Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

So I wonder if they are setting up potential leaving storylines for Zac, Hunter and Natehere. If Zac and Hunter aren't related (which seems like a stupid storyline twist reminiscent of when Jade and Kirsty turned out not be twins despite the prevalent twin sense), then both of them have limited reasons to stay in the bay. Similar, Nate has no job, and now seemingly no girlfriend, so is pretty much a free agent. 

Glad that Ash is struggling with Luc. But you do wonder about the safety of Luc in the current environment where Patrick is still struggling with his PTSD.

Kinda tired of everything being so Morgan heavy. With there being so many of them, it is easy for them to have 2-3 storylines on the go between them. I can't believe how naive they are about Brodie

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Angelica said:

So I wonder if they are setting up potential leaving storylines for Zac, Hunter and Natehere. If Zac and Hunter aren't related (which seems like a stupid storyline twist reminiscent of when Jade and Kirsty turned out not be twins despite the prevalent twin sense), then both of them have limited reasons to stay in the bay. Similar, Nate has no job, and now seemingly no girlfriend, so is pretty much a free agent. 

Glad that Ash is struggling with Luc. But you do wonder about the safety of Luc in the current environment where Patrick is still struggling with his PTSD.

Kinda tired of everything being so Morgan heavy. With there being so many of them, it is easy for them to have 2-3 storylines on the go between them. I can't believe how naive they are about Brodie

I agree about Brody. It's unbelievable that they would take his words at face value let alone hand over 600 hundred dollars to pay a dealer. Idve met them and paid it myself and got Brody some help. I don't know if I'd be right or wrong though...

More selective amnesia this time from Hunter with his 'my mum wouldn't have lied to me about this' um, excuse me she lied to you for 16 years about Zac abandoning you both.  That was a clever twist having him born eight weeks early so Zac would easily believe Hunter was his, funny though it was never mentioned at the time, but then Charlotte wouldn't have would she? Was it her plan even back then for Zac to be the dad?  She certainly let Hunter believe Zac was his dad when my guess is it was maybe a one night stand was the fathers name mentioned on Hunter's birth certificate?  If memory serves me right she told her parents it was Zac who her dad didn't approve of.  Wasn't a DNA test brought up at the time and it was decided against.  I can understand Hunter's initial reaction as to wanting to know who his biological dad was, but just how would he track him down?  I also was reminded of the Rhys/Angie/Dylan storyline.  Conflicting advice from Olivia and VJ, Olivia because of the trouble she caused.  VJ for another reason, he and Billie had discussed what to tell Luc about her dad when she was old enough rather than her find out another way. Olivia certainly knows him ver well to cotton onto what he would do and catch up with him at Zac's van. Rather moving when he was sitting in Zac's van seeing how bad he was handling things, talking to Olivia about how Zac had stood by him despite all he had done and realising he couldn't do it to him.  He may not be his biological dad but any man can father  a child but it takes a man like Zac to be a dad. OK he's been a little remiss of late but he's had enough on his plate with Leah. I still feel it is going to niggle away at Hunter and may make his relationship with Zac a tad awkward him knowing what he knows.

All in all Ash isn't doing too bad a job looking after Luc, Kat and especially Patrick are having a tougher time of it. The frost has thawed between Irene and Kat, but after all he said about Luc being 'farmed' out would Ash be willing to take up Irene on her offer to take Luc for a night or two to give them a break and of course when Leah finds out it'll only reinforce her thinking Irene wants to take over.    It had to happen that Ash's job clashed with his being on baby duties and Kat already working.  I was going to say I didn't think Patrick would deliberately hurt Luc but after what we saw last night in the trailer I'm not so sure.  I still think her crying, which she does a lot of, triggered memories from his time in Afghanistan and it involved babies.  I know Patrick is Ash's brother but he is blind to what is really happening, he hasn't seen him in his fugue state and is willing to believe him when he says he's OK.

Oh poor Justin, a needle phobia isn't that an unusual thing to have and I thought Phoebe and Mason were a little unkind to find it so funny and tease him about it. He really does have it bad if he fainted just at the sight of a needle.

So Buddy can be a guard dog, barking when he heard, smelt a stranger at the door.  Another smart Morgan child with Ava, her 'are you my daddy' opening question was sweet,  working out Justin was her dad from the photo she found of him and her when she was little, then getting his address from Nina's phone. Had she also overheard Brian and Nina talking about him when they thought she wasn't listening? But she did amazingly well to find the actual house and was taking a terrible risk wandering around a strange town on her own at night. The obvious big row between Nina, Brian and Justin breaks out tonight finishing with Ava getting knocked down by Patrick reversing his car while having another fugue moment was Patrick looking where he was going or did he reverse out blind?  That was reminiscent  of Alf running over Pippa because he couldn't see her as she was below his line of sight.

I didn't really mind the Sutherland/DeGroot mix-up and have never really bought the argument that it somehow contradicts the "twin sense":They were still brought up as twins.I can kind of justify it if the Zac/Hunter doubts turn out to be true (Charlotte was desperate for the three of them to be a family unit but couldn't contact Zac while her father was around) but it really would make a mockery of two years' worth of storylines.

Anyway, today.I guess that was the reason for Irene's offer yesterday, to give Kat a bolthole to take Luc to, and I'm rather amused that Irene didn't even know.It's reached the point where Ash can no longer turn a blind eye to Patrick's odd behaviour but Patrick's in no mood to face up to it at the moment.Meanwhile, I am loving the amount of VJ/Olivia interaction we're suddenly getting.I'm not expecting my frustrated shipper tendencies to be satisfied but I'm just enjoying the friendship and do think she works better with him than Hunter.That said, I'm glad that VJ isn't ready to move on, I think it would be a huge waste to have him forget about Billie and Luc and go back to doing generic teenage boy stuff.

Ava is a cutie and I loved the stuff between her and Raffy ("There is a small human being in here").Phoebe was being a drama queen as ever but fair play to her, she was considering the effect on Justin and Ava. I hope they don't go too far down the route of Brian being a jerk to make the situation black and white.(And they cast an actor who played a scumbag journalist during the helicopter crash in 2006!)Assuming that is that things aren't as bad for Ava as they looked at the end there...

CURS: Why was that stuff with VJ trying to kiss Olivia in there?There was no mention of it at all.

I liked the whole Justin/Ava/Raffy scene, it reminded me of how the show used to be in TEY. Raffy/Ava sort of reminded me of Sal and Tammy playing on the beach in that whole Newton arc.

Bloody Ashfords. Liabilities! 

As for Zac/Hunter They've been taking the mick (not him, they already took him a couple months ago :D) with the storylines so, this shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

VJ/Olivia interacting is great. Got a lot more in common most realize

• Both have Dead Fathers who at one point lived in the same house and had them taken from them before they were a year old
  • Both have Posh Grannies (Stella and Diana, respectively)
  • Have both been kidnapped at least ONCE
  • Have made me want to jump into the TV and kung fu kick either at some point :D
  • Parent/Guardians share a business
  • Mothers were initially chatterboxes
  • SORAS'd
  • Born on screen in dramatic-ass scenes
  • Have had moderately supportive Uncles step up in their early lives
  • Been Recast a fair bit
  • Have been overseas

Patrick knocking Ava over is just crazy and I'm sure it will not aid his PTSD in the slightest. Ava's 'dad' was very rude I thought and actually should've waited until he got Ava home to tell her off for running away like that. The poor girl needed answers and I felt sorry for her. I hope she's ok. 

Archived