Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

8 hours ago, Psychic Wombat said:

Yes, beach scenes are always a plus with Kat in them.

Now, did anyone really believe Justin would actually leave the bay with Phoebe? No, me neither, not for a minute. 

Roo being pregnant is obviously a desperate storyline to keep her in it, luckily she has the wardrobe for it already.

I don't think Roo being pregnant is ill thought or ill planned. I think it's a deliberate homage to her teen pregnancy and a very subtle celebration of the shows  30 years on air. Just as Billies death was. Unless in reading way too much into it. 

Brody going cold turkey st Scarlett's house by the sea "retreat" had got disaster written all over it. Especially with a locked box of cash on the wardrobe. He tried to rob a shop not two days prior lol. I'm not so much seeing Justin's point of view like Red is, all though I get the anger part of his reaction , I'm siding more with Tori. Peace keeping with Justin but trying to support Brody. It's clear that the family effects of this kind of substance abuse are massive and I'm enjoying seeing this played out. 

Hunter sss obviously going to look at the test results and what with them scary starey eyes at the end I think we are to assume Zac isn't his dad? In which case will we ever meet his dad I wonder?! 

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thoroughly disliked Justin throughout most of that episode. It wasn't even the fact that he threw Brody out the house when he found out he was still on drugs it was just the way he was shouting at him and the disdain he had for his brother.  So I was glad both Tori and Mason stuck up for him.  I also didn't like his attitude towards Scarlett who didn't have any obligation to actually help Brody.  I do think it was interesting that Mason pointed out that Scarlett was treating Brody better than Justin was although I accept his suggestion about Brody going to rehab was valid - and what they probably should have done!  Even before he pulled out the engagement ring there was no doubt that his attitude towards Brody was mainly projection about Phoebe leaving and starting a new life in the US without him.

Despite the fact I spent a lot of that episode admiring Scarlett's legs she really is going above and beyond.  I find it so hard to believe after everything that happened she's actually letting Brody stay with her considering that she's only known him for a few days (Justin himself seemed quite skeptical about it initially).  It will be interesting to see how long it takes for him to get clean or if anything worse happens.

John was annoying.  I hated the way he got involved with Hunter and Zac, got into Hunter's head and cast doubts about Zac's paternity.

Well, Hunter got one thing right: This is a joke. Way to make an utter mockery of the last two years.Frankly, John was right, they all took Charlotte's word on trust despite her being a proven liar.Leah should have stuck to her guns and insisted on a DNA test instead of letting Hunter bully and intimidate her into dropping it.Then they could have sent him packing back then, instead of it coming out when he's well and truly got his feet under the table with Irene and Olivia.Worse, if they had actually bothered to check back then, Hunter wouldn't have robbed the Diner because he was jealous of Zac spending time with Leah instead of him and Denny wouldn't have been killed trying to expose him.(In fact, given how far-reaching that was, Trystan, Charlotte, Hannah and Oscar would probably still be alive as well, Josh wouldn't be stuck in jail for decades and Maddy would still have both her arms.)All that for nothing.At least we know why articles kept referring to Zac as Evelyn's only remaining blood relative.And then to top it off we get a lot of Saint Hunter nonsense about how Zac wouldn't have made it through the last few weeks without him, when all we've seen is Hunter judging him and sulking at him.

Meanwhile, Leah was back to being selfish and cowardly, ignoring Zac and then playing the victim when he finally got fed up of being treated badly by her.I really wish he'd had a proper chance to tell her how much she sucks rather than Irene stepping in to fawn all over her...which was clearly only to get back in her good books.I also can't help wishing Alf would stop being so diplomatic and point out to both Leah and Marilyn that they're throwing good marriages away for nothing.(Mind you, I guess it's consistent with him overindulging Martha in similar circumstances.)

This episode was an interesting contrast to the previous Morgan heavy episode. Though we had several different storylines on the go, they all felt kinda interlinked because of the way different characters were interacting with each other (like Hunter's DNA storyline kinda mirroring what was happening with Leah's and Zac's marriage, which in turn had an effect on the Leah/Irene relationship and so forth.  Which was a nice contrast to the Morgan storyline which seems so far removed from anything else happening in the bay. 

While I disagree with the way Justin handled Brody, I kinda agree with him that they need to consider their household's safety. Brody continues to lie to his family, and while I don't think they should cut him completely off, I do think that at the moment, they seem to be enabling his behaviour with their constant denial. By the way, I can't remember who knows that Buddy overdosed on ice? I still don't understand Scarlett putting herself out so much for Brody when she hardly knows him. First, she covers for him with the police, and then she allows him to live in her home, despite knowing that he has been involved in a robbery. How does she know he won't rob her or hurt her for get his next fix? This detox type storyline worked better when they did this with Amanda and Peter as at least they had the history to make it feasible. 

In general, I hate the victim blaming attitude when it comes to infidelity, and feel that if you have a problem with how someone is treating you then if you love them, you should tackle the problem directly, rather than cheating them. I also agree that once the trust is gone, it is very hard to mend a relationship no matter how you love the other person. So in theory, I should be on Leah's side. However, I just find it so hard to sympathise with her at all. It is a shame, because I used to really like Leah, and even when she got passionate and indignant, you still got a sense that she was a warm, loving character. But these days, she has become so bitchy and hard. And she loses her temper at the slightest provacation. We sometimes see glimpses of the old Leah when she is with VJ but those moments are getting few and far between. 

I was pleasantly surprised that they revealed the DNA results so quickly. Surely, it is only a matter of time till it gets out. I wonder if this gives them an excuse to get Zac to leave, but Hunter to remain behind. I am sure Evie could hook Zac up with a job in Vietnam. 

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 8:34 PM, CaptainHulk said:

The DNA test thing seems reminiscent of H'Oaks with the whole Jake/Justin/Charlie mess.

I was thinking he must have watched Emmerdale seeing as he was mirroring Rakesh though in reverse.

Scarlett is one interesting character a lot more to her than meets the eye, I wonder if that is even her real name?  She certainly knows the law - ex cop/lawyer - the way she challenged Kat and quoted police procedure at her.  A lot of characters if just being questioned know how long they can be held and just go.   I was surprised she said she couldn't identify Brody when he had been sitting in her car and Kat just took her at her word. They do have the CCTV and I dare say the pawn shop owner being able to ID him will suffice. I'm with Justin, Brody has pushed it too far, has everyone forgot he has already bought drugs into the house, poisoning Buddy, Raffy did tell Mason and I think the others now know.   Is that proper police procedure for Tori to be given Raffy's necklace, isn't it evidence? Raffy is old and wise enough  not to touch anything, but Ava is another matter, if Brian or Nina knew a drug addict was living there that would be the end of any contact between Justin and Ava. Part of Justin's reaction is down to Phoebe leaving, but despite him throwing Brody out he does love him, just not what he is into. It wouldn't work him staying there, they are all too close, he needs someone more dispassionate who isn't swayed by family loyalty. Good detective work by her getting Brody's home address and turning up at the house thus she gets to met the real Mason. So step up Scarlett, albeit nudged by Mason.  It is a big risk for her to take in a practical stranger, he may lose it again.  He didn't fool her though she sussed he had  a stash on him and he was still spouting the 'I'm not an addict' line which she didn't buy. Btw in answer to an earlier question regarding Lena and why she disappeared, my theory is she was used to approach the guys and once they were hooked - pun intended - Zannis took over. Have to say it's a lovely place she's renting -  can't be cheap. Graphic description by Tori of what Brody is now into and what it can do to him but she was right when Mason, I think, said he should go to rehab, it's got to be his choice once (a) he acknowledges he is an addict and (b) he need help.

Leah swung from being stroppy to quite reasonable back to stroppy, blaming everyone but herself.  She was the one who wanted a divorce and when Zac finally decided he'd had enough and told her he's been in contact with his lawyer she acted like he was instigating the whole thing. I can kind of see why she blew up at Irene when she was discussing what had gone on in their conversation with Roo, it was a private talk. She admits she's pushing people away and acting like a real cow but isn't doing anything  to remedy it. Big decision to sell up her share of the Diner, what will she do with herself.  There are people men and women who can forgive a one off and others, like Leah who can't.  But let's not forget he did lie a lot  which most of the time was innocent, but in Leah's mind it happened too many times.

Roo acting like a teenager over Alf's initial reaction to her baby news was funny, Marilyn is a rotten liar!  Morag is now on the case and it looked like James' dad - Mr. Mavers  - has found another solution a one off payment of a wad of cash!

If John hadn't just happened to see that letter to Hunter from the DNA place all that followed wouldn't have happened. His comments about how much of a liar Charlotte had been did put doubts back in his mind but full marks to him for dumping the test, he realised from his previous short talk with Zac he'd hurt him by even starting the quest. Sadly he then saw the big argument between Zac and Leah which made him to decide to look at the letter.  I honestly believe he wanted Zac to be his dad, despite all their ups and downs they did have  a good relationship he looked very uncomfortable when Zac was apologising to him for being caught up with the Leah thing.   Olivia was pretty savvy to work out something wasn't right and went for a nosey around nearly gave up but it was her nudging a key on Hunter's pc that brought up the screen with the mail on it and we know what she found. Of course as soon as she said 'it's only the two of know' it's a  given that the news will get out. It could be that just after finally breaking up with Zac in the February she had a drunken one night stand and got pregnant and she for once genuinely believed it was Zac's or  more disturbingly she got drunk and was date raped which would make her even more inclined to hope/believe it was Zac's.

I find it funny the fact John is driving the others up the wall with his DIY so as to keep his mind off his break up.  It'd be fine if John was actually any good at it, but he's not. Did like the way Alf went round, despite him telling Maz he wouldn't.  On that didn't he and John leave the house together to go to the Surf Club but Alf turned up at the Diner and from the way he was talking it sounded like he'd left John at the house.:unsure: 

Archived