Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Brody attacked Pippa's boyfriend Ian! 

Wow, him again?It's only a couple of years (well, okay, six) since he turned up as Bianca's counsellor! (In a similar vein, the man from the Department today was a lazy friend of Adam's in 1992 and recently seen by 7Two viewers as Alex and Shannon's hang-gliding buddy.)

Well, Brody's storyline continues to go nowhere fast.Maybe that's unfair, there's a bit of progression with Scarlett being introduced to him properly (and knowing things that his family don't) and him now owing Zannis a favour, but I mostly just rolled my eyes at Brody calling Zannis instead of Mason.I also can't help thinking that the interesting reversal of viewpoints, with Scarlett and the pawn shop guy only seeing Brody as just another junkie when the audience knows there's more to him than that, was undercut by having Scarlett get to know Brody.

Marilyn's caginess around John continues to frustrate and I wasn't too keen on Roo ignoring James' call: Okay, he wasn't all that supportive about her having the baby but it doesn't mean he deserves to be cut off.I kind of saw Hunter's viewpoint last week but here he was just being a brat, deciding to do the DNA test just because he thought Zac wasn't giving him enough attention.Well, I guess it's not the worst thing he's done for that reason.

40 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Wow, him again?It's only a couple of years (well, okay, six) since he turned up as Bianca's counsellor! (In a similar vein, the man from the Department today was a lazy friend of Adam's in 1992 and recently seen by 7Two viewers as Alex and Shannon's hang-gliding buddy.)

Well, Brody's storyline continues to go nowhere fast.Maybe that's unfair, there's a bit of progression with Scarlett being introduced to him properly (and knowing things that his family don't) and him now owing Zannis a favour, but I mostly just rolled my eyes at Brody calling Zannis instead of Mason.I also can't help thinking that the interesting reversal of viewpoints, with Scarlett and the pawn shop guy only seeing Brody as just another junkie when the audience knows there's more to him than that, was undercut by having Scarlett get to know Brody.

Marilyn's caginess around John continues to frustrate and I wasn't too keen on Roo ignoring James' call: Okay, he wasn't all that supportive about her having the baby but it doesn't mean he deserves to be cut off.I kind of saw Hunter's viewpoint last week but here he was just being a brat, deciding to do the DNA test just because he thought Zac wasn't giving him enough attention.Well, I guess it's not the worst thing he's done for that reason.

Ian was also the prosecutor and Chloe's rape trial. 

Just now, Blaxland 89 said:

Ian was also the prosecutor and Chloe's rape trial. 

Actually, I wonder what hold actor holds the record for playing the most parts 

5 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

^ I think Alanis Cinis and Richard "The Prosecutor" Sydenham are pretty high up that list.

It does get a bit annoying when some people play more than 2-3 roles on a soap (I.e. Actress playing Keegan's Ma on EE, is on her 3rd role!)

You think with the number of actors wanting work why they do that? Yet given the UK and Down Under do not have a larger pool of actors to choose from Im guess certian people are in favor with a show and they come up with new ideas for them.

I'm going to miss Patrick, he could have developed into an interesting character, I hope we see him again.  I liked that brother to brother chat between him and Ash/Marty, Patrick convinced he was rubbish but Ash/Marty reminding him of all he did once their dad had gone off and how he  raised Billie and  him after their mum had died. bailed him out of trouble more then once. Par for the course for one character to wrestle the other one to stop them doing something stupid and of course it has to be on a cliff top!   That was such  a tender scene when he finally held Luc, though I was expecting her to be sick on him:D, it'll give him a very good reason to get well. Great scene at the police station seeing all those tough cops going all soppy over Luc.

For such a clever guy Zac does make some stupid decisions.  He doesn't lie because he's doing something wrong, he kept secret he was writing a book from Leah with all those meetings telling her he was in one place when he was in another meeting with as he said members of staff or the school board, as he didn't want her to be disappointed if it didn't work out. Of course it all went pear shaped when Sam came on the scene and Ash was the only who knew because he caught him out at that motel. Now he's doing the same with Hunter not telling him he's thinking of moving to the city and to be nearer Hunter's nan, who I thought had disowned him over the  fact Hunter was an arsonist in case it doesn't come off.  He says it's because of Hunter having to move school and leaving Olivia, but why can't he just run it by Hunter and get his opinion?  Naturally when Hunter asked him if he'd done anything particular he lied and he's going to get completely the wrong end of the stick and think he's abandoning him hence his decision to take the DNA test.  Quick thinking by John btw telling Hunter not to jump the gun when the school board guy mentioned the talk he had had with Zac.

Perhaps Roo is protecting herself from possible hurt by not taking James' call, not wanting  to build her hopes up that he has changed his mind.

Brody is another normally intelligent guy who's made a huge mistake in introducing Zannis to Scarlett Snow as Mason, he said himself the bay is a small town so they are bound to bump into each other so what's the odds she'll meet the real Mason! Is that her real name, sounds something out of a Mills & Boon book!  Anyway she has a history her saying she's had dealings of junkies, not that Brody is one of course!:rolleyes:  Him trying to sell Raffy's sparrow necklace was a low as he has got so far and why do people try and hid things behind sofa cushions, never works, didn't take Mason long to find that rather large bag!

Not sure that Mason actually believed it himself when he told Raffy Brody was OK and clear of drugs, he did look kind of pensive.

The cracks are still there between John and Marilyn he's either honestly oblivious or just ignoring the signs. When does his CS start btw?

Good to see Brian get off his high horse and put Ava's feelings ahead of his own, must be hard having Justin be back in her life as he must be worried he'll be pushed to one side.  Phoebe was good not taking sides just letting them talk.  Did like her comment when Brian said Ava could be really stubborn about wondering where she got it from.:wink:  It's not happened yet but I can see Justin deciding not to go on the tour and I think Phoebe knows that in her heart.  Last time Justin had no choice about leaving Ava but this time he does a year (or two) is a long time.

22 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Actually, I wonder what hold actor holds the record for playing the most parts 

10 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

^ I think Alanis Cinis and Richard "The Prosecutor" Sydenham are pretty high up that list.

Alan Cinis was one that sprang to mind for me too, I think he's on at least five.To be honest, it makes more sense to regard all Richard Sydenham's prosecutors as the same character no matter how many different names he's called by (and sometimes none at all).It feels like Alyssa McClelland must be pretty high, I think she's on at least four.But actually it's probably someone who's played a lot of minor roles. (There was a guy around the start of the decade who played a number of nameless characters: He was the one who found a dying Tegan after the storm, the swimmer who nearly drowned when Romeo was distracted from lifeguard duties by a fight and had his wallet stolen by Jett in his first appearance.But they're probably meant to be the same guy too.)

Forgot to mention the nice touch of making use of John's connection with Gina.Hard to sympathise with Hunter here, it's pretty clear he decided to do the DNA test not because he wanted to find out the truth but because he wanted to punish Zac.I don't recall his grandmother abandoning him, which did raise the question of why he didn't go and live with her rather than Irene when Leah and Zac kicked him out.How slow does VJ walk?Zac and Hunter had a lengthy conversation after he'd left the house, yet Hunter catches up with him mere seconds after he posted the letter.The reference to Hunter's "home town" is a bit weird when he's always been referred to as coming from the city up until now (Wasn't that the excuse for Olivia favouring him over VJ, that they were both city kids?).Wasn't too happy with VJ being an enabler in the secret DNA test.So, Christmas wasn't the final end for Zac and Charlotte, meaning the dates do match and Charlotte wasn't completely delusional.Olivia saving that Hunter's recent behaviour seemed like "the old Hunter before I came here" was very contrived given that he didn't seem any worse than any of his low points last year, such as his behaviour towards Jordan.

Marilyn was spectacularly irritating in her attempt to force Irene and Leah together and I wish Leah had given her more of a serve than she did.Roo was less deserving, although she has been sticking her head in the sand a lot lately.Leah and Zac have a reunion of sorts but it seems to have been goodbye sex as much as anything.And Irene says "At least one good thing came out of today"...referring to John and Marilyn splitting up.Irene and I have very different definitions of a good thing.

Archived