottom while they were hiding?)Was Brody having an attack of the munchies or am I getting my drugs muddled up?Ava continues to ooze cuteness.

Kat again comes across as rather unprofessional with her "You want me to do my job?I'm supposed to be going to a party!" attitude, although she did eventually knuckle down.Leah looking after Luc for Ash left me wishing they'd managed this level of co-operation before the custody battle.Nice to hear that Ash is still keeping in touch with Patrick.

I thought Roo was rather rude to Alf here.He didn't seem to be particularly judgemental, he just wanted some answers as any family member would in those circumstances, and Roo just cut him off.

9 hours ago, harrietjames said:

That doesn't make sense - She fancies him because he has previously dated blondes... If you'd said he fancies her then I'd agree that she is her type. I was highlighting what has actually been said in the exchange (As H&A Lover confirms) rather than posting from Aus pace. (Although the sister comment is purely guessing)

I believe one of the reasons Scarlett didn't report Brody to the police is because she fancies him.  This was because from her perspective he car jacked her, she gave him his bag to get rid of him and he came back to her house so she had every reason to fear for her safety as for all she knew he was going to rob the place.  She had already suspected that he was on something from the way he was acting in the car and her place.  Most people in that situation would have called the cops, regardless of whether they had experience with that sort of thing as he could have been lying about his family and that is the safest and most logical option (she was actually about to initially until he talked her round).  Why take any chances?  Because she had a soft spot for him IMO which is due to the fact that she likes him.  If he doesn't like her now I believe that he will at some point because the writers seem to like to pair him up with blondes - That is what I was referring to in my previous post.  During their scenes at her house I thought there was actual chemistry certainly the way she was with him when he tried to make casual conversation and when she was going to cut him lose from taping his wrists and ankles together after she knocked him out so I do believe this is plausible given the show's tendency to place emphasis on romantic relationships..  There were also the references to Scarlett being hot from Mason to Brody when he saw her photo card and Brody's drug dealer after he he drove Brody back to Summer bay when he picked him up from her place after he pretended to be Mason so they are putting out the idea that she is physically attractive and presumably someone Brody should like.  To reiterate I didn't say her fancying him was the only reason she didn't call the cops but one of the reasons.  I didn't mention the fact that she had experience with this sort of thing because as H&lover has said it was already mentioned in the actual episode which presumably all the people following at UK pace would have watched.

Really didn't like James and his family getting their lawyers to send Roo a contract to absolve him of all rights to his unborn child.  Part of me wishes that she tears it up and throws it in their faces.  Alf's line to Roo was hilarious "Pregnant at your age".

Not sure it's a good idea Leah looking after Luc, especially if VJ is trying to move on.

I think it's right for Phoebe and Justin to break up.  The long distance thing won't work.

I liked the scenes with Justin and Ava and I'm glad Justin and Brian seem to be on good terms now.

Given her conversation with Nate, Tori is obviously in serious denial and presumably is going to have a rude awakening when she finds out Brody is still on drugs.

So McCarthy is perfectly fine with Ash and Kat now given that Ash turned up to her work and practically demanded that she join him to go to the party whilst she was still working on a case.

Archived