2023 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Irene was annoying when Levi spoke to Remi and she asked if they knew each other obviously wanting to know what went on between them.  So nosey.

When Tane was doing the boxing classes with Harper and they were looking at each other and Cash asked Felicity if something was going on, I did wonder if he was actually referring to Tane and Harper as opposed to Felicity and Harper.  I started off being fairly disappointed with Cash.  I felt he didn't have Felicity's back as much as he should.  He seems to think the marriage is over so it's acceptable for Tane to move onto other women.  Whilst I want the marriage to end, I would like to see a little more loyalty from him.  Even with Harper, he seemed to default to siding with her rather than his own sister.  However, after seeing how Eden was with him when he was trying to look out for her and thinking about the situation with Felicity, I started to feel more sympathetic and felt he was in a scenario where he couldn't really win.

Initially raised an eyebrow in the preview when I saw Felicity apologise to Harper and Harper didn't think it was genuine but I'm glad there has been some progress.  I'm pleased Felicity and Mackenzie spoke and cleared things up.  I also didn't like how Tane was sitting their watching them.

Again when I saw the preview I thought Xander was going to undermine another medical person but this time I didn't think he was too bad actually and did end up thinking Levi was quite harsh with him when Mackenzie was hospitalised again.  I'm assuming Mackenzie's going to pull through.

I found it funny when Alf said to Marilyn he wouldn't stand for a bloke putting another bloke down to make himself feel better.  So I guess when Alf puts John down, he just does it for the sake of it.

Well, a few more people turned up to hold vigil for Mackenzie. Felicity gets to join in and handles it well, and I guess Rose was mostly there for Mali. I loved the opening scene of Felicity being enthusiastic and Cash still, after all this time, struggling to get his head around the fact that, even with a broken marriage, she's still got a more responsible life than him! She seems to have moved past the getting angry and lashing out stage to just being sad about her and Tane, which is certainly healthier for everyone else, if not necessarily her. Similarly, Tane has stopped being so cold towards her and is being civil bordering on pleasant, which is nicer to watch if nothing else. I guess I give him points for being honest about how he feels, even if it's not quite what she wanted to hear. Mackenzie's turn to defend Xander to Levi, hopefully that one sank in.

I like how it's not being the usual soap case of once the audience and a couple of other characters know something it's common knowledge: The fact that Levi is Eden's brother is still only slowly trickling around town, with Mali and Rose the latest to be gobsmacked by that one. It feels like Eden's just looking for excuses to carry on hating Levi now: It took me quite a few seconds to work out exactly what it was about his comments to Mackenzie that got her back up.I guess she's thinking about the fact he wasn't there for her when she needed him, but he may have felt that standing by his father was his way of supporting family.

I'm glad Dana stood up for Xander, though Levi gives me the impression he hates the fact a mere nurse put him straight, typical surgeon's complex.

I think for Justin, this song is almost a kind of therapy in a way at the moment, I get the general impression that he wants to talk but isn't sure how to or if he's even allowed to so's to speak; sometimes when people have big things like breakdowns, illness etc. their loved ones can feel like they're not allowed to be sad or scared so often try to find other ways to process.

Loved Mac's boys being there for her, loved Tane's whole speech about her being family; I totally understood Mali's frantic medical research, that tends to be my go to too, even though you know you know you don't have control over the situation, sometimes having the info kind of cushions that and perhaps, if required, give some sense to when the medical-ese is fired at you by doctors, that's sometimes more terrifying.

Felicity chasing Tane back to the house again and the whole kind 'he hugged me, he wants me' attitude is getting kind of desperate now; a hug can be just a hug without meaning honey...and you caused the problem in the first place. I think Tane had to be honest, it's true that you can love someone but know full well that isn't the right thing, hard but ultimately sensible.

Sadly, I think Eden's in for a world of hell now, she should trust her instincts about Levi and ignore everyone, only she truly knows what went down and if there were consequences with Mum for example that Levi ran from, he has no say. Also, I think often, though not always of course, a lot of kids in the middle of divorces search for that solid ground as their parents break the foundation and also if it's acrimonious, the parents often try to force their hatred and emotionally blackmail the kids ; I think maybe Eden and her sister (s)? felt that and looked to Levi to be their safe place, I'm guessing he's the eldest?

Edited by Foellfan

I was absolutely behind Mac defending Xander to Levi👏,  yes he did think it was a good idea she went home BUT it was her decision and it did seem to have put him back in his box.   Mali no no no looking SCAD up on Dr. Google  as said they always put the worst scenarios up first.  That's what caused Mac's panic attack.  

Flick was very upbeat in having signed the lease Cash was being a bit whimsical about how Flick seemed suddenly more grown up than him.  Has he never had a leasehold on anywhere?  If I remember correctly she had a rental and she got kicked out as she wasn't paying the rent.   I guess it must feel a  tad strange for him as he was only supposed to be staying there while he recovered from his shooting and now he 'owns' it. 

Flick went merrily went off to work to earn money to be able to pay the rent and found out about Mac and to give her her due she went straight to the hospital.  No nothing to do with you as you and Mac had a perfectly calm chat and you left.  The relief in all of them was palatable and although Tane was initially wary of Flick hugging him, he did put his arms round her  though more a of comfort for him too I reckon, holding someone, anyone.   I think she was overthinking it assuming they could get back together but at least this  time they talked not shouted at each other and it did feel she finally accepted they were through.  Maybe it was him saying he did love her but there was no going back for them.  On a slightly funnier note, he, rightly, felt it was odd him rummaging in Mac's drawers, he's not her boyfriend/husband, so could be seen as pervy  in some people's eyes,  so definitely something Flick should have been doing.  

It is being  drip feed about Levi being Eden's brother, after her comment about him 'just doing his job' raising eyebrows which meant she had to explain herself. She very quickly shut any more talk about him down.   

None of us know what went down back  in the day and mum may have well needed Eden when dad left but perhaps dad was a really loving dad which is why it shook Eden so much, if he'd been a useless article he wouldn't have been missed would he? Did mum drip poison in Eden's ear as some parents tend to do?  Got to give it to Levi he keeps trying but she so doesn't want to know, in fact she is so fed up with him being around she's going on this trip with Cash. 

Foellfan - Eden said when they first met up again  Levi was 18 and she was 15 when it all went pear shaped in the Fowler household. 

Another drip, drip clue that all is not going well for Alf re the committee, 'said' in a Yorkshire accent,  it seemed he was having words with Geoff. 

Looks like it could be quite dramatic  for Remi and Bree.   

I continue to enjoy this more upbeat Felicity. I'm not sure how much of it's an act (she seemed to flag somewhat once Cash and Eden were gone), and I'm not sure how much of it is based on false hope that Tane is at least willing to talk to her now, but it's definitely better than the alternative. And she manages to harass a somewhat bemused Cash into taking Eden away, although Eden may have been left thinking that having to bump into Levi around town isn't so bad after all.

Xander being proactive when it comes to fundraising for SCAD research is nice to see, and he managed to rope nearly everyone else who was in the episode in to help as well. (Wouldn't Mali and Dana be obvious choices if they were rostered on today?) When I saw Tane there, I had a nasty feeling Felicity was going to turn up and awkwardness would ensue, but thankfully not.

Remi managed to drag Bree out of her comfort zone a bit with the bike ride and left her on a high to rival Felicity's. But the news she might be going away for the best part of a year brought him down to earth with a bump.

Hopefully Bree leaves to go on this world doctor thing 

Remi played that music at the start but a woman was singing I just found that bit amusing Felcity dancing was very cringeworthy but amusing too

I'm pretty much done with Eden.  I just find her exhausting.  She's acted like a spoilt child who hasn't gotten her own way regarding the whole business with Levi.  It's very telling that literally every person who's been involved in her venting about him, is prepared to give Levi the benefit of the doubt.  I really didn't like how when Cash initially rejected the idea of going away with her because of Felicity, she went to see Felicity at Salt, complained about Cash and pretended it wasn't about Felicity because she knew Felicity would assume it was about her.  I was actually hoping we wouldn't see Eden for a while but in literally the same episode they show her and Cash away together.  And from the preview, there's more to come.

I think Tane has been a pretty crap husband as of late but one of the problems I felt about him was that he didn't have enough friends so it was good to see him at Salt with Xander, Mali, Rose and Bree.

1 hour ago, Slade said:

I'm pretty much done with Eden.  I just find her exhausting.  She's acted like a spoilt child who hasn't gotten her own way regarding the whole business with Levi.  It's very telling that literally every person who's been involved in her venting about him, is prepared to give Levi the benefit of the doubt.  I really didn't like how when Cash initially rejected the idea of going away with her because of Felicity, she went to see Felicity at Salt, complained about Cash and pretended it wasn't about Felicity because she knew Felicity would assume it was about her.  I was actually hoping we wouldn't see Eden for a while but in literally the same episode they show her and Cash away together.  And from the preview, there's more to come.

I think Tane has been a pretty crap husband as of late but one of the problems I felt about him was that he didn't have enough friends so it was good to see him at Salt with Xander, Mali, Rose and Bree.

Felicity hasn't been thst much of a great wife either (remove my personal dislike of her) and even impartials for the most part would agree.

Edited by CaptainHulk

I did like Felicity in last nights, yes she was a bit down but more resolved about matters, maybe because she and Tane are at least talking.   I did like  how  she bullied Cash into taking Eden away and told him to stop worrying about her and using her as an excuse to stay in the bay. 

Eden may have had ulterior motives for telling Flick about why Cash wasn't taking a few days  out but it did work because as said Flick went home and told him to sling his hook.  What I hated about Eden was how she scoffed Remi's brekkie which was  a freebie from Flick for cheering her up,  without even asking, just piled in.😠   Eden can or did have her good points and she has been there for people but now she is just getting very, very annoying.  Flick looked very happy seeing Remi playing and he was enjoying himself. 

I did get the feeling Eden had no idea what kind of trip  Cash was planning, he could have warned her it would involve tents not cushy hotels or even B&B's.   She wasn't too happy about it was she so I'm guessing she's not into camping🏕️ or maybe not even done it before.  Even I, at my great age, have never camped but I'd give it  a whirl especially in countryside like that.  

Bree bit the bullet there getting on the back of a bike if she had never done it before but it turned out that she loved it.  I wonder if Adam and Juliet did that for real. I did get the sense her teetering on the edge of the lake wasn't actually in the script.   It certainly kicked Bree out of her comfort zone enough to want to apply to join the Doctor without Borders organisation.  Was it Logan or Christian who was one of those?   Remi was very keen to join her until he found out it would mean he'd be away for nine-12 months at a  time which would be a big chunk out of his life and he'd have to leave the band in a bind. 

Good old Xander with coming up with that idea for fund raising to raise awareness of SCAD, natch Flick would be behind it.  Once Mali and Dana are back from their 'resting' they'll be there.   Felicity did rise above the fact Tane was there and saw the bigger picture.  Would the Surf club committee get behind something like that?   

• Like 1