Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

All of the Morgan's were just as much to blame, no surprise Raffy flipped out! Mason didn't know what went on with the conversation between Justin and Brody, he just assumed Justin was in the wrong. Here's an idea why doesn't Mason talk to Brody? Tori managed to persuade Mason to come back home to talk calmly and the moment he does he's tearing into Justin.  Raffy definitely was only 13, it was mentioned by Justin the other day, not surprising they wouldn't know when her birthday was, she's only been in their lives a few months.  She's no pushover and their initial feeble attempt to make up for it went down like a lead balloon. I did like the joint making of the cake, no words spoken, just everyone pitching in, all knowing what their part was in it. Shame it turned out rubbish but with them all pretending it was fine. Justin's answer was all Raffy needs, honesty!

I was thinking Alf's words before he said them about how chilly it suddenly got in the kitchen, but he very wisely kept out of it, and why was Leah back to her 'Oh woe is me, I've been wronged so everyone has to suffer and how dare he, Zac, take the lead in starting divorce proceedings' mood. I thought Alf said Maddy not Evie. My God Roo has recovered mighty quickly, the day before lying in hospital still getting over a serious op, now she's in the city, seeing Morag no doubt looking into tracking down Martha.

Olivia and Hunter nearly blew the secret, guess they didn't get the memo/text about Nate being John's frontman for the Fund Raiser.  After all the work he put in it was such a shame it was mostly boycotted and he did phrase it wrong, but I believe what he was trying to say was he'd felt he'd let the Burns Unit down as not nearly enough money was raised as he hoped for. Has someone tipped Jett off or is it a family catch up visit?

Don't know why Olivia kept changing her mind over whether Hunter should tell Zac the truth, first she was all for keeping it quiet, then she was urging Hunter to tell Zac he wasn't his dad. I know you think you are trying to help, but it's Hunter's choice, it does look like Hunter has bad news for Zac tonight. :( Hunter got the wrong end of the stick with him thinking Zac wanted to shunt him off to Evie, Matt and Ellie so he could do his own thing. If I remember right it was Charlotte that kept packing him off to his nan's to cover up whatever he had done and stop him confessing. Could this Robertson be a suburb of the city? Zac is being a bit naive thinking Hunter will just be able to pick up from where he left off.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, H&Alover said:

If I remember right it was Charlotte that kept packing him off to his nan's to cover up whatever he had done and stop him confessing.

Yes, and then he kept coming back without telling her, including the very first time he showed up!

Alf's episode count this week:Five!

After being the voice of reason a while back, Olivia came across as a bit self-absorbed here.While her much-trailed "He's not even your dad!" was mostly a blip (a good job, because it was fairly hypocritical given her attachment to Irene), it did feel like she was encouraging Hunter to stay mainly because it was what she wanted.She was a good sounding board in places though.So now Zac knows, as he inevitably was going to, and the chances of us getting rid of Hunter are dwindling...

I was actually quite pleased about Jett having a go at Marilyn, since it feels like that stuff should have been said a long time ago and everyone else has just been pussyfooting around the issue.I am glad that he's calling her Mum though, after reverting to "Marilyn" in his last visit (when she wasn't around).Would have liked a mention of Skye, by the way.Still, he inevitably has to back down but at least John is taking positive steps to deal with things.

Very very mixed feelings about the way they're taking VJ.In many ways, I agree with what Ash said to him.Billie probably would have been more interested in both VJ and Luc being happy than VJ making himself miserable trying to keep his promise.And I'm glad he acknowledged that VJ made Billie the happiest she ever was and probably knew her better than anyone.But I can't help thinking that this is only happening because Ash forced the issue with less than pure motives, and while I think he was being honest to a degree and does want what's best for both Luc and VJ, his advice certainly seemed to further his own cause, by encouraging VJ to focus on the negative aspects of being Luc's dad and giving him "permission" to relinquish custody.(In many ways, he deserved that serve from Alf, unhelpful though it is.)It still leaves a nasty taste in the mouth and, while I hope Ash was right about VJ playing a big role in Luc's life, it'll be a huge waste if everything that's happened in the last year is for nothing and he just goes back to generic teenage boy storylines.

11 hours ago, H&Alover said:

.... Could this Robertson be a suburb of the city? Zac is being a bit naive thinking Hunter will just be able to pick up from where he left off.

Whenever someone on H&A talks about going/moving to the city, they usually just say 'the city'. As there are no actual suburbs of Sydney (the 'city') named Robertson, I gather they are probably talking about the (actual) town of Robertson, which is a village in the Southern Highlands of New South Wales, about 140 km (87 miles) south west of Sydney (my father-in-law lives not far from there). I hope that helps!

A bit more about Robertson, for anyone interested:

http://www.robertson.nsw.au/

It's lovely to have Jeer back. Even for a fleeting visit. And I agree with the sentiments above about Marilyn needing to hear what he had to say!!! I hope John responds well to therapy. 

I enjoyed the scene between Ash and VJ at SBH. Maybe the ice is starting thaw??? 

And i do hope Zac still wants a relationship with Hunter. Cause god blimey it took ages to sort their stuff out in the first place!!

being a dad isn't just DNA

On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:00 AM, Pantherboy said:

Whenever someone on H&A talks about going/moving to the city, they usually just say 'the city'. As there are no actual suburbs of Sydney (the 'city') named Robertson, I gather they are probably talking about the (actual) town of Robertson, which is a village in the Southern Highlands of New South Wales, about 140 km (87 miles) south west of Sydney (my father-in-law lives not far from there). I hope that helps!

A bit more about Robertson, for anyone interested:

http://www.robertson.nsw.au/

Yes, that did help thanks Pantherboy, though Hunter himself did give us a description of the place and it does sound and looks very countrified. Not Olivia's type of place at all. Zac mentioned Hunter hadn't seen his nan since Charlotte's death. That was hard decision for Hunter to make, he sees Zac as his dad but he realised he couldn't let Zac pass up the chance of making what could be a good career choice for a lie. I hope we get to see more of the announcement than just 'You're not my dad'. Olivia may have her own selfish reasons for wanting Hunter to stay, but I think he now feels the bay is his home as Olivia does.

Talking of dads what initially was an awkward meeting between VJ and Ash with Alf not really helping later was  a deep and honest talk. Part of VJ wanting to be a dad to Luc isn't enough, it's got to be all or nothing.  I realise a big part of the problem was Luc not sleeping thus putting  a huge strain on him and Leah but that will pass as she gets older and she sleeps thorough not just the night but the day as well making it easier for all concerned. That is sometimes the problem making a promise to someone who is dying, at the time you really mean every word, but circumstances can intervene and reality hits. I hope they can come to a conclusion that helps everyone, though I'm guessing Leah won't be happy and accuse Ash of bullying VJ into it.

Thought Jett doesn't know what actually occurred it sometimes takes someone with a fresh pair of eyes to see it all from a different prospective and at least John didn't dismiss Jett's idea of him getting professional help. There is no shame of seeing a psychiatrist/therapist if Alf can John can. That was a nice scene of John hugging Marilyn when she was upset after Jett having  go at her.

Now this may come across as unkind but if Leah does divorce Zac he will be her ex not late husband - sorry.

Okay, so they've decided out of nowhere that Zac isn't Hunter's father after all, thereby rendering nearly two years of storylines an utter farce, so that they can write Zac out and keep Hunter?Sigh.If I found out Hunter wasn't my son, I'd be breaking out the champagne, but I appreciate that Zac still wasn't willing to abandon him without permission.Still, the show is relying on vague statements like "I'm settled here" to cover the fact that there's not really anything keeping Hunter in Summer Bay, except his on-off relationship with Olivia.(Nice that they've rediscovered downstairs, by the way, after having all their home scenes last week in their bedroom for no adequately explained reason.)It's nice that Zac at least gets to head off with his one remaining family member, although I'd love to see Matt's reaction to that given his attitude towards Zac when we last saw him.Leah is cold and unreasonable once again.I'd have liked a better farewell moment between Zac and VJ, but sometimes things aren't wrapped up neatly and I'm glad that at least they parted on more or less good terms.

Scarlett seemed to spend the episode wandering around town having awkward encounters.She presumably wasn't listening when Justin told her Alf's name, since she apparently had no idea who "Mr Stewart" was until she saw him.I can kind of see Tori's point about Nate making a big decision without consulting her, but she laboured the point to the extent that it just felt like sulking.

6 hours ago, harrietjames said:

This is the whole premise of the show!

Cue The Fletcher theme. I would like to hear a guitar arrangement of that.

I suspect Matt and Evie probably had a heated exchange over this and Matt eventually relented and they... "made up" (Not a millions miles from what would be going on screen).

42 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Okay, so they've decided out of nowhere that Zac isn't Hunter's father after all, thereby rendering nearly two years of storylines an utter farce, so that they can write Zac out and keep Hunter?Sigh.If I found out Hunter wasn't my son, I'd be breaking out the champagne, but I appreciate that Zac still wasn't willing to abandon him without permission.Still, the show is relying on vague statements like "I'm settled here" to cover the fact that there's not really anything keeping Hunter in Summer Bay, except his on-off relationship with Olivia.(Nice that they've rediscovered downstairs, by the way, after having all their home scenes last week in their bedroom for no adequately explained reason.)It's nice that Zac at least gets to head off with his one remaining family member, although I'd love to see Matt's reaction to that given his attitudes towards Zac when we last saw him.Leah is cold and unreasonable once again.I'd have liked a better farewell moment between Zac and VJ, but sometimes things aren't wrapped up neatly and I'm glad that at least they parted on more or less good terms.

Scarlett seemed to spend the episode wandering around town having awkward encounters.She presumably wasn't listening when Justin told her Alf's name, since she apparently had no idea who "Mr Stewart" was until she saw him.I can kind of see Tori's point about Nate making a big decision without consulting her, but she laboured the point to the extent that it just felt like sulking.

And yes, I am RAPIDLY going off Leah. Yes, she's been through enough s*** in the last 2-3yrs but no excuse for being a Moany Bitch 80% of the time!

As for Huntlivia being confined to the bedroom, I can just see Reenie saying this:

"Jeez, You two. You gonna come down for air or water anytime soon?" (Yes, I can still rip it on the current product!) :lol:

Breaking out the champagne if you found out Hunter was your son? Mate, I'd be doing the worm, followed by the Spinaroonie then walking in a circle on the floor ala Homer Simpson going "Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop!":lol:

(And before anyone asks, I'm sober. Soon fix that in about half an hour)

Archived