2023 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

I do appreciate Alf going into bat for John and he looked really uncomfortable at John's heartfelt thanks; they still had their bickering moments, but this made it feel like there's a fondness in there as well, something that's been sorely lacking in recent years. So we finally meet the infamous Pa Henderson, who seems to have taken Banjo's version of events and run with it. I like that Alf stood up to him but he might have exceeded his authority and it's not clear what this means to the club's future sponsorship.

Has Levi's bedside manner slipped? He was a bit off with Remi (although not as much as Remi was with him!), and went in too hard with Mackenzie, only managing to get her back up.

Bree's sudden reminiscences about Jacob felt like a rather heavy-handed case of "Remember last season's cliffhanger? Because we've got another one coming up!"

33 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

So we finally meet the infamous Pa Henderson

You do have to whether there's a declaration at Seven that stipulates all Hendersons on the show should be baddies... Corey, Stu, Alan, Simon... (lucky Bella dumped counsellor Patricia when she did)

And as H&Alover pointed out the other day, in some rather strange timing, there's certainly some interesting parallels to be made between H&A and one of the UK soaps tomorrow (complete with the freaky camera angles).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dan F said:

You do have to whether there's a declaration at Seven that stipulates all Hendersons on the show should be baddies... Corey, Stu, Alan, Simon... (lucky Bella dumped counsellor Patricia when she did)

And as H&Alover pointed out the other day, in some rather strange timing, there's certainly some interesting parallels to be made between H&A and one of the UK soaps tomorrow (complete with the freaky camera angles).

If we get the Henderson Crime family bowling up 12-strong... I'm putting the Blame Squarely on YOU! 🤣

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

If we get the Henderson Crime family bowling up 12-strong... I'm putting the Blame Squarely on YOU! 🤣

Well it's been 9 months since Dean left, so I can't imagine they'll let us go on for too much longer without a River Boy link being forced into the show again! 😄

The Henderson Brothers... cousins of Stu out for revenge on erm... well, no-one really since Sasha's long gone, so we'll just go with the old 'the town in general'

Though personally I'd prefer these Hendersons over that...

Spoiler

harryandthehenderson_1987_photo_hero-192

• Haha 3

I bet  that is something we'd never thought we see Alf fighting  John's corner, though he did stand up for him at the committee meeting, was it just because he finally realised how good John was at his job and didn't want to lose him.  But anyways good for him tackling Simon.  He does seem very full of himself and apparently he and Banjo - did he really name him that? - aren't that close and he does seem the type not to back down on anything. Can Alf reverse the committee's decision on John by himself, I guess we'll have to wait and see how that turns out.   Alf was right about not wanting John to be at his and Simon's meeting, John can tend to say the wrong thing and he  did look uncomfortable about John's thanks, probably not wanting to look soft. 

I imagine Bree dealing with Leah would  have brought up some bad memories about her and Jacob, but she wasn't to blame for how Jacob turned out, the Jacob we knew wouldn't have been the Jacob she first knew and married.  It was good that when Remi got picked up her call, he went to her right away as he could tell from her voice something wasn't right.  Good that she has decided to see her counsellor again.  Uneasy meeting between Levi and Remi, Levi thinking Remi had come to see him but as Remi said he wasn't there to see  him but his girlfriend who to Levi's surprise was Bree. From what Kirby said later apart from any arguments about Lyrik Remi always took Eden's side so that was why Remi was snippy with Levi. Levi did manage to persuade Remi to talk to him about how things were then, and Kirby admitting  she had a massive crush on Levi when she was younger. 

I imagine Mac keep looking at her monitor would not have been very good for her heart or nerves, fretting about every little beep.  Xander, by trying to help by saying it had felt good to be back at home and in your own bed after his hospital stay did make her decide to discharge herself and Levi can't stop her, it's a hospital not a prison.  She can always come in for her psyhio, but who is going to look after her, Milo has to work so he can't be there 24/7.   Even Xander tried to dissuade her. 

Well, Irene and Marilyn now know about Leah and her going into a clinic with them both saying how Leah hadn't been herself lately, does Alf know yet, he's very close to her seeing as she lived at his for years.  

• Like 1

I must admit I didn't really think about Harper being Cash's friend when Felicity had a go at her. While I don't think it was deserved, I do think Felicity was right about Harper giving as good as she got. Harper's handling it sensibly now anyway.Meanwhile, despite both Cash and Remi playing peacemaker, Eden's second chat with Levi didn't go any better than the first one. Despite Remi defending him, I do think Cash can get a bit overinvolved with trying to "fix" Felicity and Eden at times, but at least it seemed to make them realise they can't just fob him off and have to actually be okay.

Levi was a bit Jekyll and Hyde today, with us getting another look at his less pleasant side at the hospital.I can kind of see where he was coming from but the way he spoke to Xander was unnecessary.Mackenzie is finding that being home isn't the magic cure-all she hoped it would be...

• Like 1

I feel like we see house sets less and less these days - the space at Redfern is clearly limited and the new sets are so big they can’t have smaller modules up like the old Stewart house or Fisher’s houses. Even with the Matheson sisters we’re still not seeing the Beach House. Summer Bay House is barely seen, even the exterior now. I can’t remember when we last saw John’s house.

And what’s happened with the Caravan Park? The garage is still seen so I presume they’ve not lost the location.

Mac was silly to leave the hospital early I think especially when it’s something as serious as the heart 

I do wonder if Alf has sold his soul to Hendson to get John his job back 

I think I actually fell asleep through the Felicity parts I can safety say I don’t care or say I’m that bothered about Eden and Levi either Did think that Tane was ok with Mac though 

• Like 1