Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

3 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Michael "Rhys" Beckley joked in Newspaper interview that if you were to live in Summer Bay for real, you'd only last about 3hrs! :lol::lol:

That is very true Very dangerous place Hiding behind the label Little friendy beach side town haha

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved the interaction between Ava and Raffy, after all there are only four years between them, they clicked so well.  Raffy's 'Ava? Ava! was great.:D  I know the words 'it's complicated' are used way too often, but in this case, for now, it's true. Be a long and complicated conversation for him to even think of starting without Nina's OK. Lovely scenes with Justin putting Ava to bed and kissing her goodnight. Just how would Justin have been able to contact Ava without Nina knowing as per their phone call? Did NOT take to Brian at all, I get he was upset/worried/angry at Ava running away but the way he spoke, no shouted at her was uncalled for:angry: Doesn't seem like it was a one off either from where I was sitting, looked like it could be a regular thing. Naturally as the two dads in her life were arguing she does what any kid does in this situation runs off which never ends well.  Be more casting of blame of course and will Tori be able to keep from treating her niece?

I think Phoebe was right in thinking the way she was, Justin has just reconnected with his daughter after nine years and before the accident there was a good chance he could have more contact with her, Nina permitting. Him going with her to the States would put a sizable spanner in the works, it'd look like he was leaving her, Ava,  again, this time through choice.

As for the twins thing - Evie's seemed to come and go as regards Oscar!

Ash finally got to see what Patrick is like when in one of his trances, it certainly scared him. I have read we do find out the reason why this week but in the interests of others will stay stchum.  We did hear what Patrick 'hears', gun fire, a helicopter, a baby crying. 

Some nice scenes between VJ and Olivia who  was very discreet by not mentioning Luc and Kat had spent the night at Irene's.  She didn't make any judgement about VJ having doubts about letting Ash and Kat have Luc and that he's feeling relieved at her being away from him.  Not sure Leah would have been like that. I'd forgotten that Billie's things, such as they were, were still in the bedroom. It's up to each individual to decide when the time is right for them to be packed away, given to charity. VJ will get there.   

Well, I'm glad we didn't go too far down the road of Brian being a jerk.While there was more antagonism than necessary, Justin gets to witness the bond between Brian and Ava and accept that he's been there for her when he wasn't, while Brian gets a glimpse of the fondness Ava has for Justin already.Will it be enough to get him to accept him?Justin going for Patrick was rather frustrating, if understandable, and slightly hypocritical given that it was a reversal of the situation when Phoebe ran over Billie.Forgotten to mention that Olivia didn't know who Patrick was when she spoke to Kat on Friday.So, we get the cause of Patrick's distress which perhaps wasn't quite as shocking as it should have been but is still a difficult thing to have on your conscience.I wondered if his quiet exit at the end was going to be the last we saw of him...and then he was in the promo.(Would he really address the letter "Dear Ash" though?He usually calls him Marty.)

I like that, despite his doubts, VJ was still affectionate towards Luc but he's obviously torn on the issue of putting her through more upheaval and starting to doubt whether he's the best person to look after her. Leah was annoyingly inconsiderate at first but eventually stepped up to the plate and seemed to realise the potential pain of the situation herself at the end.I wonder if this should be formalised: Ash had scheduled access when Luc wasn't living with him, so maybe there should be proper arrangements for VJ and Leah to see her now?

Even though you could argue Nate was being a bit ridiculous I'm glad he had a go at Tori because I never really liked the way she covered for Mason screwing up the job he secured a while back.  Of course had he taken it then Tori wouldn't have been faced with a decision to get rid of him

Enjoyed Leah slapping Irene and was kind of enjoying both of them suffering for a bit given how unlikable they've been as of late.  I do think Leah owed her an apology but can understand her not forgiving Irene.  Well not now anyway.

Regardless of whether Luc had been living with Kat or he hadn't reversed into Ava, Patrick has to go.  He clearly does need help.

There were comments previously about the similarities about Zac/Charlotte/Hunter storyline to the Rhys/Angie/Dylan storyline but I can't believe they're actually going there with the whole Hunter isn't Zac's son.

I'm finding Brody really funny.  The lying/stealing etc.  As ridiculous as the storyline is I think the actor is portraying the part very realistically.

Really not liking Marilyn and am struggling to understand what her issue is.  She's mentioned that he shouldn't be celebrating the fact that he's guilty.  But all this just because of the way he acted in jail when that guy grabbed her.

Really like Ava and really enjoyed the scenes with her and Raffy.

Before I forget there was a brief mention by Raffy of Hope in relation to her lying and Brody doing the same thing recently.

I'm willing to believe Brian isn't as bad as he first come across and if positions had been reversed (sorry, no pun intended) Justin would have acted the same.  He, Brian, does really seem to care for Ava and he is responsible for her as much as Nina is. After the obligatory macho shoving each other around at the hospital, Phoebe managed to drag Justin home and spoke a lot of sense to him enough that he went back and apologised to Brian. Tori couldn't resist initially treating her but did stop at actually doing the op another surprise introduction for Brian, was Mason not on duty?   Too late now to put the genie back in the bottle and pretend Justin doesn't exist, it'll be the wisest decision for Brian to stay in the bay as Ava has already made a connection with him, tearing her away will do a lot more damage than good. Justin may have been out of Ava's life for the past seven years but she obviously has fond memories of him and it appears that Nina didn't bad mouth Justin in anyway, that has to make Brian feel insecure.

I thought that would have been a pretty traumatic experience for Patrick, lord alone knows shooting an innocent adult would have been bad enough but a child!  The fact that they were stationed next to an orphanage certainly explains his tension when Luc cries brings back more bad memories. Must have been hard for him to open up to Ash like that but now he's taken that first step and Ash stops him from making the decision he appears to be intending to make, he will finally get the help he needs.  It has to be his choice though no-one can force anyone to get help. I noticed his addressing that letter to Ash, he does normally call him Marty, slip by TPTB? It does look like only a select few know his true identity.

I didn't think Leah would be happy about VJ's decision to let Ash and Kat have full custody of Luc. But she's got to remember he is an adult now and perfectly capable of making a considered opinion.  As it looked like Kat (and presumably Ash) were happy to let Leah look after Luc while they were caught up in the Patrick business I can't foresee any problems with them letting VJ and Leah see Luc whenever they want, but it's up to what TPTB decide. Kat does seem to have taken to 'motherhood' better than she thought she would do.

As I thought I might wait for the UK to catch up to where I was in Aus episodes before I start watching again Now here's just a few thoughts

Don't get me wrong I'm glad Patrick's gone always thought it was silly him still being alive But at  the same time I thought it was a waste and quite odd that he finally opens up to Ash about his probelms and when he does he just leaves? :lol: What was the point of him? So lame.

If only Brody did that go right off to rehab that easily Oh sorry  to car jack you but I have just worked out I'm being a plonker so with that in mind would you mind dropping me off at the nearest rehab centre :lol:

Part of me kind of liked the idea of Patrick walking off into the night being the last we saw of him but actually I rather liked the way it ended here.I could have done with Ash being a bit less violent in restraining Patrick but otherwise I really liked the scenes between them.(Is that the first mention of their dad taking off?)The show has, in recent years, rather moved away from the idea of people coming to Summer Bay, getting help and leaving better off, so it was nice to see a spot on example here.I get the point that Patrick not being dead was silly and it's a bit weird to do it just for a couple of months worth of storyline, but the door's left open for him to come back at some point.And I loved the workplace feel of the police station with Kat and Murray teasing each other and everyone clucking over Luc, with Murray acting as babysitter.

Nice that a truce has been called between Justin and Brian, with both Justin and Phoebe acknowledging the role Brian's played in Ava's life.Justin getting to play the dad for Ava at hospital was rather sweet.It was also a great episode for Phoebe even though she didn't say much, with her expression on seeing Justin have to break the news to Ava that he's going away speaking volumes.Her mentioning her last shift at Salt sounded very final though.

At this point I'm wondering if the entire Morgan family are on drugs, not just Brody.Raffy tells Mason about Buddy eating Brody's drugs and Mason just goes "Oh, that's okay, he had a blood test last week" and Raffy goes "Oh, that's good, forget I said anything"?(A shame, because up until that headbanger of a moment I was rather enjoying their scenes together.)I can't say I'm that interested in Brody going psycho on a pawn shop owner, my main concern is did he leave Raffy's necklace there?Because if so, and it's the one she inherited from their mother, she is going to be really crushed if she doesn't get it back.

38 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I can't say I'm that interested in Brody going psycho on a pawn shop owner, my main concern is did he leave Raffy's necklace there?Because if so, and it's the one she inherited from their mother, she is going to be really crushed if she doesn't get it back.

Oh I can't remember what happens to the necklace But never less if Brody doesn't get it back I'm sure Raffy will get over it she will mostly likely forget within five minutes knowing this show...Now the other week when she caught Brody trying to nap her XBox Now that would have had a lasting effect Justin plays that too oh the uproar :lol:

Archived