Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 'intervention' scene with "sex and th city" girls of Summer Bay today was really awkward to watch and actually I thought Keah might've just grown up a little but alas no. What's going to change about the situation now? Nothing! So grow up and stop it with your paddy already. (And that's from a Leah fan)

Marilyn's bombshell to John was a king time coming but shocking nonetheless. I feel for her I really do but equally for John too. I'm enjoying the story but I don't want them to split up so I'm worried now :( 

While Leah was being a bitch here, I think all the points she made were valid - Marilyn and Roo do need to stop meddling in other people's lives, and start dealing with their own issues. In addition, a surprise lunch wasn't exactly going to go well, and Marilyn was naive to think she could trick Irene and Leah into being friends so easily. Yes, those two need to talk through their issues, but Leah is clearly not ready to move on from being Luc's family (and that is partly due to the demise of her relationship with Zac). Until she does move on, she is not exactly going to be ready to forgive Irene for potentially contributing to Ash getting custody of Luc. And Irene needs to be honest with herself, that she applied for custody for Luc for herself, and not for the benefit of Leah and VJ. 

Marilyn's discussion with John at the end was heartbreaking. And it is sad that we are seeing all the relatively stable relationship breakdown. 

Hunter's decision to go for a DNA test to spite Zac will clearly backfire, and I am sure we will find out Hunter is not Zac's son. I presume Zac will be leaving. Whether Hunter will follow we have yet to see. But it seems a shame that we are losing so many of our cast! Who do we have left other than the Morgans? I find myself sad even to see Phoebe go even though I haven't always been her biggest fan I just find there are few characters left that I am actually invested in. And H&A are going to struggle with their partner swapping with so few characters left. Seeing as they love pairing Tori up, the only option left for her is Ash (unless she is interested in 18 year old boys) seeing as all the other males are her brothers. 

1 hour ago, Angelica said:

Seeing as they love pairing Tori up, the only option left for her is Ash (unless she is interested in 18 year old boys) seeing as all the other males are her brothers. 

The latter situation wouldn't stop Game of Thrones or Emmerdale for that matter! :lol:

Some awkward discussions between Zac and Hunter but did clear up misunderstandings, Hunter did try and stop VJ posting the letter once Zac did explain what he had been doing.  Just how far away is that post box from the caravan park? Zac as I thought thought he was doing the right thing by getting things in place before he talked to Hunter and Hunter did have the guts to tell him what he had done. Does Olivia still need Irene's OK to move away if she wanted to go with Hunter, she's 18 now is an adult.  Would she want to though seeing as she's just started at Uni. Was complicated Zac and Charlotte still being together, sort of, after Christmas and does raise the question did Charlotte actually genuinely believe that Zac was Hunter's father or just hope he was? As Olivia said easy to say than do that when the test comes back Hunter just chucks it in the bin.  Zac seemed to have taken it OK but the way he was talking to Leah who actually listened, he's obviously not, it's going to niggle at him too, in his mind and heart he is Hunter's dad. That goodbye nookie was rather poignant and at least they are parting while still loving each other rather than it turning to downright hatred.

Marilyn really did mean well, but as Leah, although rather bitchily pointed out, she needs to address own problems  first. Roo was against it, but got dragged into it so you can't put it on her.  I thought Irene did admit her part in wanting custody of Luc was to make up for what Mick had done.

Sad that scene between John and Marilyn I got the feeling he knew what was coming, but was trying to talk her out of saying what she said. Didn't expect her to say she wasn't in love with him anymore.:(:cryingsmiley:

6 hours ago, Angelica said:

Who do we have left other than the Morgans?

Well, there's the stalwarts: Alf, Irene, Leah, John, Marilyn, Roo and arguably VJ. Olivia doesn't seem to be going, nothing to suggest Ash and Kat are going and...well, okay, that might be it if Zac, Hunter, Phoebe, Nate and possibly Justin are all on the way out.But hey, as articles on the main page have pointed out, this is nothing new: The main reason so many characters are leaving in such a short time is because they all joined around the same time in 2013, to make up for the gaps caused by Liam, Romeo, Gina, Natalie, April and the entire Walker family leaving that year.

Yes, I thought the same, H&Alover, about whether Olivia would still need permission from Irene to move out now she's 18.On a vaguely similar note, have we seen Hunter pass his driving test?His reference to borrowing Irene's car came out very left field.

I thought it was a shame that Leah apologised to Marilyn because she pretty much deserved it.That said, while this still seems to have come out of very little, we did get some insight into how Marilyn's feeling and it does seem to be based on more than the initial bizarre logic of "You accepted the guilty verdict so that means you're a bad man!" The nursery seems to have been re-arranged a bit to provide John somewhere to stay.Leah and Irene have a far more effective peace talk than Marilyn ambushing them: It's going to take a lot to repair their friendship but perhaps they're not enemies anymore.Which is at least progress because even I was getting tired of them constantly having the same conversation.

Nate and Tori get over their latest bump and curiously it's a chat with Justin that leads Roo to realise that maybe she should let James into their child's life...only to discover that might not be what he wants at all. Oh, and Raffy was looking for her necklace so I'm guessing Brody didn't bring it back...

Hunter being able to drive also surprised me Red. One of those soap things you just accept I guess. 

My heart was broken for both John and Marilyn tonight. I don't think Marilyn doesn't love John like she says though. I think she's conflicted about her feelings and her worry about his personality is taking over her judgement. I still hope she eventually realises that they belong together. 

What was a shame in tonight's episode, was that all this was juxtaposed with Nate and Tori yo yo ing and not actually having a conversation which I'm just insanely bored of now. When they eventually speak about the elephant in the room it's all just carry on as normal. So the last 2 weeks of avoiding each other and awkward run ins just mounted to that?! Urgh.

Leah is just descending into chaos here now, and using Zac to make herself feel better is absolutely and categorically wrong. He won't see it though because he's desperate for forgiveness but she's had her cake and eaten it there. All because she's had a bad day. Which she is creating anyway. Get over yourself love.

and we mustn't forget Madge Wilkins' 80th Birthday!!! I wonder if Colleen is attending the shindig??? ?

15 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Maybe it's time one of the Poulos boys came home and tell her "Leah, You're not well, go see Mama and Papa".

Yes, but they've pretty much forgotten where Theo & Helen live now, it was the city (Sydney), then it was Melbourne, then it was Cyprus and then it was the city again. Given they've presumably sold their restaurant to have all this money for travel, I wonder why they've not helped Leah financially given she lost her house, they could surely give her money to rebuild on the previous plot.

I've had a lot of sympathy for Patrick this week and felt bad for him when he told Ash about killing the little girl when he was serving.  I hope he gets the help he needs and sorts himself out.  Glad he left on quite a positive note.

Once again I've found Brody's behaviour highly amusing.  Particularly the bungled attempted robbery especially when the shop keeper was laughing at Brody's silliness when he locked Brody out of the shop.  I really enjoyed the scenes with Scarlet.  From her perspective he tries to car jack her and breaks into her house after she gave him her handbag so I can't help think one of the reasons why she didn't call the police was because she fancies him.

Whilst I don't like Leah when she's like this I have to admit I cheered when she gave Marilyn a serve about sticking her nose into the ongoing issues with Irene and told her to concentrate on her own relationship with John.  I couldn't help but wonder whether the main reason Marilyn arranged the lunch was just to get John out the way so she didn't have to spend any time with him.  I also loved that Leah told Roo to concentrate on her baby.  Marilyn and Roo are two people who constantly like to involve themselves in other people's affairs so it's about time someone called them out about it although I didn't really like Leah apologising afterwards.  I do however think she was right to apologise for biting her head off when they were working at the diner.

Whilst I think Nate overreacted about Tori letting him go, I was glad Justin pointed out her tendency to be fickle when it comes to relationships.  One thing about Tori that I like is that she will take on board any constructive criticism.  So she fully accepted why Nate could have reservations about their relationship.  I liked Irene's line when she was talking to Nate "There's only one Tori".  You could incorporate that into a football chant.

Archived